PDA

View Full Version : EO Panama Red blend #5

The Saint
05-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Size: Torpedo 7 X 52
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano
Binder: Nicaraguan
Filler: Nicaraguan and Panamanian (hence Panama Red)

Pre-light: EO's "Bundle in a box" cigar, Panama Red is a medium filler budget cigar($30 for 25). I has one UGLY wrapper; splotchy, wrinkled and it looks like the roller "stretched" it to make it fit and it didn't quite work. It has a very odd aroma, I can't even begin to describe it. They claim it to be med-full, but it looks and smells light.

First impressions: Very thin and some what fragile wrapper, ash is flaky but a beautiful white. The burn so far is good, a little rocky at first, but it corrected itself quickly. Mild in body, flavors are creamy and woody.

Halftime: Still has a decent burn which I didn't expect since its medium filler. The woody flavor has moved to a spicy creamy mix. Now I'm starting to understand why they called it med-full, its moving up the scale quickly.

The finish: The burn finished even, with quite a bit of flaking. Medium-full to full bodied; spicy, creamy and damn tasty. I burned this one down to the nub.

Summary: I was a bit skeptical about this cigar, but I was very impressed. Decent construction, great flavor and for a little more than a buck a stick this ones a keeper.

The Saint's Halo Chart:
Construction: 6 halos out of 10
Flavor: 7 halos out of 10
Value: 8 halos out of 10

BlackIrish
05-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Interesting. Thanks for the review!

scooter
05-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the review. Sounds like you enjoyed the cigar.

DAFU
05-11-2009, 05:35 AM
I may pick up a box just to say I have some..................:cool2:

Skywalker
05-11-2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the review!!!

I'm gonna have to check these out!!!:tu