PDA

View Full Version : Intro Cigar Question - Newbe

mi2az
05-28-2009, 09:18 PM
I am finding that some of my cigars are way to strong that I get head spins and I am looking for something in the Mild to Medium.

Any suggestions from the group on what to look for ? :confused:

jonharky
05-28-2009, 09:22 PM
H upmann vintage cameroon is a great cigar medium cigar

And reasonably priced

BradNC
05-28-2009, 09:31 PM
The Perdomo La tradicion Champagne is a great mild cigar. If you buy them and don't like them I will buy them from you. Great when you want something without too much kick. Here is a great review of the cigar from Kris Baso:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj_aivNecVM

Emjaysmash
05-28-2009, 09:35 PM
The Perdomo La tradicion Champagne is a great mild cigar. If you buy them and don't like them I will buy them from you. Great when you want something without too much kick. Here is a great review of the cigar from Kris Baso:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj_aivNecVM

:tpd:

md4958
What have you been smoking that has been making your head spin? Knowing what you find "strong" might help us give you recommendations

mhailey
5 vegas gold. great, reasonably priced stick.

Matt

DoctaJ
05-28-2009, 11:37 PM
One thing to ask: Are any of these cigars being smoked on an empty stomach? That can have a big impact on how you will feel during the end and after the smoke even if it is on the milder side.

Trace63
05-28-2009, 11:55 PM
5 Vegas Classic or Gold, Ashton Classic, Padron x000 (medium), Nub line (mild/medium) etc.

Do you eat before you smoke?

Volt
05-29-2009, 03:42 AM

And reasonably priced

The H. Uppman Vintage Cameroon is the cigar that got me started smoking. As noted, resonably priced, not harsh, and redily available. I still smoke them today.

What have you been smoking that has been making your head spin? Knowing what you find "strong" might help us give you recommendations

:tpd: Some previous past smokes that were too much would help out.

elderboy02
05-29-2009, 05:00 AM
Oliva Connecticut, Oliva G, Fonseca 5-50, Rocky Patel Connecticut, Arturo Fuente Hemmingway.

WildBlueSooner
05-29-2009, 05:29 AM
Oliva Connecticut, Oliva G, Fonseca 5-50, Rocky Patel Connecticut, Arturo Fuente Hemmingway.

:tpd: Those are some good ones...along with the Montecristo White Label

troutbreath
05-29-2009, 07:07 AM
I'd through in the RyJ Habana Reserve. Good, full bodied, lighter strength smoke.

I would be curious about what was making your head spin, too. Some sticks are made with that goal in mind, I think. And the often succeed regardless of your tenure in the hobby or "heartiness." Food is also a biggie, and I usually keep some water nearby.

Welcome!

Oh, and for those H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon fans: They are the manager's special this week at JR. I never have smoked them, but I should probably try since I love a good Cammy wrapper. Not sure how good the deal is on these, but the monster vitolas were all either $3 or $4, right by the register.

Mark
05-29-2009, 07:28 AM
What you are experiencing is not really a factor of how bold the cigar smoke is, but how much nicotine is in the cigar. There are some "milder" cigars with a lot of nicotine, and some heavier cigars that have very little. I wrote a little "Nicotine Sickness Action Plan" a while ago that might be helpful.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7811

-Mark

BlackIrish
05-29-2009, 07:46 AM

And reasonably priced

The Perdomo La tradicion Champagne is a great mild cigar. If you buy them and don't like them I will buy them from you. Great when you want something without too much kick.

All good suggestions for cigars with mild flavor profiles. Also CAO Gold and Taboo Twist.

But as others have noted, it's really the nicotine you're experiencing. BostonMark's advice is great.

darkninja67
05-29-2009, 08:29 AM
Along with the previous suggestions I would add the Casa Torano line. Very good cigar and not overpowering at all.

Try drinking something sweet when you get the buzz going like Coke or Pepsi.

flat6nut
05-29-2009, 04:57 PM
La Fontana