PDA

View Full Version : To Catch A Flower Thief...

Footbag
06-30-2009, 01:35 PM
We've had a bit of a problem at my business. Someone has been stealing our flowers out of our planter. At first it was annoying, but the third time it happened, we called the police. It's happened 5 times overall in the past 3 months.

I was almost embarrassed to have to make out the report. Especially when the officer asked me what types of flowers were stolen. Petunias, Begonias, etc... That said, we heard that it happened to another business a few blocks down, and thought it would be irresponsible not to fill out the report.

Well, sure enough, Sunday, I left work and a couple of minutes later they called and said they had seen the flower thieves and got their license plate #. My brother had called the police to report the newest theft.
Now, every other time they took them, it was night time. But this time, it was during the day. They messed up, and I got them on Video! Going to send it in tomorrow.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll175/Footbag01/flowerthief.jpg

I was hoping that we would've already heard something, given the fact we got their plate, but we haven't. I don't know if they will pay them a visit or just send them something in the mail. Just having the police show up at your door for something like this must be embarrassing.

Well, that's my story for the day.

poker
06-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Pretty pathetic to steal flowers.

Footbag
06-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Pretty pathetic to steal flowers.

Even worse getting caught!

poker
06-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Put it up on Youtube LOL

skullnrose
06-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Glad you were able to catch them in the act.

The Poet
06-30-2009, 02:23 PM
I had a woman come into my place of work one day to ask if I liked the planter out front. Hunh? What? Well, not in THAT way, if that's what you mean. Hey, I barely KNOW it! But seems that she did, and did, as she wanted to take the whole damn thing home with her, dirt and all.

The noive of some people.

NCRadioMan
06-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Put it up on Youtube LOL
:tpd: And send a copy to your local news for good measure. Let everybody see the thieving idiots.

Footbag
06-30-2009, 02:25 PM
Put it up on Youtube LOL

I'm strongly considering it. If I don't hear anything from the police, I'll send it to the our local news and youtube and anywhere else that it may help. I just don't want to look petty, but I cannot comprehend what type of person would steal flowers.

Maybe Ill upload it tonight.

D_A
06-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Put it up on Youtube LOL

:tpd: And share it with the local news station so their friends and family can see exactly the POS they are. Glad you caught them. I used to have flowers stolen from a bed by the sidewalk all the time.

'DOH. I type too slow, you guys beat me to it.

poker
06-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Personally I would put it up regardless. Just in the hope that her family or co-workers might see it.

Junior
06-30-2009, 02:28 PM
You could get someone to run the plates you have, and go take some of there flowers. See how they feel about it then.

Second thought you may have my luck, and the cops would be knocking on your door.

NCRadioMan
06-30-2009, 02:29 PM
Petty? Nah. Thieves are some of the lowest of the low no matter what they take. What kind of person would steal flowers? Scum bucket thieves that need to be caught.

Footbag
06-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Don't know if I can Embed, so here's a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyBD9S1-Jvg

NCRadioMan
06-30-2009, 02:58 PM
Don't know if I can Embed, so here's a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyBD9S1-Jvg

Sweet, now all you have to do is forward the link to all your local news outlets. They can pick up the vid from there. :banger

Footbag
06-30-2009, 03:05 PM
Sweet, now all you have to do is forward the link to all your local news outlets. They can pick up the vid from there. :banger

I'm probably going to wait a day or two as the police do have their license plate #. I would've expected that to be enough. That said, I know they have more important things to do then chase flower thieves. So we'll see.

Tio Gato
06-30-2009, 03:06 PM
Further proof that you can only trust cigar smokers.:)
I hope you nail them dirty bums.

jjirons69
06-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey, that's my SUV!

TanithT
06-30-2009, 03:13 PM
I confess, it was me. I wanted to make my herfing spot more pretty. I am coming for your lace curtains next. :ss

Seriously, this is f***ed up. My guess is that it's a vendor looking for a "wholesale source".

NCRadioMan
06-30-2009, 03:18 PM
I'm probably going to wait a day or two as the police do have their license plate #. I would've expected that to be enough. That said, I know they have more important things to do then chase flower thieves. So we'll see.
The only reason I would want you to send it to the news is the shame factor. If people they know sees them stealing flowers, well, that's better than police prosecution in this case, imo.

HK3-
06-30-2009, 03:21 PM
B-B-B-B-Busted! Way to catch those low life thieves. :dance:

WildBlueSooner
06-30-2009, 03:48 PM
wow...what a dumbass! I am glad you caught them!

