PDA

View Full Version : Arturo Fuente cloth bands?

BlackDog
06-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Can someone straighten me out on the colored bands on the foot of Fuente cigars? I know red is on the Opus cigars. But what are the green and black ones? Both seem to be on the sun grown series. Thanks for clarifying this for me.

NCRadioMan
06-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Green is the Chateau series, nat and maduro and the black is the sungrown. Both Opus and Anejo has the red. This is generally the case but there are exceptions when looking at the more rare Fuente's. For example, the 858 Rosado has a red band and some rare Opus have the black.

Skywalker
06-29-2009, 09:13 AM
Green is the Chateau series, nat and maduro and the black is the sungrown. Both Opus and Anejo has the red.

And all are delectable!!!:dr

stearns
06-29-2009, 09:13 AM
dont forget about orange (casa fuentes)

stearns

BlackDog
06-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Green is the Chateau series, nat and maduro and the black is the sungrown. Both Opus and Anejo has the red. This is generally the case but there are exceptions when looking at the more rare Fuente's. For example, the 858 Rosado has a red band and some rare Opus have the black.
Thank you Radioman. Now this brings up a second question: What exactly is the Chateau series? I sort of assumed "Chateau" was a size, as most of the internet dealers list the "Chateau" under their listing for the sun grown cigars.

awsmith4
06-29-2009, 09:44 AM
Thank you Radioman. Now this brings up a second question: What exactly is the Chateau series? I sort of assumed "Chateau" was a size, as most of the internet dealers list the "Chateau" under their listing for the sun grown cigars.

Taken from Holt's

"The Arturo Fuente Chateau Series is a lovely lineup of cedar-wrapped beauties. Handmade in the Dominican Republic in the Fuente factory, these cigars come in 3 outstanding varieties. The Natural variety features a golden Connecticut shade-grown wrapper, the Maduro variety sports a dark Connecticut Broadleaf wrapper, and the Sun Grown variety showboats a thick, oily Ecuadorian wrapper. The Natural and Maduro are medium-bodied and smooth, while the Sun Grown is full-bodied, spicy and robust. These are some of the finest cigars for the money in the entire industry."

http://www.holts.com/category.html?id=201519&trail=86665

BlackDog
06-29-2009, 09:51 AM
OK, so it's sort of a "crossover" series, with several wrapper options. Thank you Albert.