PDA

View Full Version : Padron 1926 80 Years Video Review Up

kaelaria
06-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Wow - on so many levels. First and foremost this $30 stick delivered on it’s price, for what it is. It offered a rich smooth plentiful full bodied smoke with a long full finish. Excellent burn and draw with no issues. Flavors included leather, a sweet oil, hints of nuts, lots of deep heavy earth notes, pepper kicks and more. A strong work of warning - this is NOT for anything but the experienced smoker that likes a long lasting powerhouse. This is a knockout even on a full stomach and lasts 2 1/2 hours. More in the video!

HK3-
06-15-2009, 08:51 PM
Smoked a maduro one of these today right after I smoked a 40th anniversary. Empty stomach and no dizzy or light headed feelings.

The 80th had a very white and flakey ash which is always nice. I was not able to nose exhale any of it until about the halfway mark. The first half was too strong. No real flavors stood out except some cedar. These have wonderful construction, even burn, and a great draw.

The 40th I smoked before this 80th was much nicer. Had all the great characteristics of the 80th, plus it has more flavor and was much smoother.

If these were priced right, (about half of what they ask for them), I would smoke them more often, possibly. ;)