PDA

View Full Version : El Cobre robusto

Garbandz
05-31-2009, 11:19 AM
The El Cobre robusto is a very oily,firm chocolate brown,solid and heavy.It has spicy tobacco and cocoa aromas,a spicy tobacco taste and a firm draw.
The first third has peppery clean cedar aromas,flavors of chocolate and cherries{!} and a sweet lingering finish,something unique in my experience.
In the second third there are developing notes of cocoa,leather and cedary flavors,still a note of cherry with a sweet lingering finish.The ash is solid and light gray,needing only a small touch up.The cigar is very well made.
In the final third,there are notes of toasted oak and brown sugar,firm tobacco sweetness,a clean slightly dry finish,oily mouth feel.The burn is very good.
The taste profile of this smoke was a surprise,compelling and very enjoyable,with broad flavors and nicely lingering.It keeps your interest,I will age these to see what they will become in 6 months to a year,I recommend that you try this brand highly.I rate this one 7.5 out of 10 strength,18 out of 20 overall..

TripleF
05-31-2009, 11:23 AM
Great review!! :tu I love this stick!

TanithT
05-31-2009, 12:52 PM
Considering the name, clearly I need to smoke one of these ASAP. :D

SkinsFanLarry
05-31-2009, 12:52 PM
I agree 100%! :tu

That is my "every day" smoke....I smoke 6-8 robustos every day!

SkinsFanLarry
05-31-2009, 01:04 PM
TanithT,

Empire Cigars (http://www.empirecigars.net/) carries them, that's where I get mine from.

All four (4) sizes; robusto, toro, churchill and torpedo....at "great" prices!

pgagnon
08-09-2011, 04:43 PM
I clearly taste the cherry blossom too. I still have a hard time to identify the spice flavor in cigars though :/

kelmac07
08-09-2011, 05:22 PM
These are AWESOME sticks...compeltely under the radar. :dr :dr :dr (and made from the folks at Oliva)

WittyUserName
08-09-2011, 07:00 PM
They sound great, I will definitely have to keep an eye out for these.

Ratters
08-09-2011, 07:25 PM
I smoke three to five of these a week. Great smoke.

WittyUserName
08-09-2011, 07:40 PM
Does anybody know where I can get these on the interwebz, I have no access to a B&M for the next 6 months. I normally get my sticks from CI but they do not have them. Thanks for the help and the review.

EDIT: found them on cigars-now.com Has anybody bought from this site?

Ratters
08-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Yeah, good site. Famous Cigars has them too. Bought some off their cigarmonster deal site last week.

Apexkingjusto
03-16-2012, 05:42 AM
These guys have a ton of them. I've tried one but need to try again. Not sure I'm ready for the strength but may be worth it to buy now and keep in Coolidoor for a yr until I can handle it! At that point it should be perfect.

http://www.discountcigars.org/catalog/

longknocker
03-16-2012, 05:58 AM
El Cobre's Are Great Sticks!:dr Nice Review!:tu

SteelCityBoy
03-16-2012, 06:38 AM
I need to try another one of these...Bought about a year ago now and don't remember what it was like. They sound amazing!

Thanks for the review! :tu

dave
03-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Larry,
Do you know if Empire's are the same as those at the big box guys?

Been a few years since I was down there, but the ever generous Dave (he still there?) gave me two El Cobres (torps, I believe.) Those two were markedly different from El Cobre's that I've since received via bombs or from interweb sites. Prettier, stronger, fuller and more flavorful.

I believed, at the time, that Empire and one or two other shops were the only retail sources for these. Just curious if Empire still gets the family (better?) version.

JarvisAmadio
03-16-2012, 08:58 AM
thanks for the review))
I need to try another one of these. I heard that they are good.