PDA

View Full Version : Every time!

MajorCaptSilly
06-22-2009, 08:33 PM
Every time I think I can buy a couple boxes of the good stuff, something sucks my bank account dry! Nate's knee brace is gonne be around $800 or more and I had to put new tires on my car today for $400. Dang it!

MCS

chippewastud79
06-22-2009, 08:35 PM
That sounds like some fun things to spend some money on :bh

Nate can borrow one of my knee braces if he likes. I got 1 or 7 laying around. :tu

Old Sailor
06-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Ouch!! no pun intended

MajorCaptSilly
06-22-2009, 08:39 PM
That sounds like some fun things to spend some money on :bh

Nate can borrow one of my knee braces if he likes. I got 1 or 7 laying around. :tu

The funny thing is I'm getting it from my wife's place of business and getting a deep discount.

MCS

TripleF
06-22-2009, 08:40 PM
sumbich :mad:

Sorry bout that bro

jonharky
06-22-2009, 08:50 PM
That sucks I know about tires though I just realized my rear tires have a huge chunk taken out of them and the steel belt is showing. I was planning on buying some cigars :(

WildBlueSooner
06-22-2009, 08:53 PM
Sorry to hear that....things tend to happen like that. It will pass though, and you will get to spend the big bucks on some sticks :tu

qwerty1500
06-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Yup ... hate it when that happens. Around here lately it was a new storm door and that Austrian Pine tree that finally died and needed to come down.

GHC_Hambone
06-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Cest la vie! It always seems like stuff happens that way huh?

reggiebuckeye
06-22-2009, 09:13 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, Scott. Hope it gets better. That really sucks.

SeanGAR
06-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Can't you just make something with a roll of duct tape, a compass and a used tuna can?

Seriously man, McGuyver this thing out and buy the smokes.

troutbreath
06-23-2009, 04:49 AM
That stinks. Sorry to hear, MCS.

MajorCaptSilly
06-23-2009, 05:15 AM
Can't you just make something with a roll of duct tape, a compass and a used tuna can?

Seriously man, McGuyver this thing out and buy the smokes.

I already tried that. My son kept giving me the "you don't love me look" so I buckled under the pressure.

MCS

dccraft
06-23-2009, 05:22 AM
I already tried that. My son kept giving me the "you don't love me look" so I buckled under the pressure.

MCS

I hate that when the kids & the pets give you THAT look.:D

chippewastud79
06-23-2009, 07:22 AM
The funny thing is I'm getting it from my wife's place of business and getting a deep discount.

MCS

I was thinking $800 was pretty darn cheap. I have some braces that are worth more than some cars, thankfully my former employer had to pay for those. :tu

TheTraveler
06-23-2009, 07:32 AM
I hate to hear that MCS ... I know how you feel.

SeanGAR
06-23-2009, 09:09 AM

MCS

Please, please don't tell me you tried to go cheap and use a skipjack tuna can and no-name duct tape. This is a time when only an all white meat albacore tuna can and Duck brand tape will do.

Jcaprell
06-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Man I feel your pain (no pun intended). The same thing always happens to me. I get ready to make a big buy and.... BAM! Some bill or emergency smacks me in the face and I have to put off the buy. It will come around again though my friend, give it time. The right time to buy will come.

MajorCaptSilly
06-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Please, please don't tell me you tried to go cheap and use a skipjack tuna can and no-name duct tape. This is a time when only an all white meat albacore tuna can and Duck brand tape will do.

I was actually using some masking tape and a pedal off a bike somebody was throwing away. I had already used the masking tape but only once.

MCS

kydsid
06-23-2009, 12:21 PM
Would it make you feel any better if I told you that your four tires cost as much as one for my car?

If that doesn't work think of it this way. Treating your son well now is an investment for when it comes time for him to put you in a nursing home. :tu

Sr Mike
06-24-2009, 05:53 AM
I understand your frustrations completely.

Starscream
06-25-2009, 02:47 PM

MCS

Give him some cake and he'll still think you love him regardless. He does like cake, doesn't he?!?

JaKaacH
06-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Check this out...
Last Saturday I go to NAPA and get a new radiator for my Blazer...$165.00
Get it installed and Blazer running again. Then I see the new brake pads I bought for the Blazer a couple weeks earlier, but never got around to installing. So I figure since all the tools are out I might as well do the front brakes.... Rotors are bad (too thin). Another trip to NAPA for rotors...$61.30

What do I get in the mail today...???
Two coupons from NAPA, one for $20.00 off purchases over $100.00 and one for $10.00 off a $50.00 or more purchase....:mad::bh:fu2:c:fl

MajorCaptSilly
06-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Check this out...
Last Saturday I go to NAPA and get a new radiator for my Blazer...$165.00
Get it installed and Blazer running again. Then I see the new brake pads I bought for the Blazer a couple weeks earlier, but never got around to installing. So I figure since all the tools are out I might as well do the front brakes.... Rotors are bad (too thin). Another trip to NAPA for rotors...$61.30

What do I get in the mail today...???
Two coupons from NAPA, one for $20.00 off purchases over $100.00 and one for $10.00 off a $50.00 or more purchase....:mad::bh:fu2:c:fl

Dude! That stinks. Here's one for you: The AC went out in my car today! At least we have our health and a few cigars to smoke. I'll always have the memory of your fantastic cake bomb as well!

MCS

WyGuy
06-25-2009, 10:39 PM
Dude! That stinks. Here's one for you: The AC went out in my car today! At least we have our health and a few cigars to smoke. I'll always have the memory of your fantastic cake bomb as well!

MCS

I lost the A/C in my truck last week too! Drove all the way from Minnesota to Indiana without it, and have to head back on Saturday. I think it was in the high 80's the entire trip...hopefully it cools down before Saturday lol.

But to stay on topic the broken A/C will take a bit out of the cigar budget to say the least.