PDA

View Full Version : RP Spring Collection 2009 Toro Sized

LockOut
05-25-2009, 07:44 PM
Rokcy Patel Spring 2009: Toro sized.
Figured I could give this whole review thing a try, never really done one this complex, nor anything more complex other than I like this smoke and its strong or this is a weak cigar or I don’t like it etc. so he goes nothing.

Construction: Good construction, firm no soft spots, looks good. One major vein but it looks like it shouldn’t be a problem. Good cap construction. Bonus points for a fancy label maybe? We’ll see how long I keep it on there, normally I peel them off before I even start

Prelight draw and light: Clipped it with my palio, no flakes or anything from the cap, Good draw, little tight but nothing to worry about. Took the flame easy, I was wrong about the draw, its pretty spot on. Initial draw produces a good amount of light wispy smoke.

1/3: Initial puffs give me a nutty almost pine taste, with some mocha in the back ground. Draw is good, smoke quantity is good. Ash is a light grey, slightly flakey would be the best way to describe it, I ash pretty often anyways so nothing to worry about. Id say it’d go for an inch and a half before winding up in your lap. I’m not going to test it.

2/3: Picking p a little bit of spice, not much but its there. Mocha a little more prominent, little less of a nutty taste. Good burn, no problems up to now. Just me ,frank sinatra,, and a good camp fire.
Side note haf way through the 2/3rd….. ditched the labels, couldn’t take it any more.they came off nice and easy, no opus super glue here.

3/3 : The cigar has picked up a earthy tone, with some mocha and coffee in the back ground. Its progressively gotten stronger through out.

Overall: It was a good smoke. Not my taste profile, but a good smoke none the less. Doesn’t exactly ring a bell in my mind saying “spring” but that’s not really the important part. Overall I don’t know if I would ever buy these but I would smoke one again if it was given to me. Was it worth the 11.50 price tag on it, I don’t think so, but if you can pick them up for 7-8 dollars they are worth a try. Not quite as good as the winter collection, but a good cigar.

Overall 8.5/10

dubnick
05-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the review. May try one later in the week!

TripleF
05-25-2009, 08:02 PM
Great review brother!! :tu

I smoked one today and absolutely love it!! :tu

Trace63
05-25-2009, 08:13 PM
I have to get my hands on one of these

scooter
05-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Great review. Thanks