PDA

View Full Version : My first humi & batch of cigars (Pics)

MooseHead
06-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Hey everyone, I know it isn't much compared to the collections and humidors you guys have, but I figured I'd post it up anyhow. I'm very happy with both the cigars and humidor. Heres the pics:

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/8/dsc01298w.th.jpg (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01298w.jpg)

The humidor is 75-100ct and came from Cheaphumidors.com. I ordered it from the "imperfect" section of the site but I'm very happy with it. The only imperfection found was a couple scratches on the hygro (see below) but without a camera they are almost invisible.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2706/dsc01299.th.jpg (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01299.jpg)

The cigars I ordered were a sampler pack from cigar.com. Cohiba Red Dot, Padilla Series 68', Chateau Real, and CAO Black. I liked the fact that there was a mix of mild to full bodied to get a taste for what I might enjoy. I received a total of 16 cigars for $35 US which didn't seem like a bad deal at all. The other Cohibas are Robustos I acquired when I went down south.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4773/dsc01300.th.jpg (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01300.jpg)

I know the bottom is a little empty at the moment.. I'm trying to avoid going down the slippery slope as long as I can:D.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/2638/dsc01301.th.jpg (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01301.jpg)

Here you can see the little scratches on the hygro (no biggy). I spent 3 days calibrating the hygro to a tee so I am pretty confident it is as accurate as an analog will get.

Even got a nice mag with the purchase I will deffinitely have to look through! I have a feeling the magazine will be a bad influence on me..

Cheers,

MH

kelmac07
06-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Damn Chris...that's a HUGE humi...look at the size of those sticks!!!!! Best bet is to resize your pictures to 600X600 before posting. I learned the hard way myself. Sweet looking set-up.

akakirby
06-01-2009, 07:49 PM
looks good, i got mine from the imperfects from cheap humidor.com as well, great value, only had a small nick on the back!

ucla695
06-01-2009, 07:50 PM
Congrats and have fun filling it up. !! :wo

Better start looking for another one. :r

tobii3
06-01-2009, 07:52 PM
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4773/dsc01300.th.jpg (http://img95.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc01300.jpg)

Oh man....NEVER, under ANY circumstances, show a pic of an EMPTY HUMIDOR!!!! It's worse than feeding Gremlins after midnight!!!!

Smokin Gator
06-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Congrats brother... now get over the the NST!!!

MooseHead
06-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Also, if any of you know how to insert images a little larger, could you please fill me in? I know it can become a hassle having to go to imageshack to view every picture.

Thanks,

MH:ss

jonharky
06-01-2009, 07:59 PM
very nice!!

jonharky
06-01-2009, 08:00 PM
What I do is I have a face book page post them there then copy the link here

MooseHead
06-01-2009, 08:02 PM
looks good, i got mine from the imperfects from cheap humidor.com as well, great value, only had a small nick on the back!

Thanks man. After reading through the threads here it seemed like the place to go.

Congrats and have fun filling it up. !! :wo
Better start looking for another one. :r

Pfft! I went with this one to avoid having to do that!

Oh man....NEVER, under ANY circumstances, show a pic of an EMPTY HUMIDOR!!!! It's worse than feeding Gremlins after midnight!!!!

It's not empty! You should of seen it before my order arrived lol:D.

Congrats brother... now get over the the NST!!!

Will do, have been in contact with DMK who is generous enough to take me under his wing for my first NST.

m69c44
06-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Very Nice. I am sure it not going to take you long to fill that puppy up.

Emjaysmash
06-01-2009, 08:11 PM
... It's worse than feeding Gremlins after midnight!!!!

Yeah! Last time we did that to tobii, he ate half the keyboard! Now we have to put all his posts through a translator to see what he's saying!
:tu

hotreds
06-01-2009, 08:14 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the brotherhood!

taltos
06-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Chris, things look good, the only suggestions that I would make to you is to supplement the analog hygrometer with a digital hygrometer and a calibration pack. I would also suggest going with 65 per cent beads from heartfelt. Now here are the reasons; the analog hygrometer might be accurate now but it will most likely not be the next time that you adjust it. The digitals are very good once they have been through a calibration pack so that you know the differential for that particular hygrometer. The beads just make it so easy to regulate your humidor between 60 and 65 per cent and you get a temperature reading at the same time. Good luck and welcome. Any questions, please feel free to pm me. Paul:tu

MooseHead
06-01-2009, 08:18 PM
What I do is I have a face book page post them there then copy the link here

I don't have facebook unfortunately. Does anyone else know another method?

Also, thanks everyone for the kind words:).

