PDA

View Full Version : Buying/Selling Cigars using Electronic Payment

GreekGodX
05-13-2009, 07:23 PM
The purpose of this message is to let everyone on CA know when using pa yp al or other electronic payments not to put any mention of cigars or tobacco products in the transaction. Due to a recent transaction selling cigars, my pa yp al account was being reviewed for the possible sale of embargoed products. I definitely did not sell any CC's on there they were legitimate NC's. I was able to withdraw my funds but they were threatening to close my account if I did not provide them with info on the origin of the cigars. Also if I did not prove to them they were not embargoed, they were going to forward the case to the OFAC for further investigation. Luckily I had the receipts and sent them some pics of the cigars and everything went fine. But I do not want others to have to go through the same thing for something that can be easily avoided.

Just note electronic payment companies prohibit the sale of any cigars or tobacco products. So if you are going to make a sale or purchase cigars make sure not to mention it anywhere during the payment process.

WildBlueSooner
05-13-2009, 07:24 PM
Good reminder! Thanks!

ucla695
05-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Good reminder for all of us!

kelmac07
05-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Great info for future reference...thanks.

hotreds
05-13-2009, 07:30 PM
What a pain! Indeed, NEVER mention anything tobacco when using poo pail!

marge796
05-13-2009, 08:04 PM
Thank you my friend!

elderboy02
05-13-2009, 08:06 PM
I never mention tobacco. You don't have to write anything in the subject line ;)

SeanGAR
05-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I always mark "poo juice" in the poopal notifications. Let them come after me for that.

md4958
05-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Yup, I know the feeling. I got the same "review" a couple months ago.

Youre basically banned Christos. My account was never reactivated, nor will they let me close the account, change the bank or cc accounts, or addresses.

I tried being sneaky and opening another account. That was shut down after 2 days too.

I feel like an internet cripple now... always asking people to send and receive money for me. Its a real pain in the balls.

cricky101
05-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Yeah, I always mark "poo juice" in the poopal notifications. Let them come after me for that.

:r

PeiPahl inspector: "Man, that guy sure does buy a lot of poo juice ...."

GreekGodX
05-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Yup, I know the feeling. I got the same "review" a couple months ago.

Youre basically banned Christos. My account was never reactivated, nor will they let me close the account, change the bank or cc accounts, or addresses.

I tried being sneaky and opening another account. That was shut down after 2 days too.

I feel like an internet cripple now... always asking people to send and receive money for me. Its a real pain in the balls.

Well initially they told me multiple times that they would be closing the account, but now I got an email saying the account will stay open and all limitations will be removed. After logging into it, the account is still "limited". So I will wait and see..

I've already have been having issues with sending/receiving using others. Not fun at all.

chippewastud79
05-13-2009, 08:24 PM
A good reminder. I got a little scare from PP too when someone put cigars in mine, but luckily it made it through :tu

md4958
05-13-2009, 08:27 PM
The pain in the ass is that my issue was just that somebody put "(name) from cigar asylum" That was enough to shut me down. no other mention of cigars made

GreekGodX
05-13-2009, 08:30 PM
The pain in the ass is that my issue was just that somebody put "(name) from cigar asylum" That was enough to shut me down. no other mention of cigars made

That is B.S!! You could have been selling anything and just happened to meet the buyer through a cigar site. I cannot believe they would put you through the whole review process over that! Maybe google's payment service is better and we can make a mass move over to using them :tu

md4958
05-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Maybe google's payment service is better and we can make a mass move over to using them :tu

just signed up yesterday :tu

Anyway, good luck with your account Christos. Hopefully youll have a better outcome than me

WildBlueSooner
05-13-2009, 08:55 PM
just signed up yesterday :tu

Anyway, good luck with your account Christos. Hopefully youll have a better outcome than me

Never knew google had a pay service... I will sign up soon and try it out

Thrak
05-14-2009, 06:06 AM
You should've told them to suck it, and then close the account. You shouldnt have had to prove anything.

md4958
05-14-2009, 06:11 AM
You should've told them to suck it, and then close the account. You shouldnt have had to prove anything.

you cant close the account, because once they "limit" it, you cant do chit.

GreekGodX
05-14-2009, 07:05 AM
Yea I would have loved to just have closed it.. I don't get why they won't let you close it. The account is useless now anyway..

md4958
05-14-2009, 07:17 AM
Yea I would have loved to just have closed it.. I don't get why they won't let you close it. The account is useless now anyway..

They wont let you close it because: you cannot have two accounts with the same banking or credit card information. If they let you close the account, you can just open a new one with the old account #s.

Bastards:mad:

hey PP :fu2:

wayner123
05-14-2009, 07:20 AM
Never knew google had a pay service... I will sign up soon and try it out

Googlecheckout is a totally different setup than PP. It's much more for the online business than transactions person to person. There is really no other service quite like PP. It's a love and hate relationship (I have had friends lose literally thousands from locked accounts). Remember PP is NOT a bank and they don't have to abide by any of the rules that banks do. The best thing is to always pull your money out when you can, and be cautious.

One way to get around the whole tobacco issue is to get the PP Debit card. Since it's Visa regulated, they can't tell you what to spend it on. But yet, it uses your PP account balance.

AD720
05-14-2009, 07:23 AM
Googlecheckout is a totally different setup than PP. It's much more for the online business than transactions person to person. There is really no other service quite like PP. It's a love and hate relationship (I have had friends lose literally thousands from locked accounts). Remember PP is NOT a bank and they don't have to abide by any of the rules that banks do. The best thing is to always pull your money out when you can, and be cautious.

One way to get around the whole tobacco issue is to get the PP Debit card. Since it's Visa regulated, they can't tell you what to spend it on. But yet, it uses your PP account balance.

:tpd: No reason at all to let funds sit in there. :2

Catfish
05-14-2009, 07:28 AM
I am so sorry I caused this problem. :( :bh :fl :sad

borndead1
05-14-2009, 07:57 AM
And yet, Cigars International accepts PooPail. :confused:

I was hoping they were finally opening their eyes to how much money they were losing. Guess not.

Catfish
05-14-2009, 09:24 AM
CI probably carries some kind of bond or contract with PP promising not to sell CC's.

GreekGodX
05-14-2009, 12:42 PM
I am so sorry I caused this problem. :( :bh :fl :sad

Like I told you when we talked privately it is no big deal. Everything is handled now, I just wanted to make sure nobody else had to go through the same thing..

Thrak
05-14-2009, 03:56 PM
you could always close the accounts associated with them...

I have a seperate wachovia acct just for online stuff, and its free. Is the only acct I have with them... I'm sure they love my $0.37 average balance lol