PDA

View Full Version : Rich, plummy smoke?

TanithT
05-31-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm looking for a pipe tobacco with a rich, plummy smoke that is thick enough to eat with a spoon, and tasty enough to make you want to. Any suggestions?

Might not be able to reply for awhile as I'll be traveling and can't actually log in here from my cell phone software, but will be reading your suggestions avidly.

BigFrank
05-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Not to be a rainy day person, but your gonna need to be a little specific as to what type of tobacco you like. Like, are you looking for a Rich VA, aromatic, Va blend. I think you get the point towards that. There are a lot of different tobaccos IMHO that fit that description but vary widely.

TanithT
05-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Not to be a rainy day person, but your gonna need to be a little specific as to what type of tobacco you like. Like, are you looking for a Rich VA, aromatic, Va blend. I think you get the point towards that. There are a lot of different tobaccos IMHO that fit that description but vary widely.

My tastes in terms of tobacco type are fairly eclectic. What matters to me is depth, complexity and richness. I am not a huge fan of perique but it's okay as a non-dominant part of a well balanced blend.

jonharky
05-31-2009, 12:42 PM
Search: Hearth and Home's Anniversary cake. I haven't had it yet my friend has and it smells delicious. I just ordered some for $4.00 for 4 oz.

Nick
05-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Any rope should give you that rich deep smoke. I like Black XX, Coconut twist, and rum twist.