PDA

View Full Version : Verizion Netbook

GrumpyOleTroll
05-18-2009, 11:46 AM
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/hpnetbook/overview.jsp

Anyone seen this yet and have an opinion.

I don't know how much of a data plan 5gb is but I wish Verizion had an unlimited...

Come on guys let me know what you all think.

Shawn

dunng
05-18-2009, 12:56 PM
They used to have unlimited... :c

It's a good Netbook especially for the price, you just have to keep the data service for 2 years. If you are mostly just surfing and reading e-mails, 5GB should not be an issue. :ss

jledou
05-18-2009, 01:28 PM
You have to think seriously about what you really want it for. You are paying about an extra $800 over 2 years for the data services while you can get all the data through wi-fi if it is around and get the netbook for ~$300-$400.

csbrewfisher
05-18-2009, 01:29 PM
I loathe Verizon.

skullnrose
05-18-2009, 02:13 PM
If it is not your main source of internet or you are just surfing/emailing with it 5gb will be plenty. I picked up an asus 1000he netbook and use a verizon modem and find myself using the netbook over my desktop and 15inch laptop. That is a good price but be sure to type on it a bit to make sure the keyboard layout suits your needs.

GrumpyOleTroll
05-18-2009, 03:44 PM
My contract is up with ATT.

I have a HTC 8525 that I can use wirelessly and its small.

I will be doing some traveling with my side job and there is no wireless internet out there at the job site so I am going to have to sign up for a data plan somewhere. I saw this Verizion deal and will be putting my hands on it tonight or tomorrow night.

My wife also does some traveling with work and this would be a great "toy" for her to have while on business instead of getting a company laptop.

It says it will connect to Wi-fi and to the Verzion Network but I dont like the 5gb limit....I can get unlimited from ATT for $30....

Hmmmm

Thanks for your input so far!

Shawn

DBall
05-18-2009, 04:06 PM
I loathe Verizon.

Agreed... more than anything...

dunng
05-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Read the ATT fine print... :D