PDA

View Full Version : Champions League (Soccer)

Don_Truini
05-28-2009, 08:19 AM
Just wanted to see how many fans we have of European Soccer is out there. Who watched the Manchester United v. Barcelona game??????

Since I am in Italy of course that is all I heard about today.

ChicagoWhiteSox
05-28-2009, 08:27 AM
I watch when I get it on cable. Chelsea and AC Milan are my favorite teams to watch. I didnt watch the Bar. vs Manch. game but I saw highlights.

GreekGodX
05-28-2009, 08:38 AM
I recorded it and watched it later. Great game. I am very glad Barca won! There were a lot of doubts if Barca would be physical enough to beat ManU. Barca played good and the better team won. I do not like Cristiano Ronaldo especially after he stated he is the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd best player. So I'm glad his team lost

ChicagoWhiteSox
05-28-2009, 08:54 AM
I recorded it and watched it later. Great game. I am very glad Barca won! There were a lot of doubts if Barca would be physical enough to beat ManU. Barca played good and the better team won. I do not like Cristiano Ronaldo especially after he stated he is the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd best player. So I'm glad his team lost

:tpd:

Lumpold
05-28-2009, 08:59 AM
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=810

Not the most active of threads, but it's the official one!

As a Liverpool fan, I was glad to see the scum lost.

pnoon
05-28-2009, 05:17 PM
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=810

Not the most active of threads, but it's the official one!

:tpd:

mastershogun
05-28-2009, 05:29 PM
I was really worried the first 10 minutes but after eto's goal all things went well. SAF made some major mistakes! He was too busy trying to exploit barca's "weak" backline that he gave the midfield away... big mistake against Inesta/ Xavi. Also, barca's "weak" back four did very well

Lumpold
05-28-2009, 06:49 PM
I particularly enjoyed watching Ronaldo sulk at the end.

TheRiddick
05-28-2009, 11:06 PM

Please reminds us all again what did Liverpool have to celebrate this year? Last year? The year before? Wait, save for one CL final, what did they have to celebrate for the past who knows how many years? Rafa spent more than SAF buying players and has nothing to show for it (CL was won with a team he inherited and then dismantled). NADA. And yet brain challenged owners rewarded him with a new 5 year contract. Seems failure is rather the norm and is expected at 'Pool these days.

If anything, as much as I dislike Liverpool, I said dislike and not hate, I would have been cheering for an ENGLISH team had Liverpool, Chelsea or any other EPL team played in the final.

That is what separates true United fans from those of Liverpool...

Lumpold
05-29-2009, 06:06 AM
Please reminds us all again what did Liverpool have to celebrate this year? Last year? The year before? Wait, save for one CL final, what did they have to celebrate for the past who knows how many years? Rafa spent more than SAF buying players and has nothing to show for it (CL was won with a team he inherited and then dismantled). NADA. And yet brain challenged owners rewarded him with a new 5 year contract. Seems failure is rather the norm and is expected at 'Pool these days.

If anything, as much as I dislike Liverpool, I said dislike and not hate, I would have been cheering for an ENGLISH team had Liverpool, Chelsea or any other EPL team played in the final.

That is what separates true United fans from those of Liverpool...

Do you think my hatred for Man U is based on what you've won recently, and we haven't? Odd. Your description that 'faliure is the norm' at liverpool just goes to show that if you don't win trophies you must suck, despite, progression in league position. Ah well, I suppose you remember all that silverware SAF brought you in his first 5 years in charge, eh? Alex Ferguson has spent 22 tweaking his Man U squad, and his top flight English football tactics. I seem to remember he won.... er... wait.... the same as Rafa in his first 5 years? If you aren't gonna count the CL! FA Cup victories for both Rafa and SAF... why is he still with you? Ah crap, you forgot all about that didn't you. Typical glory hunting prawn sarnie brigade... like to bash other managers for a lack of instant results, yet it took yours 5 years to get you any real ones. As for money spent... well, what can I say, no Rafa hasn't always made the best decisions, but then neither has SAF.... Was Berbatov really worth 30+ mil? Have you all blocked Veron out? While Liverpool fans are often accused of looking through the rose tinted Anfield glasses, as least we don't think our team or manager is perfect. F**king great, admittedly, but not perfect.

adampc22
05-29-2009, 07:02 AM
i think u will find its called FOOTBALL mate lol

TheRiddick
05-30-2009, 01:45 AM
Lumpold, you keep forgetting that Rafa, so far, has made a BACKWARD move. He inherited a team that was able to win the CL, yet has not won since with all the buys he did HIMSELF. You also keep assuming that he is making progress yet both Chelsea and Arsenal will be very different next year, better that is. With Everton closing in fast (I only wish Moyes had more money to play with, HE is a manager every team should be looking at).

I do not forget that SAF needed a few years to get up to speed, no one is arguing that. The consistency United have shown for the past 15+ years is remarkable by any measure, I don't think anyone can argue that. Was I and am I happy with some players? No. But so far, the only ability Rafa has shown is the one where he stuffs his foot in his mouth, he should mind his own team and its performance and keep his nose out of other's. Like I said, you guys have nothing to celebrate for years now and yet carry on like the world revolves around you.

Why don't you read my posts on the other thread, you'll see that I do criticize United when needed, Berbatov is a prime example. I do see and understand all the issues with the team I support and as a long time player do understand when a critic of a team I support is appropriate (CL final was one of those times).

That said, and to get to the main point of my post. I would be SUPPORTING Liverpool had they made it to the final of CL versus a non EPL club, same as I would any other EPL team. And would be hoping they win. Unlike you, with your hatred for an EPL team in the final.

I guess you missed that key point of my post above. No issue, seems par for the course for a Liverpool fan. I support my team first, EPL second, seems my priorities and alegiances are very different than yours.

Light up a nice a nice cigar and kick back a little, life can be good.