PDA

View Full Version : Ever had a cigar to find out you cant get em?

Biglizard1
06-30-2009, 05:56 PM
No I am not talking about CC and NC, not even high value top notch stuff, Ltd release and the such,
I enjoyed a cigar about three months ago, and really enjoyed the flavor taste and construction, not an expensive stick by the description that the gifter gave me. Had two in the humidor and just the other day tried the second to give it my yeah i'll buy more of those!... Only to find out that you cant locate em, not produced, just gone.....no stock....
Argggg:(

HK3-
06-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Dang that's no good. What the heck was it?

BlackDog
06-30-2009, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I had that happen a while back when one of our BOTL's here gave me one of the classic Olivia O's. What a nice cigar.

sikk50
06-30-2009, 06:14 PM
I fell in love with a stick and ordered quite a few as an everyday/study/homework stick while at school. The description says they no longer make them though. I have noticed them being less and less frequent on cbid so I may be running out soon

troutbreath
06-30-2009, 06:21 PM
First thought was CC. But, I think I have been lucky so far. I've seen some pretty tasty sticks on here, but haven't tried any of the mysterious ones.

stearns
06-30-2009, 06:38 PM
No I am not talking about CC and NC, not even high value top notch stuff, Ltd release and the such,
I enjoyed a cigar about three months ago, and really enjoyed the flavor taste and construction, not an expensive stick by the description that the gifter gave me. Had two in the humidor and just the other day tried the second to give it my yeah i'll buy more of those!... Only to find out that you cant locate em, not produced, just gone.....no stock....
Argggg:(

do tell, what exactly is it that you cannot locate? :tu

stearns

Biglizard1
06-30-2009, 06:46 PM
do tell, what exactly is it that you cannot locate? :tu

stearns

That is dangerous right there!:r

stearns
06-30-2009, 06:49 PM
not at all, just wanna help you find a source for a cigar you like. i have a very particular set of skills...

stearns

hotreds
06-30-2009, 07:13 PM
That's why I won't smoke an unbanded cigar- I'd hate to love it and not have a clue what it is!

Emjaysmash
06-30-2009, 07:15 PM
i have a very particular set of skills...

stearns

:r :r :r

I knew ben was Liam Neeson

Biglizard1
06-30-2009, 07:41 PM
He must not remember that he has sent a box to me before! I payed dearly for that newbie sampler trade

sikk50
07-02-2009, 01:50 PM
I almost forgot about one. The Perdomo En Vitro. Damn fine morning smoke, but you can't get them anymore. It was like Skywalker was teasing me when he gave it to me!

Garbandz
07-02-2009, 02:53 PM
Still waiting for the answer to the question"what was it?"

Tio Gato
07-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Still waiting for the answer to the question"what was it?"

Me too! As an unemployed bum I have endless hours to search the internet for long lost cigars.:)

The Poet
07-02-2009, 03:19 PM
Must be a Papayo, and he's ashamed to tell us that he liked it.

tobii3
07-02-2009, 03:28 PM
The Perdomo En Vitro.

Uh, Dude??

Think you got yer cigars and fertilization techniques mixed up a little!!!!

:r

sikk50
07-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Lol so it would seem. For clearification it's the En Vidrio.

lightning9191
07-02-2009, 03:48 PM
Lol so it would seem. For clearification it's the En Vidrio.

JR carries them here (http://www.jrcigars.com/index.cfm?page=itemDetails&ItemCode=PER). They carry a few different sizes, but I just linked to one.

kelmac07
07-02-2009, 06:16 PM
They cal this the JK Effect!!!!

Wondering Nomad
07-03-2009, 05:06 PM
I used to get my hands on a "house" cigar from Johnito Oliva when I lived back in Tampa back in the mid 90's. That was the best cigar that ever touched my lips and I will more than likely never have another. Not because they were limited production, but because they were never offered for sale. I would kill for a box of those now. :(

Norcal_aaron
07-03-2009, 07:53 PM
Yes, this past Sunday I smoked my first Tat black label and fell in love, now I can not find any of the orig. release which came in the jars. Guess I will have to wait for the new Trops. to come out. I feel your pain brother!

Garbandz
07-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Aimless wandering......Pointless perusal......A plenipotentiary of peripatetic profligacy........Guess I'll go have a smoke and see if there is a reason for living.....Can't wait to see what Tanith has to say .....:r

The Poet
07-04-2009, 01:27 PM
The Nomad's post re Oliva's not-for-sale brought back to mind some CAO fresh houseblends I once snagged at a herf. CAO was there offering extras with box sales, but were handing out these puppies as samples left and right. They were unpressed, unbanded, sizable sticks (Churchill mebbe?), in dark wrappers, and a blend they only made for themselves, for in-house consumption. These were probably the best CAOs I ever had, and I managed to scarf a few others from brothers who weren't interested, thank you very much. I wouldn't mind gettin' my paws on a wheel or three of these - especially at the same price.

Biglizard1
07-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Thanks to all of you whom have posted, I posted my original topic because I occasionally have cigars that I know I cant get there are some I've been gifted, older than I am, makers out of business, etc, i took just a moment to see what others have had and some of the stories have just the stuff I wondered about. This hobby/life of cigars changes so often and things come and go. The friends I have met and just spoken with on here make memories far deeper than a cigar can ever be held to. I just wondered how some of you got to where you are with things you can never have again..... Thanks again
David

acarr
07-04-2009, 04:43 PM
There was an old Cohiba with a label that looked like the Cuban variety with the yellow, white, and black but it just said Dominican or Dominican Republic along the bottom. These things were fantastic!