PDA

View Full Version : The Sergio Leone Anthology

Darrell
10-18-2008, 09:25 PM
http://www.fulvuedrive-in.com/cover/SERGIOLEONEMGM.jpg

I am having surgery in a week so I have been stocking up on some old favorites that managed to escape me. I picked this up tonight at Rasputins for $59. It has A fistful of dollars, For a few dollars more, The good, the bad, and the ugly, and Duck, you sucker.

All of them are remastered with extras. This is an 8 disc set, each film has 2 discs. This is awesome and I'll do a review of the set once I finish it.

:tu:tu

Fishbeadtwo
10-18-2008, 11:18 PM
Good luck on the surgery friend! I got some flicks to lend ya if you need more movies to watch?

Darrell
10-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Good luck on the surgery friend! I got some flicks to lend ya if you need more movies to watch?

I appreciate it, Charlie. However, I have a DVD collection with well over 1500 titles so I should manage. I do appreciate it though, you're a good pal. :tu

barbourjay
10-19-2008, 07:52 AM
i want them on blu! i loved GBAU and fist full of dollars when i was younger. must have watched them 100 times each with my grandpa. good memories. did i mention clint eastwood is the man?

Darrell
10-19-2008, 06:57 PM
i want them on blu! i loved GBAU and fist full of dollars when i was younger. must have watched them 100 times each with my grandpa. good memories. did i mention clint eastwood is the man?

Yep, I hold these very close to my heart as well. Glad to see we share similar taste in cinema! :tu

MajorCaptSilly
10-19-2008, 07:13 PM
My wife got me the Dirty Harry box set for our anniversary. I haven't had a chance to crack it open yet. Love all those spaghetti westerns!

MCS

SvilleKid
10-19-2008, 07:14 PM
I guess they have stopped calling it "Fist Full of Dynamite" in favor of "Duck you Sucker". I guess "Duck" must have been the original title. Probably had to change it in the 60's or 70's for TV so it could run. Sucker was probably one of those censored words!!

Good set of movies. Should keep you watching for a while.

Jbailey
10-19-2008, 09:10 PM
I love the music of Ennio Morricone. I have Once Upon A Time In The West, The Good, The Bad And The Ugly [Expanded], The Mission, and a three disc LP set of all his stuff. There is one more I can't think of at this moment.

Definitely great tunes, every now and then I play it while I work at the shop.

hotreds
10-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I was gonna say- Once Upon a Time in the West needs to be in that anthology! Maybe because the movie itself is long enough to BE an anthology! God how I loved that movie! Remember when it came out, I was living in Paris- saw it twice!(Unheard of for me.) When I recently purchased the DVD to show to friends, I was embarrassed by how slooooow some scenes were! My friends were laughing!!

hotreds
10-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Jeez- what an AMAZING song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbq5YCIhbn0&feature=related