PDA

View Full Version : "Home Improvement"/Tim Allen on Wikipedia

kzm007
05-08-2009, 10:10 PM
"Timothy "Tim The Tool Man" Taylor is the main character on the American television sitcom Home Improvement, portrayed by Tim Allen, from which his first name and alma mater (Western Michigan University) are derived."

I guess that last bit throws me off for whatever reason, and it doesn't help that I'm bored and asking for help in the first place :D could somebody re-word the statement for me please? I can't see the connection between Home Improvement and WMU.

If somebody could clarify, I would appreciate it :) thanks.

Kegan

icehog3
05-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Maybe they are saying he is a Tool (man) for attending WMU? :)

kzm007
05-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Tim Allen went to WMU...

*long pause*

So you were right :r he is a tool.

You said attending, so I thought I'd see where he attended in real-life.

icehog3
05-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Tim Allen went to WMU...

*long pause*

So you were right :r he is a tool.

You said attending, so I thought I'd see where he attended in real-life.

Truth is stranger than fiction! :r

kzm007
05-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Indeed :) it just didn't sound like it was worded properly. And I have no idea how I go from casually watching it to Googling it...I should just have a smoke and ignore random acts of late-night boredom. Thanks again though.

alley00p
05-08-2009, 10:38 PM
I know the "Tool Man" used to wear sweatshirts and T-shirts from WMU during his show....

I can't explain the reference in Wikipedia. :confused:

I do know from working in a Library setting for the last 7 years that you can make most reference librarians go nuts by suggesting that they look something up in 'Wikipedia'. :r

:dance:

kzm007
05-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Tim Taylor - played by Tim Allen, who went to WMU; on the show, TT also received an honorary degree from there. So, his first name and alma mater were thus derived.

It's just a phrasing issue I think; I had to look on Tim Allen's page to find the extra info :D still love Wikipedia though, I know the librarians don't lol