MH

Bax
06-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Chris, things look good, the only suggestions that I would make to you is to supplement the analog hygrometer with a digital hygrometer and a calibration pack. I would also suggest going with 65 per cent beads from heartfelt. Now here are the reasons; the analog hygrometer might be accurate now but it will most likely not be the next time that you adjust it. The digitals are very good once they have been through a calibration pack so that you know the differential for that particular hygrometer. The beads just make it so easy to regulate your humidor between 60 and 65 per cent and you get a temperature reading at the same time. Good luck and welcome. Any questions, please feel free to pm me. Paul:tu

:tpd:

kelmac07
06-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Photobucket...but I believe that is similar to Imageshack. I resize my photos before I place them in photobucket.

Savor the Stick
06-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Great looking Humi there. Also welcome to the board. You got to be crazy to be admitted here and then you can't ever leave.

Welcome again Christoper :)

Anthem
06-01-2009, 08:26 PM
I know the bottom is a little empty at the moment.. I'm trying to avoid going down the slippery slope as long as I can:D.

Beware of the slope my friend :r:r

Seriously though, nice pick up. I'm sure you will enjoy your new humi :tu:tu

HK3-
06-01-2009, 08:26 PM
Welcome!
Nice humi setup!
Agree with the others on getting a digital...the analog get stuck all the time. :tu

WE ARE NOT ALL THAT CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fu:hf:fu

where did I leave my medicine.........:lv

TriStar
06-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Nice humi! Like yourself, I got mine as well from cheaphumidors. I also ordered a 400ct footlocker for my dad for Father's Day. They're really quick with shipping and they package nicely.

Don't worry about the empty space, you'll need a new one in no time lol :ss

BeerAdvocate
06-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Great Start. No turning back now!!!

taltos
Harold, do you know anybody who would certify that the Massholes are sane? You mittenheads are not much better.:D:tu

Trace63
where did I leave my medicine.........:lv

Im pretty sure I saw tobii walking away with it...

chippewastud79
06-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Looks like a very nice start you have there :tu

Kwilkinson
06-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Sweet :)

HK3-
06-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Harold, do you know anybody who would certify that the Massholes are sane? You mittenheads are not much better.:D:tu

I'm a fake masshole and a fake mittenhead as well. :( :lv

big a
06-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Great humidor, that was the 2nd humdior I had.... than after 2 months it was too small :r Watch out for the slope.

If you put them in photobucket you can change the size on there than it even gives you the link with the IMG stuff to post a pic. Very easy to use

bigloo
06-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Good start my friend.

I love the look of a new humi. Everything neat and tidy, everything lines up, space to spare, tetris is still a game you play on the computer....

bvilchez
06-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Welcome to the looney bin my friend......but tread lightly.....if not you'll be sliding down the slope

but then again it might be too late.......you're already here

Adriftpanda
06-01-2009, 10:37 PM
I wish that was how I started out! Nice starter kit lol. Go bigger is all I have to say, once you start there is not turning back my friend!

Jimbo14
06-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Beautiful, thankyou for sharing!

colimo
06-02-2009, 12:13 AM
nice starter humi....but these folks are misleading you....there is no slope....it's a cliff and you just jumped off.....there is no going back! :ss
pretty soon you will be getting coolers cause they are cheaper...then another bigger humi....etc, etc...

Enjoy!!

MooseHead
06-02-2009, 12:20 AM

Thanks for the advice, it is much appreciated! I checked out Heartfelt beads and I will deffinitely get myself some 65% Humi beads in the near future. Is a calibration kit required or can I use the salt test? Also, with the beads in my humidor, would I still have to keep my humidifier in there as well?

tetris is still a game you play on the computer....
there is no slope....it's a cliff and you just jumped off.....there is no going back! :ss

Lol gave me some good laughs there:D.

Thanks everyone for the kind words once again:).

Ps. What is a Masshole?:confused:

MH

skullnrose
06-02-2009, 12:24 AM

Very nice and best of luck going slowly down the slope.

jam
06-02-2009, 04:10 AM
you always remember your first , have fun filing it up

taltos
06-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Chris, many times the vendor will throw in the calibration kit with the purchase of a digital hygrometer. I like them because at under $5 they are convenient and more precise. You can get different readings from a salt test depending upon how you mix the salt and water.:tu

troutbreath
06-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Nice humi!

landhoney
06-02-2009, 04:05 PM
The other Cohibas are Robustos I acquired when I went down south.

In cello? :confused:

dentonparrots
06-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Congrats on the whole lot...nice!

SmokinApe
06-02-2009, 04:48 PM

Nice humi tho...

stearns
06-02-2009, 04:51 PM

my thoughts exactly :(:rolleyes:

nice setup though

stearns

DMK
06-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Will do, have been in contact with DMK who is generous enough to take me under his wing for my first NST.

:r:r:r Silly newbie..... now I get first dibs on filling that thing....

*note* you may want to buy yourself a cooler....:ss

Smokin Gator
06-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Silly newbie..... now I get first dibs on filling that thing....

