PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy Illusiones 68?

aerochris
06-10-2009, 02:39 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a good suggestion on where to pick up a 5er or so of Illusione 68's on the cheap? I know New Havana Cigars has them in stock. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Chris

Bruzee
06-10-2009, 02:50 PM
PM inbound!

Boomer
06-10-2009, 03:02 PM
PM inbound!

You and I talked of this a while back. The same place still good?

coach
06-10-2009, 03:04 PM
pm sent

darkninja67
06-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Can someone hit me up with a PM. I am looking for the 88s cheap or fairly cheap. TIA

tuxpuff
06-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Can someone hit me up with a PM. I am looking for the 88s cheap or fairly cheap. TIA

Same here :ss

GreekGodX
06-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Can someone share the love with me too??

Bruzee
06-10-2009, 04:26 PM
You and I talked of this a while back. The same place still good?

Yes!!

Bruzee
06-10-2009, 04:28 PM

Can someone share the love with me too??

PM's sent! :tu

tuxpuff
06-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Can you please hit me with a PM also Bruzee? Thanks!

Bruzee
06-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Can you please hit me with a PM also Bruzee? Thanks!

Sent! :tu

nozero
06-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Uno mas por favor?

dunng
06-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Eric at the Party Source? :tu

groogs
06-10-2009, 05:37 PM

:tpd: Best price I ever got on Illusiones.

Ratters
06-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Is Eric still there? He was supposed to order some smokes for me but then never got back to me or returned my emails? I figured he'd left in the meantime.

And does anyone know where to get the Cruzados on the cheap? :ss

dunng
06-10-2009, 05:41 PM
He was out today and I think he is on vacation next week... :tu

Bruzee
06-10-2009, 06:22 PM

Yes sir!

:tpd: Best price I ever got on Illusiones.

:tpd: $113.00 on a box of 88's!! :D

darkninja67
06-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Holy poop that is a sweet price.

Thanks dude.

aerochris
06-11-2009, 12:06 PM
Order Placed!! Thank you for all the help!

coach
06-11-2009, 06:19 PM
if anyone is still interested and wants Ilusiones..with IMMEDIATE SHIPPING.....

pm me and I'll fwd the details.

Randy

ps i spoke with Fumare and they told me whom to call.

acarr
06-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Just out of blind curiosity, why is this such a hush hush secret not to be mentioned where people are getting these in the open forum? This isn't some new Cuban cigar is it? By the way can someone PM me the source:D

coach
06-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Just out of blind curiosity, why is this such a hush hush secret not to be mentioned where people are getting these in the open forum? This isn't some new Cuban cigar is it? By the way can someone PM me the source:D

not a secret but i wanted to make sure that the 2 shops had stock,unlike others who say they do but don't........ I am waiting a pm from a shop that has a very good supply along with some Cruzados...pricing was set by Dion @ Ilussione Cigar Company.....shops cannot undercut his pricing or risk being cut lose.

imthegoal
06-11-2009, 07:18 PM
Give Russell at Top Shelf cigar a call. His online shop isnt really anywhere near indicitive of what he has in the shop but the shops contact info is on this link. I know he has 88, cg:4, 4/2 g, and eccj, he is supposed to be getting in mj 12s on monday. He also has Dantes and Marels Cruzados in stock.

http://cheapskatecigars.com/

coach
06-11-2009, 07:23 PM
i am awaiting a pm from my friends shop in ID. As soon as I get it I will post the info. Again an FYI, Illusione have a SET PRICE from the manufacturer...don't believe everything you read...........unless they really don't want to carry the product anymore......

i do know that he will sell boxes or 5 packs, has a good supply of the line include the culebras, and has some Cruzados. His min that he would sell is a 5pk.

colimo
06-11-2009, 07:31 PM
have heard of these but haven't tried....are they that good??

