PDA

View Full Version : Padilla?

Wharf Rat
05-10-2009, 03:50 PM
Anyone hear what's going on with Padilla cigars? I know they parted
company with Don Pepin and started rolling DPG's marques elsewhere. Then,
Holt's dropped the whole brand and closed them out. Now, it appears Famous
is doing the same.

What did he do? Dis the state of Pennsylvania?

Bob

Thrak
05-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Man I dont know, but I do know that CI and a bunch of other online retailers have been "blowing" them out lately... surprising to me because I like quite a few of his sticks.

weak_link
05-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Interesting. I'm also a Padilla fan so it'll be interesting to see if someone's got the scoop.

jonharky
05-10-2009, 06:21 PM
I've been digging them lately who knows...

Beagleone
05-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Had one of the new Miami Churchills a few weeks ago and loved it. Ernesto Padilla recently decided to part ways and do his own thing in a new warehouse not too far from Pepin's. As to why CI and Famous dropped his line, I am not sure. I do know he made a few serious internal changes to his organization, and this might be result of such actions.

MithShrike
05-10-2009, 10:13 PM
All I know is that it is nearly impossible to get anything from Padilla right now and it is very frustrating.

wshan
05-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Puff's here in Atlanta has some Padilla stuff on sale.

Made in Dade
05-11-2009, 08:13 AM
Had one of the new Miami Churchills a few weeks ago and loved it. Ernesto Padilla recently decided to part ways and do his own thing in a new warehouse not too far from Pepin's. As to why CI and Famous dropped his line, I am not sure. I do know he made a few serious internal changes to his organization, and this might be result of such actions.

Right across the street and a few blocks down. Was at his shop two weeks ago. Wonderful place. His cigars are hard to find, I think Ernesto likes that.

DougBushBC
05-11-2009, 08:31 AM
I have really been digging the new Miami Padillas. They aren't so hard to find here in Palm Beach, but they are still great smokes. Not sure why he is upsetting the onliners.

Skywalker
05-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Am I missing something???:confused: I see Padilla all over CI!

Just bought some '68s!!!

NCRadioMan
05-11-2009, 08:39 AM
Am I missing something???:confused: I see Padilla all over CI!

Just bought some '68s!!!
I'll bet Beagleone meant to say Holt's not CI. :)

ytodd
05-11-2009, 09:20 AM
I really like the 68's, the 32's and the Habanos. Been finding them on cbid for great prices.

Totemic
05-11-2009, 09:38 AM
I'll bet Beagleone meant to say Holt's not CI. :)

I have however, noticed an increase in Padilla sales on both CI & CBid. Is it just CI having an inside track with Padilla or are they trying to dump some inventory?

In the meantime, I'm gobbling up as many of the new Miami's as my coolers can hold. Those are damn fine cigars--in my opinion, better than the old Pepin blend.

I just snagged 20 Miami robustos from Cigar.com's daily special (5 for $20).

eboniknight
05-13-2009, 09:37 AM
I like Padilla smokes too. The ones I have had have been great and I have a few Obsidian's resting in the humi now. Wonder what the deal is? :confused:

Totemic
05-13-2009, 10:07 AM
Ironically, the older Padillas in my mind weren't worth the price they were asking. They were good cigars, but the retail prices were in the $8+/cigar range (for the 32's and Miami's). But the new blends, while their "official" retail prices are still pretty high, with CI (and it's various outfits) selling them on "deals", they are now about $4/cigar which makes them very reasonable.

It would suck if this was just CI dumping their inventory since now that I've kind of gotten used to having Miamis and 32's at $4 a pop, I'm not sure I could stomach paying twice that for the same cigars. Most likely, I'll just go back to smoking 601s for my daily Pepin fix.