PDA

View Full Version : Holy Snakes, Batman!

Rockestone
05-13-2009, 02:53 PM
Large discovery made on local Links

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/picture.php?albumid=64&pictureid=2071

Beau Elrod made a startling discovery on a local golf course in Greer SC on Monday. While searching for golf balls, a weekly endeavor for Beau, on Willow Creek Golf Course, Beau thought he had stepped on a rotten fallen tree limb. “it kinda smushed under my boot and I didn’t think much of it, til it began to move.” The huge reptile revealed itself from beneath the ground cover yielding an Eastern Diamond Back Rattler that is believed to be the largest of its kind ever discovered in the United States. Weighing in at a 97 lbs and 9 feet, 1 inch - it is the biggest rattler found since Ross Allen captured one in 1969 that measured 9 feet, 1 inch but only weighed 76 lbs. Beau is awaiting the final results on his record setting capture from the South Carolina Game Wardens office. The Game Wardens office spent some time Monday afternoon surveying the area with moderate concern for the existence of additional Diamond Backs of this size. “A bite sustained from a snake of this size could be fatal due to the large amount of venom this animal produces.” The discovery was made in a creek bed that runs between the 14th and 15th holes on Willow Creek Golf Course. When contacted, Willow Creek Golf Club declined to comment.

My In Laws live on the ninth hole of this course!! I will never hunt my golf ball on this course, ever again!!

:eek:

Don Fernando
05-13-2009, 02:54 PM
light up the bbq, that is some nice meat

Mugen910
05-13-2009, 02:56 PM
Note to self...do not golf at Willow Creek ever!

taltos
05-13-2009, 02:58 PM
When I was stationed at Parris Island we always took a sand wedge into the rough with us in case we ran into one of those lovelies. Hopefully we could stun it and run. Awesome looking snake.

marge796
05-13-2009, 02:59 PM
It's too bad the snake had to be killed.

Skywalker
05-13-2009, 03:02 PM
That thing is huge!!!

Think of all the gophers that thing has eaten in a lifetime!!!

What killed it? Stepping on it or something else???:confused:

Rockestone
05-13-2009, 03:03 PM
That thing is huge!!!

Think of all the gophers that thing has eaten in a lifetime!!!

What killed it? Stepping on it or something else???:confused:

It's not in the article, but I'm sure my Father In Law knows him...I'll have him find out how he died. he was alive when the man stepped on him that's for sure!

MedicCook
05-13-2009, 03:08 PM
That is a big snake. I would hate to be searching for my tee shot and have him find me.

WildBlueSooner
05-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Wow....I would have chit all over myself. That is one large snake and me and snakes mix like enchiladas, chocolate milk, and a DPG black label :r

Rockestone
05-13-2009, 04:59 PM
OK...I'm an idiot!!:rolleyes:

I found the same picture on Snopes!!

Someone will pay for this hoax!!

Sorry Guys!:r

replicant_argent
05-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Does anyone else think that guy must have steel for arms holding a 97 pound snake out at an angle like that with his body language and the right hand grip perpendicular on the grasper?

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/txsnake.asp

Rockestone
05-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Does anyone else think that guy must have steel for arms holding a 97 pound snake out at an angle like that with his body language and the right hand grip perpendicular on the grasper?

Yes. You know I'm usually really skeptical of this type of thing....Not on this one though....Hook....Line....Sinker!!

replicant_argent
05-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Yes. You know I'm usually really skeptical of this type of thing....Not on this one though....Hook....Line....Sinker!!

It's still a really big snake, and I would be out of the vicinity pretty damn quickly myself, Greg!;):lv

livwire68
05-13-2009, 07:43 PM

Just thinking that! 97 lbs. that far out held by what looks like a smaller statures guy. I would give that snake in the pic. 30 lbs. A big snake yes 97 lbs for a rattler NOOO! He must have filled him with lead first! Approx 10 lbs per foot, I call BS!

kelmac07
05-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Holy chit...that thing is HUGE!!

ucla695
05-13-2009, 07:46 PM
And I thought I only had to watch out for wayward balls. That's one lucky guy to get out of it without being bitten by that beast.

Nabinger16
05-13-2009, 07:57 PM

Same thing I thought when I saw the pic. Who says Hercules was just a Greek Myth. :r

chippewastud79
05-13-2009, 08:21 PM
I think I would have ran as fast as my fat legs could have taken me.
:lv
Thats good eating right there. :tu

Sauer Grapes
05-13-2009, 09:26 PM
Just thinking that! 97 lbs. that far out held by what looks like a smaller statures guy. I would give that snake in the pic. 30 lbs. A big snake yes 97 lbs for a rattler NOOO! He must have filled him with lead first! Approx 10 lbs per foot, I call BS!

If I saw that thing, I guarantee that the first thing I'd do is fill it with lead. :tu