68TriShield
06-12-2009, 05:40 AM
have heard of these but haven't tried....are they that good??

illusiones in general are outstanding cigars imo.

kaisersozei
06-12-2009, 12:21 PM

:tpd: And the ~68~ is my favorite vitola of the line. But that's just me.

coach
06-12-2009, 02:55 PM
i am awaiting a pm from my friends shop in ID. As soon as I get it I will post the info. Again an FYI, Illusione have a SET PRICE from the manufacturer...don't believe everything you read...........unless they really don't want to carry the product anymore......

i do know that he will sell boxes or 5 packs, has a good supply of the line include the culebras, and has some Cruzados. His min that he would sell is a 5pk.

here's his list- MSRP set by Dion[owner of FUMARE Tobacco Shop and Illusione Cigars], FREE SHIPPING. pm me if you want the shop info.

23 66
68 151.25
mj12 174
mk 185
cg4 195
88 195
f9 200
888 217.5
2 223.75
1 246.75
hl 233.75
4/2g 241.25

cruzados

avalitos 159
dantes 172
domencios 176
elitas 179
marelas 179
marios 199

epreney 5ers only

le petite 33.25
le elegence 39.5
le ferme 42.50
le grande 45

chippewastud79
06-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Try The Party Source for the best prices I can find :tu

Mugen910
06-12-2009, 04:11 PM
Try The Party Source for the best prices I can find :tu

:tpd:

Eric has the best customer service..

chippewastud79
06-12-2009, 04:48 PM

:tpd: He and Micah rock, can't believe their prices continue to be below everyone else out there too :banger

Mugen910
06-12-2009, 05:02 PM

:tpd: He and Micah rock, can't believe their prices continue to be below everyone else out there too :banger

:tpd: I still brag about how great the prices are...

chippewastud79
06-12-2009, 05:09 PM
:tpd: I still brag about how great the prices are...

I live it, everytime I go in there it seems I leave with something :bh

sofaman
06-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Yes sir!

:tpd: $113.00 on a box of 88's!! :D

I just called and they wanted $138.00 for a box of 68,s :confused:

Cam someone PM me with the best place to get them :)

chippewastud79
06-19-2009, 04:18 PM
Can someone PM me with the best place to get them :)

I think you see the posts about The Party Source above these. :tu

sofaman
06-19-2009, 04:20 PM
I think you see the posts about The Party Source above these. :tu

Thats who I called :confused:

chippewastud79
06-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Thats who I called :confused:

I couldn't get Micah or Eric. Not sure who you spoke with, but their prices will likely beat anyone else I can find. Atleast thats my experience. :tu

aerochris
06-20-2009, 09:36 AM
They raised all of their Illusione prices last week. :-(

vankleekkw
06-20-2009, 09:41 AM
I got mine before SCHIP for $100 even on the 68's. I'll check my local and see what their price is. They ship and give discounts on box purchases.

Prozac_Puros
06-20-2009, 09:54 AM
I get my Illusiones and Tatuajes from Dan at newhavanacigars.com

sofaman
06-20-2009, 12:24 PM
I got mine before SCHIP for $100 even on the 68's. I'll check my local and see what their price is. They ship and give discounts on box purchases.

Thanks Kris :)

vankleekkw
06-20-2009, 01:01 PM
I'm not telling you as I think that July is your month on the Birthday pass and now I have some ammo to throw.

sofaman
06-20-2009, 05:15 PM
I'm not telling you as I think that July is your month on the Birthday pass and now I have some ammo to throw.

I fell right into that one :r:r:r

BamBam
06-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Alright curiosity has got the best of me. Can someone PM me the secret Illusione source. Thanks :tu

Eric @ The Party
06-21-2009, 09:51 AM
I would like to thank all of you for the kind words. I am sad to say that I was not complient with minimum advertised price on Illusione Cigars. Someone policing your forums figured this out and brought it to my attention because someone posted my price in open forum. I now have Illusione cigars for suggested retail price.

Thanks

Eric Brown
Associate Store Manager
The Party Source.

rizzle
06-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Loose lips...

The Saint
06-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Loose lips...

Saddly. Remember guys, PM's are your friend.

elderboy02
06-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Nice job :c :fl :bh

mcmoyer
06-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Loose lips...

Amen....

bigloo
06-21-2009, 03:30 PM
We should have a sticky or forum rule about this. I have ordered from Eric and other great BOTL here who gave awesome deals. This is not the 1st time I have seen this either do to manufacturers/distributors getting wind. Whats worse is now you know how ridiculous the mark-ups on cigars can be.

