PDA

View Full Version : Swisher Sweets Grape Tipped Cigar?

taltos
06-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Don Fernando delivered a most kind gift from Greg Gainey (ggainey) in Florida. This gift totally made my Saturday; forget the fine Cubans from multiple brothers and the other fine cigars traded and the fellowship, getting these cigars from brother Gainey made my weekend. When you look at the cigar, it is about 5.25 inches or 13 cm long with a rg around 30. It has a beautiful purple tip that is about an inch long and a tasteful band adhered to the cellophane covering another 4.25 inches of homogenized paper goodness in a nice shade of brown. Looking at the tip, I figured what is a probable use of recycled tampon applicators. When I smelled this fine example of American industry I smelled grape jelly with undercurrents of used kitty litter of the clumping type. The prelight draw reminded me of the old V8 commercials when they said 'I could have had a V8.' in this case I was inspired to say that 'I could of had a Cremosa.' Against my better wishes I lit this thing and tasted stale grape jelly infused with KY Jelly and a tobacco paste. I did smoke about .5 inches of the thing and then left it to burn itself out. The damn thing does not burn out. I realized that when I smelled burning plastic from the tasteful tip. To get the taste out of my mouth required eating half of a bottle of strong horseradish (Gold's Kosher brand) and two shot glasses of Sricha sauce. To get the ability to taste tobacco again I had to smoke a JDN Antano Consul ROT. Greg, thank you and a token of my appreciation will be coming your way as soon as my cat recovers from the constipation caused by him smelling the lit cigar. Thankfully the Mass Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals did not see him out on the porch with me. One final note, one of the packages had been opened and some jerk had stolen one. Thanks Greg it was distasteful but fun.:fu:fu:fu

MedicCook
06-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Great review Paul. I always wondered if grape KY jelly would be a good seller.

MajorCaptSilly
06-01-2009, 12:00 PM
I've been wanting one of those for a long time but the ones at the gas station by my house always have coffee spilled on them.

MCS

acarr
06-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Great review! I will have to try some of the other flavors of this esteemed marca:tu Does anyone know the production numbers are these cigars?

taltos
06-01-2009, 12:43 PM
I've been wanting one of those for a long time but the ones at the gas station by my house always have coffee spilled on them.

MCSI can send you and Acarr some of my supply with my compliments.:D

acarr
06-01-2009, 12:46 PM
I can send you and Acarr some of my supply with my compliments.:D

I don't know that I would feel right taking a regift of this magnitude but I appreciate the gesture.

kelmac07
06-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Paul...nice review, especially the clumping kitty litter part?

Volt
06-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Ya know, a grape cigar is one thing, but the friggen cigar actually burns purple smoke. As Simon was somking his all I kepp hearing in my head was Jimi singing Purple Haze :)

acarr
06-01-2009, 02:10 PM
Ya know, a grape cigar is one thing, but the friggen cigar actually burns purple smoke. As Simon was somking his all I kepp hearing in my head was Jimi singing Purple Haze :)

Now I know I have to try one:D

taltos
06-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Now I know I have to try one:Dpm your address.:tu

kelmac07
06-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Have a few leftover from Simon...who wants one?

Volt
06-01-2009, 02:25 PM
Now I know I have to try one:D

Check Simon out in the bottom picture in this link -

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpost.php?p=399622&postcount=106 (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpost.php?p=399622&postcount=106)

G G
06-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Paul, i don't pay for them so I didn't really expect you to actually smoke it man.:tu

Smokin Gator
06-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Paul, i don't pay for them so I didn't really expect you to actually smoke it man.:tu

:r:r:r

taltos
06-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Paul, i don't pay for them so I didn't really expect you to actually smoke it man.:tuI am a Marine ( key the martial music) and we take on all challenges including this one. Tell me that you did not appreciate the review and payback is still coming and you know that I have your address.:D

BlackDog
06-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Do they upcharge for improving the cigars by infusing them with coffee? :ss

taltos
06-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Do they upcharge for improving the cigars by infusing them with coffee? :ssThey would improve these by infusing them with used motor oil and diesel fuel.:D

G G
06-01-2009, 08:05 PM
I am a Marine ( key the martial music) and we take on all challenges including this one. Tell me that you did not appreciate the review and payback is still coming and you know that I have your address.:D
I appreciate it much, and yes I know you have my address. Everyone has it I think.:tu Thanks to the massholes.

taltos
06-01-2009, 08:20 PM
Greg, you might be alright on this incident. I don't know if the Massholes have my back or if they are enjoying my suffering. I appreciate the smokes, the thought is the thing.:D

DPD6030
06-01-2009, 11:54 PM
I find this tremendously funny especially since you lit the thing up Paul. :r Hey you gave it a fair shot and tossed it. Kudos to you brother. :tu