*note* you may want to buy yourself a cooler....

:r:r:r

Poor guy!!!:ss

dandaman
06-02-2009, 06:28 PM
nice start Cris. njoy

MooseHead
06-02-2009, 07:06 PM
Nice humi tho...
my thoughts exactly :(:rolleyes:
nice setup though
stearns

Lol yes. Stearns and I pretty much figured that out on the chat when I told him it was a 10 pack. Oh well, to be honest I don't mind them at all and they didn't cost much either. And hey, their what got me hooked on cigars, so if I enjoyed the fakes that much.. I'm in for a treat when I start smoking the good stuff!:ss

MH

SmoknTaz
06-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the slope Christopher! Empty humidor, tsk, tsk. Are you in trouble now!

landhoney
06-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Lol yes. Stearns and I pretty much figured that out on the chat when I told him it was a 10 pack. Oh well, to be honest I don't mind them at all and they didn't cost much either. And hey, their what got me hooked on cigars, so if I enjoyed the fakes that much.. I'm in for a treat when I start smoking the good stuff!:ss

MH

I like that attitude. :tu PM me your addy, and I'll send you some of the good stuff.

MooseHead
06-04-2009, 03:42 PM
Hey everyone, just thought I'd let you guys know how my newbie adventures are going. So far I've tried the Padilla Series 68' and a CAO Black.

Padilla Series 68'
Really enjoyed it all the way down to the nub. Great construction, band came off easy in the last third and the draw was perfect. I also found it tasted great although nothing overly stood out. Might take a while to develop my palette before that happens though. All in all, a great cigar in my opinion.

CAO Black
Oh my lord.. this thing kicked my A$$! Will diffinitely wait a while before I try another one of these. Was feeling pretty cocky last night after a big spaghetti dinner and thought I could handle it:rolleyes:. I deffinitely under estimated the strength of a full bodied cigar. I had a headbuzz within 10 minutes of lighting and could only smoke 2/3 of the cigar.

On a plus note, I really got to experience that peppery taste and also learnt that I enjoy cigars that are mild/medium in strength.:r

Cheers,
Chris

GWN
06-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Hey everyone, just thought I'd let you guys know how my newbie adventures are going. So far I've tried the Padilla Series 68' and a CAO Black.

Padilla Series 68'
Really enjoyed it all the way down to the nub. Great construction, band came off easy in the last third and the draw was perfect. I also found it tasted great although nothing overly stood out. Might take a while to develop my palette before that happens though. All in all, a great cigar in my opinion.

CAO Black
Oh my lord.. this thing kicked my A$$! Will diffinitely wait a while before I try another one of these. Was feeling pretty cocky last night after a big spaghetti dinner and thought I could handle it:rolleyes:. I deffinitely under estimated the strength of a full bodied cigar. I had a headbuzz within 10 minutes of lighting and could only smoke 2/3 of the cigar.

On a plus note, I really got to experience that peppery taste and also learnt that I enjoy cigars that are mild/medium in strength.:r

Cheers,
Chris

But now your new humi is a little emptier, right?

SilverFox
06-10-2009, 10:05 PM
I like that attitude. :tu PM me your addy, and I'll send you some of the good stuff.

:tpd::tpd:

Yup send it too me too, and we will see if I can't find a Cohiba or two that you might like. You might as well send me your addy yourself it is less painless that way :D

MooseHead
06-15-2009, 11:03 AM
But now your new humi is a little emptier, right?

Pfft no! There are people out there who are trying to kill me! I keep getting bombed! :lv

:tpd::tpd:

Yup send it too me too, and we will see if I can't find a Cohiba or two that you might like. You might as well send me your addy yourself it is less painless that way :D

I live in Canada! Igloos don't have addresses over here!:D

I've got some more pics i'll have to post up soon. Been really busy but they'll be up shortly!

Cheers,

MH

blooz4u
06-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Congrats on the humi.... You'll need a bigger one!

Azpostal
06-15-2009, 12:18 PM
Nice humi.

jbo57
06-15-2009, 12:27 PM
Very nice humidor...looks like you've got a great start...however, it is not wise to show these guys a picture of a half empty humidor...they accept that as a personal challenge. :)

MooseHead
06-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Very nice humidor...looks like you've got a great start...however, it is not wise to show these guys a picture of a half empty humidor...they accept that as a personal challenge. :)

Lol no kidding, I have deffinitely been learning my lesson over the past week or so.:ss

Thanks for the kind words:).

MH

dandaman
06-16-2009, 03:59 AM
NICE, start shopping for another box.

RHNewfie
06-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Here Moosie Moosie Moosie!!

BUCASmoker
06-24-2009, 04:36 PM
I just ordered the same humidor... also from the imperfects. I ended up getting a digital hygro though, as well as a crystal humidifcation pack.

Hope I get it soon!