Drazzil
06-21-2009, 05:00 PM
Yeah. Now we are all f'ed with the retail price because someone couldn't keep their big gob shut, and I am just pissed because I was going to order from that source today, but I see the message. Well. If anyone knows another place can someone PM me?

Drazzil
06-21-2009, 05:28 PM
Seriously folks. I didn't mean to be angry in the original post but there is a huge difference between the original price and retail because of people not keeping a modricum of simple discretion. I am going to have to buy Illusiones at retail now if I want to buy a box. I was literally going to buy a box TODAY but I cant now because some earlier posters shot off at the mouth. Seriously, that REALLY stings folks. I cant have my box of 88's because the price is now beyond me.

chippewastud79
06-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Its too bad that someone had to post prices in an open forum and has consequently changed the price for everyone. It is also too bad that someone had to be a whistle blower just because The Party Source was passing great deals onto their customers and they felt that was a problem. Eric has great deals and all you have to do is call, but sadly I feel like it has now changed because of a select few :bh

bigloo
06-21-2009, 05:49 PM
The idea of minimum advertised price sucks. If a retailer wants to run his business with less margin and higher volume, he should be allowed too. Anyway, not the forum or place for this argument. Eric is a still a great BOTL with great pricing who has earned our business like the other great retailers who join us on these boards.

Drazzil
06-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Well, if anyone knows anyone else *read someone who isin't now forced to sell at retail* can you give me a PM? Thanks.

elderboy02
06-21-2009, 06:08 PM
Illusione just lost all of my business b/c there are better cigars out there for cheaper than Dion's "awesome" price. When I could get them cheaper, I could justify the purchase. I am not going to pay some ridiculous inflated price.

chippewastud79
06-21-2009, 06:13 PM
Illusione just lost all of my business. I won't buy Dion's cigars anymore. I am not going to pay some ridiculous inflated price.

I would be more upset with the people who couldn't compete with the price and thusly called Illusione on it. :mad:

elderboy02
06-21-2009, 06:16 PM
I would be more upset with the people who couldn't compete with the price and thusly called Illusione on it. :mad:

Yep, I wish I knew who it was b/c they wouldn't see another dime of my money. I have my suspicions who it is b/c on other boards they have done the same. They are happy as hell making a zillion dollars on a box of cigars. That is not the BOTL spirit.

GreekGodX
06-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Yep, I wish I knew who it was b/c they wouldn't see another dime of my money. I have my suspicions who it is b/c on other boards they have done the same. They are happy as hell making a zillion dollars on a box of cigars. That is not the BOTL spirit.

Searching for info on a retailer, I stumbled across another forum that a retailer was ratting out other retailers for pricing. It is wrong in many ways. I understand why retailers would not want other retailers selling at lower prices but they should not be reporting them to the cigar manufacturer. The retailer that rats out other retailers will no doubt lose all our business, and we will tell other BOTL/SOTL's not to purchase from them either. If a great retailer ie Party Source understands how the cigar community works and rewards us with a great price that should be the retailer's decision. It blows that a competitor would rat out a fellow retailer and ruin it for the consumer. I hope whoever did it is not part of the boards on CA...

chippewastud79
06-21-2009, 06:58 PM
I hope whoever did it is not part of the boards on CA...

Sadly, I feel that it was a member here who did this. :(

VirtualSmitty
06-21-2009, 07:40 PM
I understand why retailers would not want other retailers selling at lower prices but they should not be reporting them to the cigar manufacturer. The retailer that rats out other retailers will no doubt lose all our business, and we will tell other BOTL/SOTL's not to purchase from them either.

I recall Famous blowing the whistle on a small vendor who was undercutting Davidoff prices not that long ago. Not that I really care much, but just to play devil's advocate, why is it wrong for retailers to report other retailers who are breaking their agreements with the manufacturer? Unless i'm mistaken, many high end NCs such as Tat, Illusione, Davidoff, etc will only allow a vendor to sell their product at a certain rate. If they sell below the rates given they lose their account. How is it fare how to the B&Ms that follow the rules that carry these products to sit by and watch others break these agreements?

