PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip!

BC-Axeman
05-14-2009, 09:50 PM
I'm going on a road trip with my wife in out travel trailer for 16 days starting Sat. 16. I'm taking 20 cigars but I will be lucky to smoke three or four. Still, it will be a great trip. I'll be leaving central CA to go to Bend, OR. Then to Idaho City, ID. Then to Yellowstone, Wy. Then to Rockdale, TX with a stop in Raton, NM half way. Then to southern Utah for three days. Then home.

I'm bringing:
RP American Market Dbl Corona
RP Rosado Toro
Oliva V lancero
Dom. Monte White torp
RP Edge lite
Gurkha G3
Gurkha Fuerte
La Gloria Serie R
Padron 80th figurado
Padron Ambasador
Cruzado Dominicos
2x Cohiba lanceros
RyJ Cazadores
VR Famosos
Punch RS12
Punch Black Prince
Part de Part
H. Umpann Mag50
RASS

Sounds like a strange selection but you know, "Be Prepared" and all that

Opusfxd
05-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Hmmm, that trip looks like a shot down I25 through Colorado? Doesn't look like a stop though but let us know.

BC-Axeman
05-14-2009, 10:24 PM
I have a friend (my best man) who has family in Denver and they happen to be having a reunion at the same time we are passing through, but we can only stop for a short time. Trying to do to much in one trip already.

Flying to Philly in August. Hope to meet up with some BOTLs them. :tu

white_s2k
05-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Sounds like a great trip! Safe travels bud.

Skywalker
05-14-2009, 10:37 PM
Have a great time Lance and drive safely!!!:tu

bonjing
05-14-2009, 10:55 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun with a lot to see. Drive safe and have a great trip Lance!

Savor the Stick
05-15-2009, 12:16 AM
Have a great time Lance.

Have some fun and see some of this beautiful country.

Drive Safe.

colimo
05-15-2009, 12:28 AM
I have a friend (my best man) who has family in Denver and they happen to be having a reunion at the same time we are passing through, but we can only stop for a short time. Trying to do to much in one trip already.

think you should plan to stay a day or so in denver and let the FRH show you how it is done, and visit your best man....failure to do so would be remiss...:ss

bobarian
05-15-2009, 01:57 AM
Sounds like a great trip, Lance! Have fun and stay safe!:tu

Ratters
05-15-2009, 02:08 AM
Have a great trip Lance. :tu

WildBlueSooner
05-15-2009, 05:34 AM
Have a nice trip...and smoke the cigars damnit!

BC-Axeman
05-15-2009, 07:21 AM
think you should plan to stay a day or so in denver and let the FRH show you how it is done, and visit your best man....failure to do so would be remiss...:ss
I'll be going through CO on the Fri before Memorial Day. Trying to get to central TX at a decent time on Sat. My sister has a new baby I'm going there to see.
If only I had three weeks... :ss

colimo
05-15-2009, 12:25 PM
I'll be going through CO on the Fri before Memorial Day. Trying to get to central TX at a decent time on Sat. My sister has a new baby I'm going there to see.
If only I had three weeks... :ss

perfect....we can set up a mid -late afternoon herf for a couple hours :ss

BC-Axeman
05-15-2009, 02:24 PM
I might be able to make it happen, about 50% now.

dubnick
05-15-2009, 02:25 PM

Philly Herf in August... Sounds good to me!!!

And have a nice trip!

BC-Axeman
05-15-2009, 03:36 PM
I might be able to make it happen, about 50% now.
99%:ss
PM?

karmaz00
05-15-2009, 05:55 PM
nice linup...have fun on the roady

pit bull
05-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Looks like a nice trip, but a long drive to end up in Rockdale. Have a safe trip

BC-Axeman
05-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Looks like a nice trip, but a long drive to end up in Rockdale. Have a safe trip
:r
Every drive that you end up in Rockdale is a long drive. It got longer the more we planned. If I hadn't dislocated my shoulder a few weeks ago then every stop would have had some dirt riding on the OHVs.

rennD
05-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Have a great trip Lance and smoke all 20!

skullnrose
05-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Enjoy and have a safe trip.

BC-Axeman
05-17-2009, 01:12 PM
I made it to Bend, Oregon with a side trip to Crater Lake. Gong to smoke a Cohiba now.
I got new deep cycle batteries for my trailer in Medford at Interstate Batteries. Great prices and service there.

BC-Axeman
05-20-2009, 10:32 PM
When I got to Idaho City on Monday I Went out shooting with friends there and smoked the Cruzado, which was the perfect smoke. Then on Tue. I smoked the RP Edge Lite while BBQing tri-tip, mmmmmm:dr
Now on Wen. it took me 12 hrs to get to Cody (two stops). Tomorrow we go back to the Yellowstone. The Shoshone park to the east is super beautiful.

Fishbeadtwo
05-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Sounds like a great trip so far! How about a few pics? :tu

Skywalker
05-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks for checking in Lance!!!

Sounds like you are enjoying the trip and smoking some great cigars!!!:tu

BC-Axeman
05-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Pictures are in the camera. There are a lot of great people out around the country. I so want out of California. Even though CA is a great place, too. We're going to do a lot of driving in Yellowstone today but Cody is a good place to hang out. The rodeos don't start for another week yet, but then they go all summer. Lots of history here.

BC-Axeman
05-22-2009, 09:31 PM
You could take half a day just to look through the firearm part of the Buffalo Bill museum. Another day to go through the rest of it.
I smoked the RASS this evening while walking the dog around. A relaxing, easy smoke.
Time to hit the road again early tomorrow and drive all day for two more days.

groogs
05-22-2009, 10:46 PM
Sounds like a great trip so far, just imagine what the rest of the trip will bring.

BC-Axeman
05-28-2009, 11:15 AM
Lazy days in Texas. Hot and humid. I smoked the Punch RS #12 a couple of days ago while BBQing and the Padron 80th last night while walking around my sister's ranch.
My truck is in the shop because the turbo got stuck and they had to take it apart and clean it. That is an easy job for them but I have an after market warranty and they took two days to approve it so now our stay in Utah will be a drive through Utah.