PDA

View Full Version : Terminator: Salvation

Skywalker
06-10-2009, 12:10 PM
I just watched this one yesterday!!!

I thought it was very entertaining!!! If you like futuristic action films this is the one for you!!!

I thought it fit in with the other Terminator movies. Not as good as T: 2 but better than the third one!!!

I like how it was tied into the other movies.

The Marcus Wright character was my favorite!!! He seems more of a hero than John Connor IMHO!!!

Any thoughts???

themoneycollector
06-10-2009, 12:12 PM
I love the Terminator franchise, I'm suprised at how much of a wuss John Connor has come across in the movies and tv show.

Haven't seen Salvation yet, but was hoping this one would change that perception.

Skywalker
06-10-2009, 12:16 PM
I love the Terminator franchise, I'm suprised at how much of a wuss John Connor has come across in the movies and tv show.

Haven't seen Salvation yet, but was hoping this one would change that perception.

Good point!!!

They tried to make him more heroic in this one!!!

One complaint about Christian Bale... He should not be allowed to use his deep "Batman" voice in movies!!!:r

akakirby
06-10-2009, 12:23 PM
I can't decide if I should see this in the theater or wait for the dvd.... what say you?

Skywalker
06-10-2009, 12:26 PM
I can't decide if I should see this in the theater or wait for the dvd.... what say you?

I have avoided the theaters like the plague until the last month... These movies (Wolverine, Star Trek, and Terminator) are way too tempting to pass up!!! Movies just seem better in a theater.

Go when the kiddies and teens aren't around!!! :2

NCRadioMan
06-10-2009, 04:32 PM
You have to remember, John Connor was always a very reluctant hero. He never wanted to be put in that situation so it seems right, to me, to have another character that is more "heroic" in nature.

This one should be seen in the theatre, imo.

Ironfreak
06-10-2009, 04:55 PM
Loved the movie..

Thought it was really good until the end.. The twist at the end was sort of lame..

ucla695
06-10-2009, 05:31 PM
I liked this movie. Good suspense and action. Well worth the coin. :tu

This one should be seen in the theatre, imo.

:tpd: Totally agree! Big screen...big sound. :tu

karmaz00
06-11-2009, 12:14 PM
hm cant wait to see it..

Skywalker
11-24-2009, 04:33 PM
December 1, 2009 DVD and Blu-Ray Release!!!

Skywalker
12-01-2009, 11:07 AM
December 1, 2009 DVD and Blu-Ray Release!!!

:bangerToday's the day!!!:banger

Starscream
12-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Saw this one the other night on PPV. Did anyone think that Christian Bale was doing his best to impersonate Keanu Reeves in this film? I loved the movie, but it seemed that Keanu could have done just as well as Bale in this role. Despite the Keanu impression, I liked this film better than both part two and three. It seemed to fit quite well with the first film.

themoneycollector
12-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Saw this one this past weekend. I thought it was awesome. Great special effects, good action flick. The flow of the movie was great although a bit predictable on Marcus.

I thought the producer did an awesome job of showing us how deadly the machines were and the difficulties of the resistance to stay together and fight. The tie-ins with the previous films was good as well.

TheBeard
12-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Salvation had the same problems that so many other recent movies have had: The main character of the movie was someone we don't care anything about.

Transformers: Shia le-WHOCARESABOUTYOUIWANTTOSEEOPTIMUS!
Live Free or Die Hard: The "I'm a Mac" guy. Go away.
Salvation: That guy who's not John Connor.

Nice special effects, but unreasonable writing, construction, and continuity. I will agree that the picture of the future was well-painted; it was grim and gritty, and you saw the resistance truly fighting against these deadly robots. The problem was that this was tangential to the storyline!

I'm glad I brought my flask to the theater when I saw this movie. :2

TheBeard
12-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Saw this one the other night on PPV. Did anyone think that Christian Bale was doing his best to impersonate Keanu Reeves in this film? I loved the movie, but it seemed that Keanu could have done just as well as Bale in this role. Despite the Keanu impression, I liked this film better than both part two and three. It seemed to fit quite well with the first film.

You mean for the whole 15 minutes that Bale was on camera? :r

kaisersozei
12-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Salvation had the same problems that so many other recent movies have had: The main character of the movie was someone we don't care anything about.

Transformers: Shia le-WHOCARESABOUTYOUIWANTTOSEEMEGANFOX!
Live Free or Die Hard: The "I'm a Mac" guy. Go away.
Salvation: That guy who's not John Connor.

Fixed it for ya ;)

Skywalker
12-08-2009, 01:31 PM
Fixed it for ya ;)

:r

TheBeard
12-08-2009, 02:12 PM
Fixed it for ya ;)

At least Megan Fox kept her mouth shut.

I don't say this to me misogynistic or anything of that nature; I'm simply referring to that hacker chick in the movie (Rachel Taylor, I think). I went very :( and :mad: and :td when she referred to Fourier transforms as Fourier "transfers." Booooooo. All your hotness is now null and void.

kelmac07
12-08-2009, 08:45 PM
I enjoyed this movie.