GreekGodX
06-21-2009, 07:48 PM
How is it fare how to the B&Ms that follow the rules that carry these products to sit by and watch others break these agreements?

Business when it comes down to it is all about the customer. Cheapest prices for a particular cigar produces a loyal, lifetime buyer. If I know a retailer gives me the best price on a favorite smoke I will buy from him always, and I will also go there for any of my other purchases. So even though those other cigars may not be the lowest price, they get my money because they took care of me on another purchase.

Business is Business. You are going to see undercutting and other tactics in any business. What isn't fair is we have to pay premium prices created by the manufacturer. Who probably didn't incur any premium costs to produce the cigar.

Bruzee
06-21-2009, 07:57 PM
I don't think it would take a genius to figure out that I am one of the BOTLs that posted a price for Illusione at The Party Source on this forum. I take complete and full responsibility for my post and the repercussions from it. It you choose to do so, place the blame on me for the recent price hike at The Party Source, and the fall out that has followed.

When I made the post, I was clueless as to what the minimum retails price was for Illusione, and just as clueless that The Party Source had them below this number. Although some common sense probably should have told me to keep it quite, for some reason it did not occur to me until much to late. I did it in a supporting and helpful manner for other BOTL here, and I thought I was trafficking some business for Eric at the same time. There was absolutely zero malice or intent to create any problems with Eric and Illusione. It should go without saying that I was not involved in "ratting" The Party Source out, nor do I have any idea who did.

Although I do take the responsibility for what I posted, I am just as effected as the rest of the inmates around here. Illusione is my favorite cigar, and I enjoyed the prices Eric offered just as much as everyone else. However, I do take some offense to some of the follow up posts damning those who couldn't control their "loose lips" or shut their "big mouths". But having said that, I realize people are angry, and with good cause. I would never treat someone that way here. I respect and love this place way too much to do so.

Lastly, I offer a sincere and humble apology to all of the BOTLs that are effected by this. I personally also made my apologies to Eric, and hope that he accepts.

Sincerely,

Bruzee

GreekGodX
06-21-2009, 08:18 PM
No big deal Bruzee.. People should now understand why all the talk was kept to PM's.

VirtualSmitty
06-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Business is Business. You are going to see undercutting and other tactics in any business. What isn't fair is we have to pay premium prices created by the manufacturer. Who probably didn't incur any premium costs to produce the cigar.

Trust me, I know this. I've worked around retail before. I just don't get your argument over how it isn't fair. How is it fair to the retailers? They agreed to sell the cigars at a certain price point in order to have them on the shelves. Party Box undercut, got caught, and had to adjust accordingly. While I applaud Bruzee over his apology, I see no need as the only wrongdoing comes from the The Party Box for violating their agreement with Illusione. If it burns your @ss to pay those kind of prices don't buy Tats, Illusiones, Davidoffs, Diamond Crowns, Padrons, etc.

kelmac07
06-21-2009, 08:21 PM
Group hug????

VirtualSmitty
06-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Group hug????

Nah, i'm just making conversation. Like I said earlier, I don't really care. I've only ever smoked one Illusione lol.

And besides, no one wants a hug from me. All the old timers know I bite :D

chippewastud79
06-21-2009, 08:29 PM
How is it fair to the B&Ms that follow the rules that carry these products to sit by and watch others break these agreements?

There are companies that undercut the prices on different cigars everywhere. Cigarbid and cigarsinternational list millions of cigars that get sold at far below MSRP, how are B+M's supposed to compete with companies that can mail you a box at half the price? For example: How does the corner smoke shop compete with C-bid on the price of Gurkhas? :rolleyes:

In my opinion, the problem is the manufacturers establishing these MSRP's. The product has been bought and paid for by the B+M's or internet retailers. The manufacturer got their money, they sold their box. How come a retailer can't decide what they want to make as a profit on a box? Its just a shame to think that the makers of some of these brands over-value their product so much and demand for retailers to sell their product for $X.XX or lose the ability to sell them, no matter how much of their product they move in a month. :bh

GreekGodX
06-21-2009, 08:31 PM
Trust me, I know this. I've worked around retail before. I just don't get your argument over how it isn't fair. How is it fair to the retailers? They agreed to sell the cigars at a certain price point in order to have them on the shelves. Party Box undercut, got caught, and had to adjust accordingly. While I applaud Bruzee over his apology, I see no need as the only wrongdoing comes from the The Party Box for violating their agreement with Illusione. If it burns your @ss to pay those kind of prices don't buy Tats, Illusiones, Davidoffs, Diamond Crowns, Padrons, etc.

