PDA

View Full Version : I think I have a problem....

BradNC
06-17-2009, 10:02 PM
I still consider myself somewhat new to the cigar experience. However, I think I have a problem due to the following:

1. I come to this site every day before I even check my email accounts for work and personal.

2. I check out the site during the day after making sure everyone else is working. :)

3. When shopping or looking at the prices of things, I compare it to the prices of cigars...like....I could buy a 5er of Tatuaje, La Riqueza, El triunfador, etc., for that much...

The only thing that is keeping me from going completely nuts is fighting off the urge to use anything but my 100ct desktop humi - it has been great for keeping my purchases "in check" so to speak.

I just wanted to share my illness....Hi, my name is Brad and I have a cigar problem.....

G G
06-17-2009, 10:05 PM
yes you do.:tu Go ahead and get bigger storage now.

MedicCook
06-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Who said it was a problem? The only problem is when you run out.

av8tor152d
06-17-2009, 10:10 PM
Allow me to give you a visual aid for your condition.

http://viper.haque.net/~timeless/blog/144/coyote-06.jpg

mrgto
06-17-2009, 10:12 PM
I feel your pain. I am in the process of talking my wife into letting me get something bigger so i can expand my collection! When you start looking at boxes at cbid(the devil), a desktop humi just doesnt cut it. I am thinking coolerdor so i can do it on the cheap and have plenty of room. Good luck with your illness, it only gets worse!!!

tuxpuff
06-17-2009, 10:15 PM
http://www.internetarmy.com/cigars/SuperStock_1525R-45533.jpg

markem
06-17-2009, 10:18 PM
talk to groogs about how to get a humidor from WA to Sacramento real quick :tu

BradNC
06-17-2009, 11:29 PM
you guys are killing me. Don't tell me EVERYONE falls.......

Waynegro1
06-17-2009, 11:31 PM
Trust me, Brad, get bigger storage. Why limit yourself to just 100 sticks. Hell, you could be wasting money on whores, drugs and booze, then you'd have a problem. ;)

BradNC
06-17-2009, 11:33 PM
could be?

Wolfgang
06-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Maybe you need to go eat Goverment cheese DOWN BY THE RIVER!

groogs
06-17-2009, 11:39 PM
talk to groogs about how to get a humidor from WA to Sacramento real quick :tu

Mark is not kidding, I make one post and the next thing I know there is a new end table humi at my door. the members here are some of the best people in the world.:tu And a big thanks to Mark for the long distance delivery.

And no you don't have a problem Brad, other than no having enough storage.:D

Dunkel
06-18-2009, 05:24 AM
I'm with ya Buddy. I have an argument inducing amount of stuff on bid at the devil site. I hope I get outbid on at least half of it. :bh

jerseystepup
06-18-2009, 05:38 AM
im predicting within the next week seeing you post an "advice on buying a new humi" thread! :) its a longgg slippery slope

kelmac07
06-18-2009, 05:39 AM
Brad...welcome to the club!!!!

BamBam
06-18-2009, 05:45 AM
Brad...welcome to the club!!!!

We have jackets :ss

bowhnter
06-18-2009, 05:51 AM
Hehehe...I am glad my wife like's purses and shoes! That way you don't feel so bad.
I had to run out and buy a humi quick off Craigs list just to house what's coming in the next few days.
When does it end?!

Good luck sir!

TheTraveler
06-18-2009, 06:04 AM
When does it end?!

When your kids inherit your massive humidor and cigar collection. :D

(and it doesn't really end then, the slope just claims one of your kids!)

tobii3
06-18-2009, 07:28 AM

Nah....sometimes we gotta give 'em a swift kick in the a$$ to get 'em rolling....:D

OLS
06-18-2009, 09:53 AM
The only thing that is keeping me from going completely nuts is fighting off the urge to use anything but my 100ct desktop humi - it has been great for keeping my purchases "in check" so to speak..
You may claim to be a newbie, but your wisdom is rock solid. Times are tough right now, and if you want to stay at a 100 ct, I think it is an excellent decision. At least that forces you to SMOKE your cigars. When you start buying 4-5 boxes at a time, you can't help but become a miser, looking at your stash several times a day, hoping you don't have a fire or a burglary.
Good man. As for what you do at work, how do you think my post count doubled in a month? And right now, the forums are kind of slow, and it is KILLING me. I have actually made 4 commercials this week.

poker
06-18-2009, 10:12 AM

There are around 2400 other members here that share your pain. :r

BradNC
06-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Thanks OLS. That gives me some hope rather than thinking I need to get a second job and some Vaseline to use to slicken up the slope so I don't get a rash. :)

lightning9191
06-18-2009, 10:25 AM
We have jackets :ss

Are they windbreakers like Surfstyle jackets? :r We would be so cool....

ahc4353
06-18-2009, 10:27 AM
And the problem is............:hm

LordOfWu
06-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Yes, everyone falls

It doesn't stop

Please keep your head and arms in the vehicle at all times, buckle up and enjoy the ride!

trader1974
06-18-2009, 11:20 AM
LOL, I feel your pain. I made my first box purchase last month, a box of JDN Antanos Gran Consuls. I told myself that I would just smoke those for awhile and that would hold me since they are my favorites. Since then, I have just happened to wander into a couple of cigar shops and picked up some new sticks that I just had to try at least once, like La Riqueza and LFD Double Ligero, oh yeah and a Tempus. I mean they were new items in these stores and I was lucky to happen across them, right? Oh and did I mention I'm getting ready to make a trip here any minute back to the local b&m? :ss

BlackDog
06-18-2009, 01:00 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/78/Ski_trail_rating_symbol-double_black_diamond.svg/600px-Ski_trail_rating_symbol-double_black_diamond.svg.png

Don Fernando
06-18-2009, 01:02 PM
I still consider myself somewhat new to the cigar experience. However, I think I have a problem due to the following:

1. I come to this site every day before I even check my email accounts for work and personal.

2. I check out the site during the day after making sure everyone else is working. :)

3. When shopping or looking at the prices of things, I compare it to the prices of cigars...like....I could buy a 5er of Tatuaje, La Riqueza, El triunfador, etc., for that much...

The only thing that is keeping me from going completely nuts is fighting off the urge to use anything but my 100ct desktop humi - it has been great for keeping my purchases "in check" so to speak.

I just wanted to share my illness....Hi, my name is Brad and I have a cigar problem.....

sounds to me like you are just like the rest of us.