Texan in Mexico
06-30-2009, 05:45 PM
It is incredible what people will do. I would be interested to find out what the motivation behind the theft is whether it is for resale or she just likes free flowers.

TonySmith
06-30-2009, 06:22 PM
The only reason I would want you to send it to the news is the shame factor.

Only problem is some people have no shame, it's a sad world sometimes

BlackDog
06-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Pretty neat that you got them on film. That plus the license plate number makes it pretty much a slam dunk.

hotreds
06-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Looks like the guy that came out from your store was able to say something. Did they even look at they guy? Amazing!

Actually, what you should do if you get their addy is go to their house with a flat of flowers and tell them that these should preclude their stealing anymore flowers from in front of your store. Even if they have no shame, that should tighten their anus a bit!

rizzle
07-01-2009, 07:52 AM
Craziness. Unbelievable.

ahc4353
07-01-2009, 08:01 AM
I watched that video 3 times and all I can say is, WOW.

Footbag
07-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Looks like the guy that came out from your store was able to say something. Did they even look at they guy? Amazing!

Actually, what you should do if you get their addy is go to their house with a flat of flowers and tell them that these should preclude their stealing anymore flowers from in front of your store. Even if they have no shame, that should tighten their anus a bit!

As he walked out of the building he heard the guy telling the girl to get the other planter as well. He asked them to stop and told them they already called the police and then he wrote down their license plate #.

mikeyj23
07-01-2009, 08:25 AM
Ridiculous.

I don't know of a news station that wouldn't go NUTS over this.

ahc4353
07-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Ridiculous.

I don't know of a news station that wouldn't go NUTS over this.

:tpd::tpd::tpd::tpd:

I would send it to the news people so fast it would make her head spin!

milaena
07-08-2011, 10:17 AM
I have the SAME PROBLEM; every year my hydrangea bush produces about 65 extra large flowers. Gradually, starting in July, someone comes at night with pruning shears and clips two or three that are perfect for drying. (and then selling). Last year I lost 49. This year I am determined to wait up; they come in the dark, and probably walk as I live in an old village on a footpath.

Can't afford a CCTV. I am 66. Very dark area. This has been going on about six years. Any ideas? Exploding Ink? To track them home? HELP!!!
Milaena

icehog3
07-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Yes. Yes. I would go with the exploding ink.

What kind of cigars do you enjoy, milaena?

Zeuceone
07-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Nail a rattle snake by the tail to the bush.

Coach Deg
07-08-2011, 11:15 AM
That's awesome!! Download it!!!!

shilala
07-08-2011, 11:29 AM
I'd like to swing by their place and see if their flower beds are nice.
Makes me wonder if they're taking them home and planting them, or what they're doing with them? A couple plants costs less than the gas they used to steal yours, it makes no sense.

pektel
07-08-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm guessing this has been settled, what with being a 2 year old thread and all.

To the new member: I would wait up and confront them.

OLS
07-08-2011, 11:34 AM
B-B-B-B-Busted! Way to catch those low life thieves. :dance:

In deference to the enforcement officers at the asylum, my apologies, but as a group I have never been a fan
of law enforcement's sense of humor, at least when they showcase it while you are defenseless and under their control
or scrutiny a lot of times, and you have to be all "yes sir and no sir" while they lay it on as thick as they like.
Granted, this is viewed from a career pot smoker and everyone knows we never hurt anyone. But in this case I had
a LITTLE chuckle as I imagined them asking if it was "petunias, begonias, etc?" Not quite enough to turn the tide
in their favor, but given the sitcho, still kind a funny.

OLS
07-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Haha, nice to see Milaena joined the forum just to be able to post her question about exploding ink.
Here's hoping you see enough around here to warrant sticking around.

kelmac07
07-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Morons...in broad daylight? :td :td

jesseboston81
07-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Haha, nice to see Milaena joined the forum just to be able to post her question about exploding ink.
Here's hoping you see enough around here to warrant sticking around.

In all fairness, this thread is the #2 result on Google for the search terms "catch a flower thief" and "how to catch a flower thief". Guess she was just that desperate that she didn't care that this is a cigar--and not a flower--community! Our influence extends even further than we had imagined! :D

icehog3
07-08-2011, 12:36 PM
In all fairness, this thread is the #2 result on Google for the search terms "catch a flower thief" and "how to catch a flower thief". Guess she was just that desperate that she didn't care that this is a cigar--and not a flower--community! Our influence extends even further than we had imagined! :D

:wo

And based on that and the rest, this 2 year old thread is finito. ;)