PDA

View Full Version : Its all over

big a
06-11-2009, 09:35 PM
Yep, I joined Cbid....... :bh I know some of the deals arn't that good but its just too much fun. Plus why not bid on 5ers that are only a couple bucks. Anyone that is not on there stay far far away.

I'll let you know when my car is up for sale :r

Col. Kurtz
06-11-2009, 09:37 PM
Yup, good deals sometimes. Hard not to get carried away...

Waynegro1
06-11-2009, 09:42 PM
Been there done that , my friend. I got out while the gettin' was good. Good luck finding deals and keeping money in your account. :D

Tazziedevil
06-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Sometimes it's good to not be able to use cbid...
Posted via Mobile Device

groogs
06-11-2009, 11:54 PM
Been there done that , my friend. I got out while the gettin' was good. Good luck finding deals and keeping money in your account. :D

:tpd: I was barley able to break the habbit. I still look for deals there, but have not ordered anything from CBid in over six months.

DougBushBC
06-12-2009, 04:50 AM
:tpd: I was barley able to break the habbit. I still look for deals there, but have not ordered anything from CBid in over six months.

You are a better man than I sir.

got the friggin shakes cause I haven't ordered in a week

Catfish
06-12-2009, 06:01 AM
The Devil site ships to me weekly. Not big orders. I'm smart and i'm a cheap bastard. I won't bid unless it's a smokin good deal. Anyone who will pay for something from CBid that is anywhere near the price of a B&M is not taking advantage of the utility of CBid, IMPO. Shipping costs alone can make a winning bid cost more than a local B&M. I won't bid on something if it's any more than about 75% the cost of retail. My goal is no more than 50% though. They are out there, ya just gotta be patient.

And i'm a sniper. Yeah I know. It aint real cool but it is what it is. You go there for deals, not to make friends.

dubnick
06-12-2009, 06:35 AM
My name is Lane... and I have a problem :r

taltos
06-12-2009, 06:45 AM
Luckily I don't enjoy auctions so the devil site has never gotten its hooks into me.

marge796
06-12-2009, 07:01 AM
Love C-Bid

:ss

Chris.....

SmokinApe
06-12-2009, 07:03 AM
RIP

Footbag
06-12-2009, 07:30 AM
I had to give up on CBID. I'm just too competitive to get any good deals.

lightning9191
06-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Don't forget to use chimp (http://www.c-h-i-m-p.com/)

Tio Gato
06-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Remember that a lot of the same cigars are offered continuously. So be patient and wait for a great deal. Be sure to watch the merchandise section too. I've gotten lots of great gifts for cigar smoking friends really cheap. There are some good reviews and photos in the forum section.
Just beware that if you're looking at work, there are some girly pics there. Not nude, but probably NSFW, or appropriate anyway.

Better head to the WalMart for some big plastic tubs, you're gonna need 'em.:D

csbrewfisher
06-12-2009, 10:43 AM
Unfortulately, I've won 35 sticks in the last 3 weeks. Joe's Jambalaya has done much more damage to my humi space though. 50 sticks in the same amount of time.

big a
06-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Remember that a lot of the same cigars are offered continuously. So be patient and wait for a great deal. Be sure to watch the merchandise section too. I've gotten lots of great gifts for cigar smoking friends really cheap. There are some good reviews and photos in the forum section.
Just beware that if you're looking at work, there are some girly pics there. Not nude, but probably NSFW, or appropriate anyway.

Better head to the WalMart for some big plastic tubs, you're gonna need 'em.:D

I guess its good i got the vino when i did :ss I am a cheap too so after this first order to get it out of my system i will relax and sit around and wait for the deals. Already made some "rookie" mistakes but ya live and learn.

Random Guy
06-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Don't forget to use chimp (http://www.c-h-i-m-p.com/)

Awesome!!!! This newbie definitely thanks you! :tu

akakirby
06-12-2009, 06:52 PM
I think i am in trouble too i just won my first auction for a fiver of 601

big a
06-13-2009, 03:19 AM
I think i am in trouble too i just won my first auction for a fiver of 601

I have won 4 and still have one left to go... Damn this slope

jerseystepup
06-13-2009, 05:02 AM
last night i won 2 fivers of 5 vegas miami toros for $13 each... not baddd
the best is when you see people bidding well over retail.. but whatever

oh yea... your screwed!