Essentially Party Source was playing Robin Hood. And I'm very thankful for that considering I don't have the big bucks to spend on cigars. The point of all this is that we were getting a deal and now we cannot anymore. The market should set the price not the manufacturer. It's not fair to the retailer because they should be able to sell more volume instead of making more per box sale if they choose.

GreekGodX
06-21-2009, 08:32 PM
There are companies that undercut the prices on different cigars everywhere. Cigarbid and cigarsinternational list millions of cigars that get sold at far below MSRP, how are B+M's supposed to compete with companies that can mail you a box at half the price? For example: How does the corner smoke shop compete with C-bid on the price of Gurkhas? :rolleyes:

In my opinion, the problem is the manufacturers establishing these MSRP's. The product has been bought and paid for by the B+M's or internet retailers. The manufacturer got their money, they sold their box. How come a retailer can't decide what they want to make as a profit on a box? Its just a shame to think that the makers of some of these brands over-value their product so much and demand for retailers to sell their product for $X.XX or lose the ability to sell them, no matter how much of their product they move in a month. :bh

:tpd: well said

VirtualSmitty
06-21-2009, 08:38 PM

I don't disagree with you at all. In fact I couldn't agree more with. I think it's BS too, but it's not like it's uncommon in the cigar world. I'm just looking at it from the side of the retailer. How is it wrong if a place like Tower or New Havana Cigars that sells Tats or Illusiones at MSRP like they agreed to report a vendor that isn't following the terms of their contract? It doesn't seem like a shady move to me.

How often do you see Tats, Illusiones, or Davidoffs sell for half price? I haven't bought a box of NCs in over two years, but I can tell you I never saw deep half price sales on any of them (except Illusiones, they weren't even around then lol). Everybody knows Ghurkas are a joke, i've never seen them for sale outside of CS/Cbid.

Again, just playing devils advocate, making some evening conversation :)

elderboy02
06-21-2009, 08:52 PM

Well said sir! Rep coming at you.

GreekGodX
06-21-2009, 08:55 PM
I don't disagree with you at all. In fact I couldn't agree more with. I think it's BS too, but it's not like it's uncommon in the cigar world. I'm just looking at it from the side of the retailer. How is it wrong if a place like Tower or New Havana Cigars that sells Tats or Illusiones at MSRP like they agreed to report a vendor that isn't following the terms of their contract? It doesn't seem like a shady move to me.

How often do you see Tats, Illusiones, or Davidoffs sell for half price? I haven't bought a box of NCs in over two years, but I can tell you I never saw deep half price sales on any of them (except Illusiones, they weren't even around then lol). Everybody knows Ghurkas are a joke, i've never seen them for sale outside of CS/Cbid.

Again, just playing devils advocate, making some evening conversation :)

It's a shady move because each retailer should worry about themselves. Don't go sticking your nose around in other peoples business. Let the manufacturer worry about it. CI/Cbid definitely make it difficult for a B&M to sell cigars. The lazy consumer doesn't care if a B&M goes under, they just care about the price. Once a retailer buys cigars for the manufacturer they should be able to price it as they please. It would be great if we could see those cigars at half off occasionally. It is a shame for a B&M to have to sit on inventory b/c 1. Nobody wants it 2. They cannot discount it. The more they sit on stuff the longer it will take them to get the new stuff.

This all in good nature :tu Love going back and forth on the matter, and appreciate each side.

VirtualSmitty
06-21-2009, 09:08 PM
It's a shady move because each retailer should worry about themselves. Don't go sticking your nose around in other peoples business. Let the manufacturer worry about it.

