PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have this?

BradNC
05-25-2009, 07:07 PM
http://www.qualityimporters.com/qualityimporters/products_detail.asp?ID=484

I really like all of the drawers so you don't have to stack things too deep. Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad

kelmac07
05-25-2009, 07:15 PM
That is a sweet looking humi brother! What are they asking for it?

bvilchez
05-25-2009, 07:19 PM
That thing is a beauty!!!! What's the retail on that?

BradNC
05-25-2009, 07:21 PM
I'm trying to find out. I really like the design. I will let you know what I find out.

BamBam
05-25-2009, 07:24 PM
Here you go.

This will give you an idea on the price

$750 HERE (http://shop.humidors4u.com/products/humidor-aging-vault)

Plus you'll need one of THESE (http://heartfeltindustries.com/proddetail.asp?prod=HYDRA%5FLG) for your active humidification

and better use some beads for some passive humidification in case you lose power.

Prolly lookin at around a little over $1000 once it's all said and done.

It's a sharp looking unit, I would love to hear someone's thoughts who had one. :tu

BradNC
05-25-2009, 07:28 PM
Yep, I also emailed cheaphumidors.com since they carry some of the other items the original site lists. I'm hoping they have a better price.

Boss Hogg
05-25-2009, 07:55 PM
That's a nice looking humi. Anyone have pics. of the inside?

Trace63
05-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Weighs...so...much....

scooter
05-25-2009, 09:09 PM
That is a sweet looking humi.

boom
05-25-2009, 09:32 PM
:dr

colimo
05-25-2009, 11:14 PM
that is a nice looking humi....like the number of single drawers...not a bad price....particularly if can find it cheaper

troutbreath
05-26-2009, 05:35 AM
I'd like to see it opened up. If each of the drawers need its own beads/humidification, I could see it losing a lot of its capacity.

Cool idea, though.

OK, just read where the cabinet is designed for full air movement . . . now I really like it.

acarr
05-26-2009, 09:42 AM
Very sweet. Any idea what the cooling mechanism cost for that thing?

BradNC
05-26-2009, 03:40 PM
cheaphumidors.com quoted me 799.

shadow king
05-28-2009, 02:12 AM
Don't forget shipping charges. Probably $200+

I agree tho, that is a SWEET looking humidor. If you have the means, get it :D

pmp
05-29-2009, 01:27 PM
I'll see what I can do. If thats not an exclusive product I should be able to get it at a pretty decent price. If enough guys are interested I might be able to make a sweet deal on a group buy.

Yeah shipping will run at least 200 for this, probably slightly more.

pmp
05-29-2009, 01:46 PM
$749.00 at prohumidors.com

Distributor expects them in the next 2 weeks. Get em while the're hot. :D

papajohn67
06-13-2009, 07:33 AM
Has anyone actually eye-balled one of these in person? Are their any additional pictures, i.e. open so one could have an idea of what they might really be buying? I find the price to be a slam dunk bargain but would be concerned about the quality of materials as well as construction for the price that it is offered. Also I'd peg shipping at a hefty sum considering the size as well as the weight. My humi Bob at Aristocrat Humidors shipped from Texas to Washington State weighed far less and was approx. the same size, that was right on $300.00.

Anyway I'd love to hear or see someone post their thoughts who has had the opportunity to take a closer look at the humidor. I'd be really interested in one if the quality lived up to it's great looks.

BradNC
06-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Has anyone actually eye-balled one of these in person? Are their any additional pictures, i.e. open so one could have an idea of what they might really be buying? I find the price to be a slam dunk bargain but would be concerned about the quality of materials as well as construction for the price that it is offered. Also I'd peg shipping at a hefty sum considering the size as well as the weight. My humi Bob at Aristocrat Humidors shipped from Texas to Washington State weighed far less and was approx. the same size, that was right on $300.00.

Anyway I'd love to hear or see someone post their thoughts who has had the opportunity to take a closer look at the humidor. I'd be really interested in one if the quality lived up to it's great looks.

Maybe a call to Quality Importers would yield some results. Doesn't seem like anyone has seen it but I too love the idea. Seems like it would be great for organizing by brand or time aging.

OLS
06-16-2009, 07:53 AM
That compressed chip board is so much more heavy than wood, assuming that is what it's made of on the outside. Plus, why the heavy emphasis on drawers? One of the Worst things you can do is have all your cigars out in singles trays. If the emphasis were reversed, one deep singles tray and the rest humidified storage space for boxes, it would be worth something. You want two things: keep your cigars properly humidified, and keep your cigars in the original packaging. This one seems to have a kink in it's philosophy.
IMHO, anyway. "The first of it's kind"....hehe, there's a reason for that, too.

s15driftking
06-16-2009, 08:18 AM
that thing looks awesome!

Very classy and a cool idea too. It seems like the ultimate organizer!

OLS
06-16-2009, 08:52 AM
The reason I emphasize the possibility of chipboard is that it is so heavy, and so poorly made, that it is a major reason people who move usually leave their entertainment centers behind, or smashed up on the sidewalk. They get wobbly almost immediately and they are too heavy to move. Plus, cedar lining or not, moisture + chipoboard = disaster. It might be just plain ol wood. But again, I refer you to the two keys to aging above. There are many more, but these are a good start.
--------------------------------
And if Bobby thinks it's COOL, run like hell in the opposite direction!
;);) Couldn't resist...sorry Bobby.

BradNC
06-16-2009, 10:47 AM
The importer tells me the top is open inside the molding area and not a solid top meeting level with the molding pieces. Sounds like an idiot designed it if that is the case.

BradNC
06-23-2010, 03:30 PM
Looks like cigarsinternational.com now carries this. Hmmmmm.

OLS
06-24-2010, 06:12 AM
The drawers on the second link are some kind of joke? Really? 25 individual troughs per
drawer for ten drawers? Seems like an awful waste of space. Most of the humidor seems
to be singles drawers. Not very good for someone who wants to age cigars in their orig.
pkgng.

bsmokin
07-03-2010, 10:05 PM
This humidor looks amazing. I can't believe it really. Although... that kind of money could buy a lot of good smokes too... ;)