PDA

View Full Version : Argh! Don't ya hate it when...

LasciviousXXX
06-28-2009, 07:35 AM
....you're smoking a cigar and you run out of Lava Butane in BOTH of your lighters you have with you? Damn I hate that!

I was sitting there last night after just enjoying a nice NY Strip and I lit up a SLR Series A and 1/4 of the way through I run out of fuel in not one but two of my lighters! And I wasn't at home in Phoenix so I didn't have any back up lighters to use. And being the "touch-up" King that I am this really annoyed me LOL.

Just a general rant...back to your regularly scheduled programming :tu

Savor the Stick
06-28-2009, 09:11 AM
sorry for your pain. :sad

:D

markem
06-28-2009, 09:25 AM
I'd suggest that you just get matches and light farts, but then we'd have to call you Peter. :r :pn

I'm always paranoid about running out of fuel, so I purge and refill my lighters whenever I take cigars some place. Even if I just filled them the day before.

pnoon
06-28-2009, 09:56 AM
I'd suggest that you just get matches and light farts, but then we'd have to call you Peter. :r :pn

I'm always paranoid about running out of fuel, so I purge and refill my lighters whenever I take cigars some place. Even if I just filled them the day before.

Hey now. :tg

shilala
06-28-2009, 10:15 AM
I own like 20 lighters.
I keep them in a box in my display humi, and I fill them according to my daily OCD level.
Imagine my dismay when I can't find a lighter anywhere.
Now take that just one more level...
Imagine when the only when I CAN find is a Colibri Firebird.
This is why I medicate. Among other things.

LasciviousXXX
06-28-2009, 10:19 AM
I have two lighters that I use regularly. One is my Dupont and the other is the dual flame one they had a GB awhile ago. And BOTH ran out of Lava...bummage.

Gotta go pick up something else in the interim till I get back down to PHX.

smokin5
06-28-2009, 04:27 PM
Karma's way of telling you that you should have been in Prescott Saturday - we had LOTS of lighters & fluid here, bro! ;)

LasciviousXXX
06-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Ended up having to work late bro. I'm sure you had a blast though my man :tu

GreekGodX
06-28-2009, 05:36 PM
The same thing happened to me and friend last night. I ran out of fuel in my lighter, borrowed my friend's, went to touch up, then his lighter went out. He had a back up and that went out too. Seems like both of us need to stop being so lazy on the filling. Ended up having to borrow a zippo from another guy at the bar.

Scottw
06-28-2009, 05:53 PM
I actually lost one of mine that my uncle gave me 6 months ago and for some reason, my Vector triple torch is not holding fuel. I actually lit both my cigars today with Bics. not too happy.