PDA

View Full Version : Joe Cigar: Pirates Gold gets Punk'd

Drazzil
06-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Okay, on the banter back section I have left this, lets see how long it stays up

Original Quote:

Pirate’s Gold is one of the many gems unearthed from the aging vaults of the Puros Indios factory. Dressed in an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper, these cigars contain an aged mixture of Dominican, Ecuadorian, Brazilian, and Nicaraguan tobaccos. Complex indeed, but age has done wonders to this cigar, molding it into a mellow bouquet of enjoyable flavors. Notes of earth and toasted wood complement a dense tobacco core and medium-bodied character. It’s somewhat creamy, coating the palate with a pleasant aftertaste that lingers just long enough to keep you satisfied. Hey, at just $1.50 apiece, Joe suggests you grapple a few stat.

Drazzil'ed

Pirate’s Gold is one of the many cigars unearthed from the deepest vaults of the North Korean chemical weapons facilities. Dressed in the death shroud of a drug addled middle aged lady of the evening, these cigars contain an aged mixture of horse turd, dog intestine, urunal cake, and distilled misery. Complex indeed, but age has done wonders to this cigar, molding it into a mellow bouquet of enjoyable flavors... we promise!

MajorCaptSilly
06-23-2009, 07:57 PM
My boss likes these. I'm trying to learn him some proper cigar knowledge.

MCS

bigloo
06-23-2009, 08:07 PM
Some logic here folks.

Pirates Gold = Booty

Whats come out of a Booty = Turd

Therefore, by simple substitution:

Pirates Gold = Turd

I think the math is pretty solid.

reggiebuckeye
06-23-2009, 08:10 PM
I haven't had any in a long time, but the no. 4 maduro with about 6 months on it is a good cigar.

WildBlueSooner
06-23-2009, 08:15 PM
Some logic here folks.

Pirates Gold = Booty

Pirates Gold = Turd

:r:r Makes perfect sense to me!

TheTraveler
06-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Some logic here folks.

Pirates Gold = Booty

Pirates Gold = Turd

<-- taking notes in case there's a quiz at the end of class - don't want to flunk cigar math or I'll be stuck in summer school :D

Waynegro1
06-23-2009, 10:38 PM
Some logic here folks.

Pirates Gold = Booty

Pirates Gold = Turd

:r:r:r:r :tu

Silound
06-23-2009, 10:55 PM
<-- taking notes in case there's a quiz at the end of class - don't want to flunk cigar math or I'll be stuck in summer school :D

But you can smoke in this school!

Dunkel
06-24-2009, 05:28 AM
LOL I read some of the descriptions cigar catalogs give and look at the price and roll my eyes. One of my friends told me to stir clear of Pirates Gold, he's a good friend indeed!

They better hope they never put Tierra Del Sol on special. I have a few choice words about those turds.

jjirons69
06-24-2009, 05:31 AM
Pirates are bad. They taste like Jack Sparrow smells.

Lucky_Hippo
06-24-2009, 05:48 AM
This is the only Puros Indios cigar I have ever had, and is actually the sole reason why I will never smoke another.

Tenor CS
06-24-2009, 06:10 AM
Some logic here folks.

Pirates Gold = Booty

Pirates Gold = Turd

Ah, the good old transitive property of dog rockets.

A=B, B=C, therefore A=C

14holestogie
06-24-2009, 06:12 AM
Ah, the good old transitive property of dog rockets.

A=B, B=C, therefore A=C

Cross-dressing required? ;)

s15driftking
06-24-2009, 06:18 AM
Pirates Gold = Treasure

Treasure = One man's Junk

Pirate's Gold = Junk

marge796
06-25-2009, 05:24 AM
Pirates are bad. They taste like Jack Sparrow smells.

This is funny But, I do like a Pirate with a little age on them. Not a bad cee-gar regardless of the fact people are beating them up.

:2

Chris.....

68TriShield
06-25-2009, 05:57 AM
This is funny But, I do like a Pirate with a little age on them. Not a bad cee-gar regardless of the fact people are beating them up.

:2

Chris.....

I agree,not bad. I've had much worse.

Coz77
06-26-2009, 01:16 PM
I did a review of the Pirates Gold #2 back in the day on a "former site". It went a little something like this....

1. Quite frankly I feel this cigar blowshttp://www.puff.com/forums/vb/images_cs3/smilies/doublepuke.gif

2. I wish I had the 10 minutes back of my life I wasted on this thing!

3. I have officially quit smoking and buying all products from Rolando Reyes.

Since then I have never smokes a Reyes product...and I'm OK with that! :tu

csbrewfisher
06-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Since then I have never smokes a Reyes product...and I'm OK with that! :tu

Bro, I tried a Reyes Family Premier torp last weekend with my coffee up in the mountains north of Durango, CO. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. Before that cigar I shared your sentiment, but now I'm rethinking.

The Poet
06-26-2009, 01:23 PM
I've smoked a few PIs, but not these. They were - eh. Wouldn't call them "classic" dog rockets, but would not recommend them either.

Well, maybe to you guys. :ss

OLS
06-26-2009, 02:34 PM
I have had a few absolutely delicious RReyes products, what was the one with the creamy orange band back in the day...I am not so sure it was the Aliados, maybe it was a discontinued stock of Aliados. It was a little minuto sized cigar, best NC cigar I ever smoked. Toffee and cream and tobacco, wowo. I know they don't make em anymore. This was early 90s