PDA

View Full Version : ST Dupont Xtend Lighters?

BamBam
06-29-2009, 06:24 PM
I am kicking around the idea of getting one of these in matte black. But before I shell out the cash for one of these beautiful lighters I was curious what the consensus was among current or past owners.

Are they really worth the price tag?

I really like the idea of the windproof flame. I also have always been a fan of the side ignition and love the look of the xtend in general. My current go to lighter is my Blazer micro-torch. I love it because of it's fuel capacity, but in the wind it sort of peters out on me.

On a side note if anyone has any places where to get these for a good price, shoot me a PM. I appreciate it.

Parshooter
06-30-2009, 09:56 AM
I love mine. I really didn't set out to get one (price) but when I saw the black with the Habanos smoke, I had to have one. It worked flawlessly for 4-5 years, then crapped out. I sent it back and they did fix it (50.00). And again it's working great. My only beef is the fuel capacity, not much. I only use it at home or if I go out someplace nice to have a cigar.

BamBam
06-30-2009, 08:32 PM
I love mine. I really didn't set out to get one (price) but when I saw the black with the Habanos smoke, I had to have one. It worked flawlessly for 4-5 years, then crapped out. I sent it back and they did fix it (50.00). And again it's working great. My only beef is the fuel capacity, not much. I only use it at home or if I go out someplace nice to have a cigar.

I'm a toaster, meaning I like to completely light the cigar before taking the first draw. Any idea on how many cigars you could light this way before having to refill the xtend?

BamBam
07-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Can anyone else help me.

Are they worth the price tag?

Pros and Cons from owners?

:confused:

floydp
07-01-2009, 08:24 PM
The best lighter I've ever used. Had mine just over two years without any issues. Simply works the way it should every time I push the button. Never really paid any attention how many cigars I could light between refills. Seems like it was quite a few. IMHO its worth every penny you spend for it. Haven't priced them in a long time so I have no idea who has a deal on them.

skullnrose
07-01-2009, 08:25 PM
They are a great lighter Mine lasts the week 3-4 cigars a day and I toast. Shop around if you are not set on the color some deals can be found.

ucla695
07-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Mine has served me well over the past 4 years or so. It's a nice, elegant lighter. It used to be my go to lighter, but I primarily use it when I go out now. My only complaint is that it doesn't hold a lot of butane. For home used, I really like the Blazer PB-207....great torch and even better price point.

BamBam
07-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Thanks....I ended up getting one. Have to wait a week or so to get it as it is backordered. I really like the jet flame it puts out. I will definitely keep my PB-207 as it is an awesome lighter in it's own right, just doesn't do great in the wind.

LasciviousXXX
08-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Was looking at picking up a new Xtend. Does anyone remember who had the Habanos smoke one in stock? I can't remember where I had found them before.

TIA :tu