PDA

View Full Version : Macanudo 1968

GHC_Hambone
05-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Like many, my first cigar was a Macanudo. I did enjoy it, but looking back it didn't really have much flavor, and Macanudo's have a reputation for being a mild cigar. However, I found the 1968 to be much different. I smoked the Robusto size I think.

Right after lighting there was lots of coffee flavors, some of the most I've ever tasted in a cigar. There were also some chocolate and earth notes as well. Near the end it picked up in strength, with more earth flavors and a hint of spice. The draw was good, and the burn was a bit uneven at times but able to correct easy.

I got this in a trade so I don't really know the price range. It was an enjoyable cigar and had much stronger flavors than I would have expected. I would definitely smoke it again, I give it a 9/10.

rizzle
06-01-2009, 11:46 AM
I had one of these buried in the humi that someone had gifted to me at some point last year and decided to pull it out and give it a whirl last night. Was looking for a change of pace and figured what the heck. Definitley not your grandfather's Macanudo. I would echo your tasting notes and add that I was actually shocked when a little spice started to show up. Are you kidding me? Spice from a Mac? Yep, not Comacho spice but nonetheless it's there. It actually wasn't a bad smoke, reminded me a lot of a CAO Brazilia.

Mr B
06-01-2009, 05:13 PM
I received a couple of these "free" with my purchase from JR about a year ago. I believe they ran about $12 retail. I enjoyed them too. different from the regular mild Mac's. I would not pay more than $4 for them though.