PDA

View Full Version : CAO Sopranos maduro

Thrak
06-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Last night I had my first CAO, and it was a Sopranos edition. It was very boring and one dimensional. I could even say zero dimensional. Lots of smoke was produced, so that was good... but no flavor at all really.

It started ok, with a mellow flavor which quickly disappeared. Then there was nothing. Not even a tobacco flavor. I got some flavor again with abuot 2" to go, then it quickly went away.

Ash stayed on nice and strong and the draw was good. Nice even burn for the most part as well.

Given all that I had heard about these things, and about CAO in general, I expected more... actually, I expected something and this delivered nothing.

Rockestone
06-03-2009, 07:34 AM
I totally agree....very disappointed in this cigar.

GodOfFire
06-03-2009, 07:36 AM
To each his own, this is one of my favs CAO and one of my fav Maduros. As a whole though I find the CAO line a hit and miss.

Catfish
06-03-2009, 07:39 AM
i'm not questioning your review at all. I just want to preface saying this with that.

But all those great qualities and ZERO flavor? Wow. Are your plans to try another one or was this like your 3rd attempt with this stick?

I really want the situation to be that you later find out you were gettin sick or something that affected you palate. I bought a "Boss" recently. I'm gonna go postal if I spent that much $$ on a stick for it to be tasteless.

Thrak
06-03-2009, 08:16 AM
I may try another, but it wont be on my dime...

There are to many sticks that cost quite a bit less that I know I'm going to enjoy.

I think it was a solider that I had... the boss is a torp, right?

Anyway, I'm not getting sick and I was drinking ice water, like I always do when I try a new stick.

Catfish
06-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Yeah, the boss is the big 60RG torp.

Starscream
06-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Smoked an "Associate" and it let me down. Tasted too "earthy", kinda like a Gurkha.

BigCat
06-03-2009, 08:34 AM
I find them to be hit and miss as well, but when they hit they hit really well and when they miss they are still nice solid smokes. I've only had the boss though, so I can't speak to the other sizes.

GodOfFire
06-03-2009, 08:36 AM
I may try another, but it wont be on my dime...

There are to many sticks that cost quite a bit less that I know I'm going to enjoy.

I think it was a solider that I had... the boss is a torp, right?

Anyway, I'm not getting sick and I was drinking ice water, like I always do when I try a new stick.

you guys are killing me... I will agree there are other stick that are as good or better for alot less. You are def. paying for the name. However, I would buy another.

hotreds
06-03-2009, 08:42 AM
I've liked the Sopranos cigars I have smoked- I have about 1/2 dozen resting in the humidor.

thebiglebowski
06-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Last night I had my first CAO, and it was a Sopranos edition. It was very boring and one dimensional. I could even say zero dimensional. Lots of smoke was produced, so that was good... but no flavor at all really.

It started ok, with a mellow flavor which quickly disappeared. Then there was nothing. Not even a tobacco flavor. I got some flavor again with abuot 2" to go, then it quickly went away.

Ash stayed on nice and strong and the draw was good. Nice even burn for the most part as well.

Given all that I had heard about these things, and about CAO in general, I expected more... actually, I expected something and this delivered nothing.

yeah, you pretty much summed up CAO in a nutshell - all sizzle, no steak...

kelmac07
06-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Not a huge fan of CAO here...everything I have tried seems one dimensional. Have a gold maduro sitting in the humi...hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

longknocker
06-03-2009, 01:17 PM
I find them to be hit and miss as well, but when they hit they hit really well and when they miss they are still nice solid smokes. I've only had the boss though, so I can't speak to the other sizes.

:tu Same, Here. I've only smoked one or two, but they were great sticks!:)

Mr B
06-03-2009, 05:03 PM
I enjoyed the Sopranos I have had very much. Now are they worth the cost $?. No. but they are a very good stick.

groogs
06-03-2009, 10:51 PM
The Sopranos are one of the best CAO's IMO, but I have to agree that they are over priced. I was able to get a box at a great deal, but I don't think I will be buying any more.

Waynegro1
06-03-2009, 11:45 PM
I've liked the Sopranos cigars I have smoked- I have about 1/2 dozen resting in the humidor.

:tpd:

,but thanks for the review. :tu

meadmaker
08-04-2009, 10:10 PM
To each his own, this is one of my favs CAO and one of my fav Maduros.

I agree. I really enjoyed this cigar and if it wasn't for the price I would smoke it more often!!

http://caocigarswholesale.com

chippewastud79
08-04-2009, 10:15 PM
This is about the only CAO I can smoke. To me it is the best of their lines. Suprised so many people have such bad things to say about it. :hm