PDA

View Full Version : Rugby Discussion Thread

mithrilG60
06-27-2009, 04:35 PM
So, who else here is a fan of real footie and not this strange forward passing game that most people here in North America call football ;) Now that the June Tests are well underway and the TriNations is just around the corner who's been watching and what's your take?

Personally I'm very impressed with what Robbie Dean's has been able to do with the Wallabies and both they and the Bok's are looking STRONG this year. Looks like the AB's will definitely have the business to do if they're to defend their hold on the TriNations, Bledisoe and Freedom Cups. With so many injuries to key players this year they're looking very weak by their normal standards.

bigloo
07-01-2009, 04:27 PM
The AB will be back, but they are looking young and fresh right now. Robbie Deans is the best coach in the world. I think the SA talent is the best right now but the coach is terrible and so is the selection process (how come Jacobs keeps starting). I think the Boks will finish the Lions 3-0 this weekend, then it is time for the Tri-nations.

I am not sure yet who I have as favorites for the TN, maybe the Aussies just based on the fact that this coach is headed for a massive blunder.

Cenookie
07-01-2009, 09:51 PM
(Give Blood, play Rugby:tu). Have only been watching for a couple of years and I'm an All Black fan. Saw the test between the Boks and the Lions, and the Bok's do look good. But would never bet against the All Blacks. Can't wait for the Tri-Nations:banger.