PDA

View Full Version : Cigar Podcasts?

aerochris
07-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Are there any cigar podcasts? It seems like these days there are podcasts for everything. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

md4958
07-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Dog Watch
http://www.dogwatchsocialclub.com/Show/PastShows.aspx

WildBlueSooner
07-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Are there any cigar podcasts? It seems like these days there are podcasts for everything. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Blowin Smoke is a great podcats. I am on episode 16 with many more to go to get caught up! Rob Heming is the host...it is very entertaining and educational.

:banger

ChicagoWhiteSox
07-06-2009, 08:21 AM
Stogie Fresh with the Doc

loki
07-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Blowin Smoke is a great podcats. I am on episode 16 with many more to go to get caught up! Rob Heming is the host...it is very entertaining and educational.

I've been on this one a few times, #1 in my book

Beagleone
07-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Listen to all three regularly. I usually tweet back to Blowinsmoke when Rob post something of interest. Stogie Fresh has good segments and reviews too.

troutbreath
07-06-2009, 10:04 AM

I do Blowin' Smoke and Dogwatch. Both are entertaining, but different. Rob and his crew have great personalities, and a pretty good format. Really good quality on the production, too. They do an "official" review of the show's stick at the end, which is pretty nice. Then it goes up against the reigning champion . . . you can really get a feel for what they like. They are all in one room, so it's got the feeling that you are right there with them.

Bob and Dale on Dogwatch are a different environment. Much more conversational, with two guys that have pretty different personalities. Both have sneaky-good senses of humor, but they have to grow on you. Bob and Dale do a couple of segments which I enjoy: "What's my band?" and "What else have you been smoking?" The "What's my band?" is an unbanded trial of a cigar which has been mailed across country. It's interesting to get their opinions of a stick when they don't know what it is. The "what else" segment gives me shopping ideas. Bob & Dale also get in some interesting guests, on occasion. The Dogwatch crew are in different parts of the world, so they can have some technical issues with the sound.

Both shows are very entertaining. I have new episodes loaded on the ipod for my many hours of driving this week.

troutbreath
07-06-2009, 10:05 AM
I've been on this one a few times, #1 in my book

I heard you mention this site a few weeks ago! I meant to drop you a line. Rob read one of my letters a while back.

Waynegro1
07-06-2009, 10:54 AM
I agree with the above, I listen to the three below on a regular basis:

Blowin' Smoke: http://www.burghherfers.com/podcast.html

DogWatch: http://www.dogwatchsocialclub.com/

Stogie Fresh: http://www.stogiefresh.com/journal/Site/Podcast/Podcast.html

They all have negative/positive aspects, but great info and great for long drives. :ss

LasciviousXXX
07-06-2009, 11:14 AM
I'm a fan of the DogWatch boys. Both great guys who have a true passion for the leaf. That's the biggest factor for me, if I can sense they feel the same way about cigars as I do.

:tu

karmaz00
07-06-2009, 01:12 PM
dogwatch social club and doc stogie +1

Azpostal
07-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Stogie Fresh is one of the best. Doc has all the info and history of the cigars in his podcast.

ProBe
07-06-2009, 06:32 PM
All three are worth having on your i pod.

Ranger_B
07-06-2009, 07:20 PM
I cant say enough about dogwatch thats how I found this place. As for stogie fresh the Doc has great info and goes back and revisits the cigars after they have some more rest on them which is a great comparison. Been listening to these for about a year now. Was able to get caught up after some long flights.

jledou
07-06-2009, 09:03 PM
The Mind of Men also put out a short cigar review "From the Havana Hut" in addition to their regular podcast that includes the cigar and libation review at the end of each show.

All three of the previously mentioned are great shows also.

GTCanuk
07-07-2009, 07:51 PM
I'll have to check out those podcasts as I am now sick and tired of old cigardave

aerochris
07-08-2009, 05:01 AM
Thanks guys. I'm going to check these podcasts out!!!

theonlybear4CORT
07-08-2009, 07:37 AM
Stogie Fresh is one of the best. Doc has all the info and history of the cigars in his podcast.

:tpd:

greenwit
07-09-2009, 07:56 PM
What? No one mentions Stogie Review!?!?! I count it as a podcast though it is really video reviews DL'able on iTunes and their own site.

I too listen to Dogwatch and sometimes join the chatroom while they record their show.

kenstogie
09-28-2009, 06:09 PM
There used to be a podcast that BOBB was on whatever happened to that?

pmwz
09-29-2009, 02:23 AM
i enjoy listening to dogwatch and blowinsmoke the most.
there is also a relatively new podcast called belicoso brother's http://web.me.com/belicosobrothers/Belicoso_Brothers_CigarCast/Home.html

Stick
09-29-2009, 09:21 AM
A list of blogs and podcasts is here (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8868&highlight=podcast), looks like there is one or two there that haven't been mentioned.

kenstogie
09-29-2009, 12:05 PM
Whatever happened to Cigar Nation???? I loved that podcast. Also where's BOBB?

Titan410
09-30-2009, 06:54 AM
I'm a longtime fan of Dogwatch, but had not heard about blowinsmoke. I will have to check it out.

Savvy
09-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Whatever happened to Cigar Nation???? I loved that podcast. Also where's BOBB?

Bobb ran most of the audio stuff for the show, as well as being a host. He took a teaching job in Fairbanks, AK, so they stopped making the show (at least to my knowledge)

I used to go the the B&M they recorded the show in, I was at a few of the recordings as well. It was a pretty fun time (I'm now in Germany, so I'd be missing out if they were still making it.)

As far as where Bobb has been...I'm guessing he's just been busy with work and stuff. I've been in touch with him lately, I'll have to find out why he hasn't stopped by here in awhile :tu

kenstogie
09-30-2009, 09:47 AM
Bobb ran most of the audio stuff for the show, as well as being a host. He took a teaching job in Fairbanks, AK, so they stopped making the show (at least to my knowledge)

I used to go the the B&M they recorded the show in, I was at a few of the recordings as well. It was a pretty fun time (I'm now in Germany, so I'd be missing out if they were still making it.)

As far as where Bobb has been...I'm guessing he's just been busy with work and stuff. I've been in touch with him lately, I'll have to find out why he hasn't stopped by here in awhile :tu

Thanks. :tu I met him at a MMH in Chi - Town once. Nice guy. I loved that show.