Let's say both of us own competing b&ms. We both stock Illusione because it's hot right now and people are looking for it. One day a regular customer of mine stops in and informs me that GreekGodX is selling the same cigars for half of what i'm charging. I call my rep and ask what's up, is that me being shady or is that me protecting my business?

yourchoice
06-21-2009, 09:18 PM
It's a shady move because each retailer should worry about themselves. Don't go sticking your nose around in other peoples business. Let the manufacturer worry about it.

I'm a firm believer that the market should set the price, and frown on the practice of the manufacturers setting minimum prices, but I would consider that a retailer is looking out for themselves by reporting other retailers if they're not selling at the agreed price. The other retailers may be losing some of their market share if they can't (within the terms of the contract) compete with their competitors. :2

IMHO Illusione is more to blame for something like this than the retailer who reports the other retailer....they're just looking out for themselves.

EDIT: I apparently take a lot longer to type than Smitty! lol

bigloo
06-21-2009, 09:28 PM
A couple of things:

1) Retailers should be allowed to gain business to survive. Selling the same $10 cigar in NY City and Middle-of-Nowhere Town is not fair. the manufacturer gets the same price regardless. The retailers should not have the menufacturers dictate how they do business, it is bully tactics. For example, if a retailer wants to clear his inventory because it is not moving, he should be allowed to at any price he choses.

2) That being said, the small retailers will be bullied. They are also the same retailers who come on here to help out BOTLS by offering excellent prices and in doing so, gain some very valuable business (people on this board are the holy-grail of cigar customers, high volume, regular and high quality purchases).

3) So, to maintain this, we should protect these retailers by keeping info private, PM is our friend. We have a couple of these retailers here, those who pay attention know who they are, those who dont read the retailer threads and figure out the rest.

4) I wish we had more of these retailers:)

VirtualSmitty
06-21-2009, 09:41 PM
A couple of things:

1) Retailers should be allowed to gain business to survive. Selling the same $10 cigar in NY City and Middle-of-Nowhere Town is not fair.

Why not? For arguments sake, let's say i'm Pete Johnson. My Tatuaje cigars are the talk of the town right now and I want people to think of them as a super premium cigar along the likes of Davidoff. So to maintain that image I set price limitations for what retailers can charge. If they don't like it they don't have to buy it. I don't want people buying brown label tats for half price, if they want something cheaper I want them buying the white label tats. How is it fair if I allow a small shop to undercharge for my product when I have large volume accounts that play by the rules? Isn't that unfair to the people giving me the most business?

bigloo
06-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Why not? For arguments sake, let's say i'm Pete Johnson. My Tatuaje cigars are the talk of the town right now and I want people to think of them as a super premium cigar along the likes of Davidoff. So to maintain that image I set price limitations for what retailers can charge. If they don't like it they don't have to buy it. I don't want people buying brown label tats for half price, if they want something cheaper I want them buying the white label tats. How is it fair if I allow a small shop to undercharge for my product when I have large volume accounts that play by the rules? Isn't that unfair to the people giving me the most business?

Smitty, I understand were you are coming from. I think the argument I have is the non-advertised price. You cannot sell the same level or luxury good in NYC as you can in other parts of the country. So it is one thing to have a MAP, but retailers should be allowed to sell at a level they can survive. Thats my main point.

elderboy02
06-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Smitty, I understand were you are coming from. I think the argument I have is the non-advertised price. You cannot sell the same level or luxury good in NYC as you can in other parts of the country. So it is one thing to have a MAP, but retailers should be allowed to sell at a level they can survive. Thats my main point.

Exactly. I read in an interview somewhere where Pete Johnson said something like, If a retailer wants to sell his cigars to someone cheaper in the store, he didn't care as long as they advertised the high price online.

shadow king
06-21-2009, 11:27 PM
I don't think it would take a genius to figure out that I am one of the BOTLs that posted a price for Illusione at The Party Source on this forum. I take complete and full responsibility for my post and the repercussions from it. It you choose to do so, place the blame on me for the recent price hike at The Party Source, and the fall out that has followed.

