PDA

View Full Version : Never knew he smoked.

Footbag
06-23-2009, 08:46 AM
I've got a friend who graduated from the same high school as me. He's one of those guys who just seems to hang around in the same circles, and I end up seeing him everywhere. He's a regular at my favorite bar, so we see him there frequently. We've also randomly seen him in distant places like camping in Maine or Vermont.

That said, my wife and I saw him at the bar the other day, and he invited us over for drinks. As we were walking out to the porch, he offered me a cigar. "Sure, I'd like a cigar" I said. We got to chatting and he's been smoking for a little while now, but has no idea what to look for. He seems to just like smoking cigars.

The cigars he had were mostly General cigar brands, but he had one Cuban. I wasn't going to smoke his only Cuban, so I picked out a Rocky Patel Vintage 99 Conn. Not my typical smoke, but I had a nice time.

He had a lot of questions, and implied it was hard to be taken seriously as a newer smoker in a cigar shop. I gave him what little bit of info I could without giving him a tour of my humidor.

Well, next week, he's coming over so I can offer him a cigar or two. And a tour of my humidor.

pnoon
06-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Don't forget to offer him www.cigarasylum.com. ;)

GreekGodX
Sounds like someone is going to get pushed down the slippery slope very soon!

nozero
Cool to rekindle a friendship, even cooler over cigars.
:tu

Footbag
06-23-2009, 08:51 AM

Come on... That's the first thing I suggested.

longknocker
06-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Come on... That's the first thing I suggested.

Awesome! Another Recruit!:tu:wo

skullnrose
06-23-2009, 10:02 AM
He's in for a crash course. Good for him sorry for his wallet.

Savor the Stick
06-23-2009, 10:10 AM
Very fun journey none the the less. :D:banger:wo:ss

kelmac07
06-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Adam...make sure you get your recruiters badge!!!! Kick him down that slope!!

WildBlueSooner
06-23-2009, 11:27 AM

If he knows whats best for him he will say "no thanks" :r

Skywalker
06-23-2009, 11:37 AM
Poor Bastage!!! Doesn't even see what's coming!!!:r

Dunkel
06-23-2009, 11:46 AM
I've got a friend who graduated from the same high school as me. He's one of those guys who just seems to hang around in the same circles, and I end up seeing him everywhere. He's a regular at my favorite bar, so we see him there frequently. We've also randomly seen him in distant places like camping in Maine or Vermont.

He had a lot of questions, and implied it was hard to be taken seriously as a newer smoker in a cigar shop. I gave him what little bit of info I could without giving him a tour of my humidor.

Well, next week, he's coming over so I can offer him a cigar or two. And a tour of my humidor.

Sounds like he's been stalking you for a while hoping for a tour of the humidor! :tu

Footbag
06-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Actually, I'm thinking I may not be smoking alone on my next camping trip. There's nothing like smoking on a camping trip.

JJG
06-23-2009, 03:14 PM
I've never heard about or seen my good friend Jay smoking cigars, but last week I gave him some tips for finding legit Cubans in Mexico, (and got him to pick me up a couple Fundadores :tu) Well, I never expected that a handful of (real) CCs would be so inspiring to him. Now that he's back, he wants to get together and learn everything he can about cigars, Cubans in general. I didn't think to send him a link to this place but I wouldn't be surprised if we have a new cigar nerd headed to the Asylum.

groogs
06-23-2009, 04:47 PM
I ran into a good friend from Highschool almost a year ago, and as we were talking we realized we lived about two miles from each other, and he suggested that I should come over and have a cigar. I was happy that I had ran into him and now had a smoking buddy that lived so close. I have been doing my best to push him head first down the slope ever since.

WildBlueSooner
06-23-2009, 04:49 PM
I ran into a good friend from Highschool almost a year ago, and as we were talking we realized we lived about two miles from each other, and he suggested that I should come over and have a cigar. I was happy that I had ran into him and now had a smoking buddy that lived so close. I have been doing my best to push him head first down the slope ever since.

Glad you are doing you duty. One of my best friends from college got stationed here with me...he has already expressed interest in getting a humi and doing some box splits w/ me:tu