PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Sweetheart #500 Maduro

flat6nut
05-25-2009, 02:54 PM
Went to Tampa Sweethearts this past Sat with the wife and daughter. Missed their closing time a few weekends ago, so this trip was strictly to pick up a bundle and see what else they had to offer.

I could not leave without buying a couple Anejos, but the TS#500 will be in todays spotlight. I bought a bundle of 20, #500 ( 4 1/2 x 50 ) in the maduro wrapper for $42.75. Thats $2.13 a stick!

As most know, but some might not...Tampa Sweatherts are A. Fuente apprentice rolled. These are not "seconds" of any A. Fuente premium brand.

I am not the best reviewer because i do not have the taste vocabulary that alot of you have, but I know a good cigar when I smoke one. For me this was unbelievable for a smoke at this price. First off out of the 20 in my bundle, none had imperfections...NONE. They all felt perfect, not to tight nor loose.
I used a punch because I could tell the draw was not going to be tight. After I toasted the foot and took the first couple light puffs, I swore I thought I was smoking a PAM ( reference to draw only). Perfect!, just the way I like it, and tons of smoke without having to work for it.

For my taste buds (I still have a minor sinus infection), it was a medium/full bodied stick. There were hints of cocoa, and some sweetness here and there from the maduro wrapper. Over all a very smooth cigar that smoked and tasted more like a $10+ cigar. I was very impressed, and happy I bought 20 of them. I would not hesitate buying these for someone as a gift.

The burn was also not what I expected from and apprentice rolled smoke. There were no runs, and it smoked pretty darn even all the way to the nub.

Finish was medium, with no bitter bite.

I have now found my go to cheap cigar...and my wallet/wife are thankful.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/flatsixnut/kdk_0221.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/flatsixnut/kdk_0220.jpg

The lighter in the pictures is from Elite Brands. I bought two of these yesterday for under $5.00 each at Walgreens. Seem to be another great bargain. Figured it was the perfect lighter to lite my bargain cigar. Plus they are made in the USA.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/flatsixnut/kdk_0216.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/flatsixnut/kdk_0213.jpg

My preferred drink with a cigar is usually coffee, sweet tea, or Dr. Pepper.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/flatsixnut/kdk_0215.jpg

Hope someone gets some use from my review.

Michael

kelmac07
05-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Great pics and nice review.

alley00p
05-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the great review, Michael! :tu

I've been trying to decide on buying some of these, and after your review, I think I'll pull the trigger on some Tampa Sweethearts! :ss

:dance:

flat6nut
05-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Thanks guys. My only warning would be that since these are apprentice rolled, they may vary from batch to batch. So even though all 20 sticks in my bundle appear to be very nice with no flaws...other bundle may not be as great. If I had more room to store cigars I would definitely not hesitate in buying more.

I actually had to put these sticks in a La Fontana box with a humi pack for now. I am in the hunt for a bargain humi. I know I could use a cooler, but my wife will not stand for a cooler to sit in the house, and my garage is way too hot to keep smokes.

kaelaria
05-25-2009, 09:02 PM
Great review! I have to stop up there sometime soon.

scooter
05-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Very nice review. I may have to pull the trigger on some of these.

Hitagain
05-25-2009, 09:24 PM
I have been waiting to see a review on these before I ordered some. Nice pond I wish my lilys were that big already. Thanks for the review.

longknocker
05-26-2009, 04:17 AM
Nice Review & Pics., Michael! Sounds like a good smoke!:tu

flat6nut
05-29-2009, 05:01 PM
I have smoked a couple more of these since my review...they keep getting better and better. :tu I am buying more the next free Saturday I have.:ss

G G
05-29-2009, 06:02 PM
I need to try one sounds like a great smoke.:tu

kelmac07
05-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Seems you can only buy these buy the bundle. They don't offer single sales online?

flat6nut
05-29-2009, 09:04 PM
Seems you can only buy these buy the bundle. They don't offer single sales online?

I could not even buy a single "at the factory", but $42 for 20 cigars...thats cheap enough to hand them out as business cards.

Thats actually not a bad idea...have custom bands with your company logo and contact info printed on them. Give them out in place of business cards. :D

kelmac07
05-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Care to trade a couple away?

jledou
05-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Need to break open my bundle I have sitting in the cooler now. Thanks for the review!

kelmac07
05-29-2009, 09:43 PM
Of course...I go to pull the trigger on a bundle and they sold out of the maduro.

flat6nut
05-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Care to trade a couple away?

Replied to PM.

Of course...I go to pull the trigger on a bundle and they sold out of the maduro.

Where did you try ordering from?

I smoked another one this morning at work. I can not decide which cigar tasted better today...the #500 Maduro, or the PAM 26. (serious!)

kelmac07
05-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Tried ordering from Tampa Sweethearts. Know of another place?

flat6nut
05-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Not that I would trust. I have never ordered any cigars before.
I will call them Monday...they are closed now. I need to buy a couple bundles for myself. :D

TripleF
05-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Not that I would trust. I have never ordered any cigars before.
I will call them Monday...they are closed now. I need to buy a couple bundles for myself. :D

If you have any extra's could I buy a couple from ya or trade something? Your review makes them sound tasty :tu

jjirons69
06-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Michael, thanks for letting the cat out of the bag! These are great bundle smokes and are best not advertised. Now they won't be in stock for weeks! :D

flat6nut
06-01-2009, 05:23 PM
Michael, thanks for letting the cat out of the bag! These are great bundle smokes and are best not advertised. Now they won't be in stock for weeks! :D

Yeah, I was kinda thinking that myself.;)

I actually smoked another one this morning.

shilala
06-08-2009, 09:40 AM
I usually smoke the #250 and #4 maduros.
They are absolutely incredible, and almost free. I fail to see the difference between the hemingway maduro and the #4. I believe at one time TS's website said they were rolled from the same tobacco stock, just by apprentices.
So I gathered a few bundles up. I had no idea how many I've smoked, but suffice to say I'm almost out. :)