When I made the post, I was clueless as to what the minimum retails price was for Illusione, and just as clueless that The Party Source had them below this number. Although some common sense probably should have told me to keep it quite, for some reason it did not occur to me until much to late. I did it in a supporting and helpful manner for other BOTL here, and I thought I was trafficking some business for Eric at the same time. There was absolutely zero malice or intent to create any problems with Eric and Illusione. It should go without saying that I was not involved in "ratting" The Party Source out, nor do I have any idea who did.

Although I do take the responsibility for what I posted, I am just as effected as the rest of the inmates around here. Illusione is my favorite cigar, and I enjoyed the prices Eric offered just as much as everyone else. However, I do take some offense to some of the follow up posts damning those who couldn't control their "loose lips" or shut their "big mouths". But having said that, I realize people are angry, and with good cause. I would never treat someone that way here. I respect and love this place way too much to do so.

Lastly, I offer a sincere and humble apology to all of the BOTLs that are effected by this. I personally also made my apologies to Eric, and hope that he accepts.

Sincerely,

Bruzee

The road to hell is paved with good intentions. We've all done things like this before, no worries...

mcmoyer
06-22-2009, 04:01 AM

Dion is a member here and can read as well as the rest of us...why assume someone called him on it?

:confused:

chippewastud79
06-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Dion is a member here and can read as well as the rest of us...why assume someone called him on it?

:confused:

Just an educated guess I suppose, based on some of the conversation earlier in the thread, in PM's and conversation with members outside of CA. :hm

GreekGodX
06-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Retailers should do what is in the best interest to them, and that is make their customer happy. Advertise the MSRP but if you decide you want to let some B/SOTL's buy at a lesser price that is fine IMO. The manufacturer gets his money up front, it is the B&M that has to deal with selling it to get profit. Why sell a cigar that isn't popular anymore at the same price when you know you could attract people by lowering the price. Basically the manufacturer is handcuffing the retailer unfairly.

rizzle
06-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Sadly, I feel that it was a member here who did this. :(

I agree. But keep in mind that Dion is a member here also.

bigloo
06-22-2009, 08:40 AM
No finger pointing guys. I am sure no one here did anything out of spite, vengeance or anything else. If this falls into a finger pointing contest the real message of protect the great retailers falls through the cracks. Thats the only takeaway this thread should have, no scarlet letters.

rizzle
06-22-2009, 08:47 AM

Sincerely,

Bruzee

I made the loose lip comment. And that was all I said. It wasn't solely aimed at you. I realize you had no malice and neither did I. I just stated the obvious. If it offended you I apologize.

Drazzil
06-22-2009, 10:54 AM

Sincerely,

Bruzee

I am still a bit angry for the fact that the 88's are now well out of my price range, but I will live. Please remember that the people who make these cigars are in it as a business, they are NOT your friends. Please also remember that not everyone who lurks around here is your friend, and protect your sources.

Also. Talking with various people in PM about this whole issue. I would urge those who know who blew the whistle on Eric to please contact the team of Mods. I would hope that they would get some bannage going. Because frankly, that was a despicable act, the type of which for there will be lots of reprocussions in the form of lost business and bad blood.

papichulo
06-29-2009, 01:06 PM

I agree... I am a big Padron fan too, but sometimes you need to change up.

LasciviousXXX
06-29-2009, 01:26 PM
I would urge those who know who blew the whistle on Eric to please contact the team of Mods. I would hope that they would get some bannage going.

Seriously? I would think you would know us better than that.

This isn't the aquarium, we don't ban people randomly or on a whim or because they did something we don't like. Rule violations, personal insults/attacks, etc are the main reasons why a ban would even be considered.

We take many steps before we get to the ban process. One good thing about having the collective wisdom of 11 different people and personalities is that we as a whole don't get caught up in the emotion of the situation and are able to make decisions based on the best interest of the community.

While I'm sure the offense wasn't done with malice, even if it was that doesn't really fall within the realm of bann-able offenses, just under poor taste/discretion

:2

Eric @ The Party
06-29-2009, 02:07 PM

I did not violate my agreement with Illusione. I did not post pricing, someone else did. In fact I did not even have thier cigars on line at all as per my original agreement. Im not upset with anyone so no one else should be.