PDA

View Full Version : What a long strange trip it's been...

DMK
10-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Greetings all,

I was just thumbing through the old addy book (yes I keep one, don't you??)
and started to look way back at the front... I started this long journey around the fall of '03.
By the journey I mean this internet thingie of boards and newsgroups. I started on a newsgroup for info on setting up a humidor for my recent arrival of some refugees from the ISOM, and soon was on my first board. I had at that point been smoking cigars occasionally, and buying as I smoked them. My first was a small board that was close knit and a lot of fun, with exchanges, pif's and outright bombs. Made a bunch of close friends that are still with me through my travels.
Sadly that board didnt survive and most of us migrated to another, with some splitting off to a huge board where I occasionally read and post.
But yet again I moved on, a disagreement on ethics.... moved on again to another small board, where I still post and read daily. I settled (I thought) and was enjoying everything.... and then the sale.... now I'm here, I hope it's not me...'cuz if this goes down I think I'll have to take a time out from the boards:hn

So.... how many 'homes' have you had over your journey??

acruce
10-18-2008, 09:50 PM
I am a member on a few boards but by far I spend most of my free time here

OpusXtasy
10-19-2008, 10:43 AM
Usually it is best to post mainly on one board. builds your status faster and keeps you from gpoing crazy posting all over the place.:ss

OX

LkyLindy
10-19-2008, 10:48 AM
I hear ya Bro

http://www.dwaynedopsie.com/traveling_files/image001.jpg

icehog3
10-19-2008, 11:09 AM
I had a short stint on another board but CS was my home for almost 4 years.

This is home now. :)

AriesOpusX
10-19-2008, 11:23 AM
I had a short stint on another board but CS was my home for almost 4 years.

This is home now. :)

I went from CS to here cigar board wise. I can barely keep up with all the posts going on within one board nevermind anymore than that.

poker
10-19-2008, 11:34 AM
Started on newsgroup ASC (alt.smoking.cigars) then I found ICG (Internet Cigar Group). From there I was with Cigar Family, and a few others. Left all of them for CS in late 90's until recently. Currently a member of 1 private board (I think Im still a member) and now here.

DMK, we have plans on not going anywhere.