PDA

View Full Version : painful

macpappy
07-06-2009, 08:50 AM
My left shoulder has been bothering me for the past couple of months so I finally went to the doctor. He ordered an MRI. I have a torn tendon in the left shoulder. Fortunately I smoke cigars with my right hand.

hotreds
07-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Ouch! What happens next?

macpappy
07-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Appointment with an orthoped on Wednesday

Scottw
07-06-2009, 09:22 AM
Is the labrium torn as well? I have had both my shoulders reconstructed so I understand the discomfort you must be going through.

dunng
07-06-2009, 09:55 AM
At least you see the bright side! :tu

68TriShield
07-06-2009, 10:01 AM
I guess it did hurt a tad...

macpappy
07-06-2009, 10:03 AM
At least you see the bright side! :tu

It must be the pain pills.:r

MedicCook
07-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Sorry to hear about the injury. Just remember to rotate smoking arms during rehab.

GoatLocker
07-06-2009, 04:53 PM
I had shoulder surgery a couple months ago. Rehab is not much fun... Good luck at ortho bro!

macpappy
07-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Update:
Torn Rotator Cuff and Adhesive Capulitis. Basically, I tore my rotator cuff and stopped moving my shoulder as much because of the pain. This caused some lesions to form in my shoulder which restricted the motion. On top of that there is a bone spur in there also.

I am going to physical therapy three times a week for the next month to recover some of the movement then I will have the rotator cuff repaired and after six weeks will undergo more physical therapy.

The next five months are not going to be fun.

TheTraveler
07-08-2009, 02:37 PM
I wish you a speedy return to full duty! :tu

doctorcue
07-08-2009, 05:33 PM
What caused all of this? Sorry to hear you have a ton of PT in your future.

GoatLocker
07-08-2009, 06:12 PM
Sounds a lot like my repair. I tore it just prior to a 6 month deployment, and the Doc onboard downplayed it, saying it was just a strain, then just tendonitis, then finally, "oh well, I'll get you in for an MRI after deployment". By the time I got the MRI, I had "frozen shoulder syndrome", AKA Adhesive Capulitis. I also had "Impingement Syndrome" which was caused by a bone spur on the under side of the acromion. The long term wear of the impingement syndrome was the underlying cause of my injury, according to my surgeon. I guess this is pretty common.

Good luck with the repair and recovery bro. I'm no medical expert, but if you want any insight or moral support, drop me a pm. You will also meet plenty of folks at PT at various stages of recovery.

Starscream
07-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Hope you have a swift recovery. Good luck.:tu

HK3-
07-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Ouch! Get well soon and take the advise of the OP and remember to rotate your smoking arms. :)

macpappy
07-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Sounds a lot like my repair. I tore it just prior to a 6 month deployment, and the Doc onboard downplayed it, saying it was just a strain, then just tendonitis, then finally, "oh well, I'll get you in for an MRI after deployment". By the time I got the MRI, I had "frozen shoulder syndrome", AKA Adhesive Capulitis. I also had "Impingement Syndrome" which was caused by a bone spur on the under side of the acromion. The long term wear of the impingement syndrome was the underlying cause of my injury, according to my surgeon. I guess this is pretty common.

Good luck with the repair and recovery bro. I'm no medical expert, but if you want any insight or moral support, drop me a pm. You will also meet plenty of folks at PT at various stages of recovery.

Yep, I've got a bone spur also and the Doc believes that it finally caused the injury and that lead to the frozen shoulder. This all happened about three months ago while I was doing some yard work and swing a weedeater back and forth. The Orthopedist I'm seeing is a good man who I've dealt with in the past so it was nice getting a straight up assessment from the beginning.