Ahbroody
06-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Have not used the site in about a year now. I got stuck on the CC slope and with limited funds I tend to save up to buying something else.

I will say Cbid is dangerous cause it combines cigars and the competitive nature of winning. When I was using Cbid there were many times I ordered cigars I did not need or even want because it was a deal. Damn now I feel like perusing the site.

jlaker
06-15-2009, 04:46 AM
Have not used the site in about a year now. I got stuck on the CC slope and with limited funds I tend to save up to buying something else.

I will say Cbid is dangerous cause it combines cigars and the competitive nature of winning. When I was using Cbid there were many times I ordered cigars I did not need or even want because it was a deal. Damn now I feel like perusing the site.

My thoughts exactly. So much so, that I looked yesterday for a while. Now, I have wone two small lots and am winning 4 or 5 more. I kind of hope I get outbid! Oh well, damn you all for this thread!

jbo57
06-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Luckily I don't enjoy auctions so the devil site has never gotten its hooks into me.

I can relate. Although I don't like snipers :D . I don't have access at night when the auctions close and so snipers tend to shoot ME. :)

I've found that the autobid feature is your friend. Decide how much you would spend, and then autobid that amount and don't check it until the auction is over. :)

Dunkel
06-15-2009, 12:47 PM
I like C-bid. I've won several lots and got everyone for less than catalog prices. It gives me a chance to try varieties I'd never pay catalog prices for. I can see how it could become addictive though.

BUCASmoker
06-15-2009, 02:20 PM
I've already listed my future first and second born child on ebay thanks to that site

VTDragon
06-15-2009, 02:50 PM
I've found that the autobid feature is your friend. Decide how much you would spend, and then autobid that amount and don't check it until the auction is over. :)
:tpd: That is the ONLY way I have been able to use it. Also, ignore those e-mails they send you saying you've been outbid. You already decided how much you were going to spend so just bid next time that cigar comes up. They all come around again and again.

jbo57
06-16-2009, 02:27 PM
:tpd: That is the ONLY way I have been able to use it. Also, ignore those e-mails they send you saying you've been outbid. You already decided how much you were going to spend so just bid next time that cigar comes up. They all come around again and again.

They don't send me emails telling me I've been outbid. I must have clicked the right button when I signed up. ;)

blooz4u
06-16-2009, 02:32 PM
Man, I spent hours and hours on Cbid when I first started. Nowadays, I rarely get on there.

I prefer to my trading and purchasing from fellow BOTL's!

big a
06-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Man, I spent hours and hours on Cbid when I first started. Nowadays, I rarely get on there.

I prefer to my trading and purchasing from fellow BOTL's!

Yes as if some of the deals BOTLs post up on here isn't bad enough. I had to be good since i am moving out and I only won 4 of the 10 lots i bid on. But the 4 did enough damage.

blooz4u
06-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Yes as if some of the deals BOTLs post up on here isn't bad enough. I had to be good since i am moving out and I only won 4 of the 10 lots i bid on. But the 4 did enough damage.

I know the feeling. There is never enough money for cigar purchases!!

mikey burr
06-16-2009, 03:19 PM
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h186/mikeyburr/cbid01.jpg

DonalGraeme
06-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Anyone who will pay for something from CBid that is anywhere near the price of a B&M is not taking advantage of the utility of CBid, IMPO. Shipping costs alone can make a winning bid cost more than a local B&M.

I have a newbie question - apologies if this was in a stickie and I missed it, I've been trying to go through those first.

So ... what is a B&M?

Mike

pnoon
06-16-2009, 09:34 PM
I have a newbie question - apologies if this was in a stickie and I missed it, I've been trying to go through those first.

So ... what is a B&M?

Mike
Brick & Mortar. A term for a store front. As opposed to an online company.

DonalGraeme
06-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Brick & Mortar. A term for a store front. As opposed to an online company.

OK, makes sense, thanks for that!

Mike