The Poet
06-15-2009, 04:30 PM
I'm old school - I perk.

Emjaysmash
06-15-2009, 04:33 PM
one cup at a time...with a malita. LOL

GreekGodX
06-15-2009, 04:35 PM
French Press! Hard to drink coffee any other way...

JaKaacH
06-15-2009, 10:11 PM
French Press. Need to get a thermal carafe. Right now, after brewing, I pour the coffee in my free Gevalia drip maker pot to keep it hot. Too long on there and it loses the fresh brewed goodness...

tchariya
06-16-2009, 12:14 PM
3-cup mokapot over the gas stove w/hot milk. mmmmm

csbrewfisher
06-16-2009, 12:41 PM
I get out of bed after resetting the alarm four times. I stumble out to the kitchen, hoping my skivvies are on just in case I run into one of our four teenagers, a highly unlikely event, and the dogs are trying to trip me along the way. Unable to see, I retrieve the coffee pot and basket from the dishwasher, mostly by feel. Whole beans? Screw that, it's way to serious and I'm hardly awake. I try to count three scoops of Maxwell House into the Bunn dripper, fill it with water, then wait two minutes while I feed the spastic dogs and the two spastic bettas. Then I pour two cups of fresh coffee, the other for the stunning Mrs. Brew.

If I can make it just that far, I'm doing real good.

robofan
06-16-2009, 01:11 PM
Three cup moka pot, Nespresso Aeroccino to froth and heat milk and in ten minutes I have an outstanding cappuccino.

K Baz
06-16-2009, 01:13 PM
Let the super auto espresso machine do it for me.

If I am feeling like I don't have enough to due its either french press, moka pot, or the ever mystifying Mooka Pot

germantown rob
06-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Start every morning with a six cup moka pot followed shortly by another. :wo

ChicagoWhiteSox
06-16-2009, 03:31 PM
french press or moka pot:dance:

Mr B
06-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Bodum French Press

m69c44
06-16-2009, 06:58 PM
French Press on the weekends and fresh drip during week....

perogee
06-16-2009, 07:33 PM
aeropress :tu

ashmaster
06-17-2009, 08:20 AM
In the morning I'll use the french press or the Moccamaster, for the occasional afternoon cup I'll use the aeropress.

Fumes
06-17-2009, 11:20 PM
Depends on the bean. Delicate light roasts I'll brew in a french press or sometimes a pour over if I just want one cup. Middling beans I'll throw in the Capresso dripper. FC+ or espresso roasts I'll use the moka pot.

The dazzling Ethiopians -- Aricha, Beloya -- just shine in a french press or even a simple pourover. I've been roasting them in small batches and hiding them in the back of the cupboard so my wife doesn't put them in the drip machine. Is this so wrong?

Swampper
06-18-2009, 12:07 AM
Espresso!

Get up, fill the tank on the Oscar, usually about 2.5 cups of filtered water.

Turn on the machine, bleed off some steam after about 10 minutes.
Wait another 15, flush the portafilter, run the grinder, fill the basket, level, tamp, lock in. Steam a mug of water to boiling, takes about 20 seconds,
pull the shot, add to the mug, best cup of joe ever!

Knock the puck into the knock box, flush the filter, it's all ready to go for the next shot.

Most mornings I only drink one cup, make a roadie to take to work, and turn off the machine.

leafandale
07-08-2009, 09:26 PM
After years of spending way too much time getting coffee ready in the morning, I asked for, and received, a Keurig 1 cup coffee maker for Fathers Day. Holy crap, how easy can it get. A great cup of Joe in under 30 seconds. If I wanna spend all of a minute, I'll grind my own beans that I brought home from the B&M I own (we sell coffee, too), and use the washable filter for the Keurig.

kenstogie
07-16-2009, 12:39 PM
French Press myself but am interested in these other ways.

JakeTheSnake
07-24-2009, 11:20 PM
Drip on weekdays, french press when I am not feeling too lazy, or when the wife and I killed the pot, and just wan one more cup.

I really need a bigger press :(

klipsch
07-26-2009, 04:58 PM
I feel like a slacker with all of the coffee and espresso gear I have...I let the Cuisinart drip take care of the morning madness.

King James
07-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Roast w/ scco and brew with french press
Posted via Mobile Device

taltos
08-26-2009, 04:04 AM
Keurig B77.

Demented
08-28-2009, 02:07 PM
Put the whistler (glass) kettle filled to the 8 cup mark with filtered water on the back (low BTU) burner over high heat.

Fill a 12 Tasse French press with hot (125° F) water from the tap.

Weigh 35 grams of fresh roasted coffee, grind it in a burr grinder to medium coarse.

When the kettle starts making noise, the water's 180° to 185° F, it's time empty and dry the beaker, and add the ground coffee to it.

At the first sign of bubbles in the kettle, the water's 195° to 200° F, it's time to pour and set the timers, one for 2 minutes and one for 5.

With cup and French press in hand I head for my desk, put tobacco in a pipe or clip the end off a cigar.

When the first timer sounds... while holding the lid with one hand, move the plunger up and down with the other to agitate the grounds, this gets most of the grounds to sink and provides better extraction.

Light the pipe or cigar, and when the second timer sounds, slowly press the plunger to the bottom of the beaker and pour a cup.

Can't say exactly how long this takes, but the waters usually ready to pour just about the time I've added the grounds to the beaker.

And the coffee... Just in time to enjoy with that first smoke of the day.

D.

King James
08-28-2009, 02:20 PM
was recently introduced to brewing with a Vac Pot. Man what a completely different taste than french press. I local guy from GCBC sells them so will probably pick one up! :tu

Fumes
08-29-2009, 12:10 PM
I've been using the "Clever Coffee Dripper" from SM -- a nice way to brew a cup that is more concentrated than regular drip coffee but without the sediment left by a French press.