He just don't get it, he's washed up :confused:

ucla695
05-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I'm getting sick of this guy.

JohnnyFlake
05-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Just a matter of time. :wo

I hope your right!!!

As old as he is, I love watching him play. He is far from washed up as many people who don't understand the difference between a player with heart and a player who plays the game just for the money!!!

Emjaysmash
05-06-2009, 07:40 PM
Bah....AGAIN???!!!

loki
05-06-2009, 07:43 PM
can we put a hold on all favre talk till something actually freakin happens!

Bruins Fan
05-06-2009, 07:45 PM
The guy is a coach killer, he just can't play in a system.
His teammates on the jets hated him.

elderboy02
05-06-2009, 07:51 PM
I am sick and tired of this drama queen every year. :mad:

WildBlueSooner
05-06-2009, 08:06 PM
I am sick and tired of this drama queen every year. :mad:

:tpd:

However, Favre and AD+Viking Defense=Super Bowl Contenders!

replicant_argent
05-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Yeah... Jesse Ventura..... Al Franken... and now Fav-ray?

Yes, folks, MN is the laughingstock of the nation in some way shape or form yet again.
I was thinking of a leper/mime/John for the next governor.

jamesb3
05-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Don't care

icehog3
05-06-2009, 08:22 PM
Lemme know if the Bears sign him to back up Cutler....otherwise, I don't care either. :r

GreekGodX
05-06-2009, 08:55 PM
He is just dragging this out way too far. Retire and stay retired!!!

Queen James
05-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Vikings...really?! I use to LOVE this man, now he's definitely lost my respect. Should have stayed in Mississippi fishing and actually spending time with his family like he originally planned. I will laugh when he's wearing purple and sits the bench because the old man can't play a whole season. Hero to zero. I think at this point I'd rather be a BEARS fan!!!!! :c

replicant_argent
05-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Vikings...really?! I use to LOVE this man, now he's definitely lost my respect. Should have stayed in Mississippi fishing and actually spending time with his family like he originally planned. I will laugh when he's wearing purple and sits the bench because the old man can't play a whole season. Hero to zero. I think at this point I'd rather be a BEARS fan!!!!! :c

I assume that your Husband is a Bears fan, treading lightly may help marital bliss....

:D

Queen James
05-06-2009, 09:01 PM
I assume that your Husband is a Bears fan, treading lightly may help marital bliss....

:D

Hey sassy pants, I was just venting! Besides, I don't pick a team based on a guy or what color uniforms they wear! I mean Tom is a Cubs fan but I'll always be a Brewer fan :)

icehog3
05-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Hey sassy pants, I was just venting! Besides, I don't pick a team based on a guy or what color uniforms they wear! I mean Tom is a Cubs fan but I'll always be a Brewer fan :)

I'd switch for you, Sam. ;)

Emjaysmash
05-06-2009, 10:02 PM
I think at this point I'd rather be a BEARS fan!!!!! :c

Those are some strong words!!!

Is Tom really a Bears Fan??!

...GO PACK!!

MNSmoker
05-06-2009, 10:08 PM
He just don't get it, he's washed up :confused:

I don't think he's washed up. Here are a couple of statistics from the last couple of seasons:

Greenbay 2007 w/Favre:
13 Wins - 3 Losses
435 points for / 291 points against

Greenbay 2008 without/Favre:
6 Wins - 10 Losses
419 points for / 380 points against

Jets 2007 without/Favre:
4 Wins - 12 Losses
268 points for / 355 points against

Jets 2008 w/Favre:
9 Wins - 7 Losses
405 points for / 356 points against

He is far from washed up as many people who don't understand the difference between a player with heart and a player who plays the game just for the money!!!

Agreed. I think his hatred for Ted Thompson is enough to bring the best out of Favre. It sounds like Favre wants to play for Minnesota just as badly as Childress does. And according to NFL sources, Favre is agreeable to undergoing a surgery to complete the cutting of the tendon in his bicep.

However, Favre and AD+Viking Defense=Super Bowl Contenders!

I hope so brother! :tu Even if we do get Favre and he plays well, I still have to keep in mind that I'm a Minnesota sports fan and inevitably my heart will get ripped out at some point in the season. But whatever happens, it will be unbelievably awesome to see Favre play the Pack in Lambeau wearing a Vikes jersey. :D

Queen James
05-07-2009, 09:20 AM
But whatever happens, it will be unbelievably awesome to see Favre play the Pack in Lambeau wearing a Vikes jersey. :D

That's just plain mean!

RevSmoke
05-07-2009, 10:09 AM
I loved Brett, but I am first of all a Packer fan. I wanted him to come back, but I also realized some things were going on that needed to be worked out.

Here is a summary of how I see this whole mess - from the beginning.

For three years, Green Bay put everything on hold while the man made a decision whether to play or retire. Their free agency moves and draft picks were made figuring he'd be in the mix.

In 2008, they pushed him to make a decision, yes. But Green Bay asked him - three times, if he was coming back - they wanted him to do so. Three times he said, "NO!" Then, made an emotional, tear-jerking announcement as such.

In the free agency market and draft of 2008, the made their moves, building a team "knowing" (by Brett's own announcement) that they would not have #4 in the line-up.

Then, he wants to come back. GB says, "We've made our moves without you. We've built a team that doesn't revolve around you. If you want to come back, realize that."

Brett, "I want to come back, but on my terms. If I cannot, then let me go."

And now, he wants to stick it to the Packers? OK, to Ted Thompson? I just don't get that.

14holestogie
05-07-2009, 10:17 AM
I loved Brett, but I am first of all a Packer fan. I wanted him to come back, but I also realized some things were going on that needed to be worked out.

Here is a summary of how I see this whole mess - from the beginning.

For three years, Green Bay put everything on hold while the man made a decision whether to play or retire. Their free agency moves and draft picks were made figuring he'd be in the mix.

In 2008, they pushed him to make a decision, yes. But Green Bay asked him - three times, if he was coming back - they wanted him to do so. Three times he said, "NO!" Then, made an emotional, tear-jerking announcement as such.

In the free agency market and draft of 2008, the made their moves, building a team "knowing" (by Brett's own announcement) that they would not have #4 in the line-up.

Then, he wants to come back. GB says, "We've made our moves without you. We've built a team that doesn't revolve around you. If you want to come back, realize that."

Brett, "I want to come back, but on my terms. If I cannot, then let me go."

And now, he wants to stick it to the Packers? OK, to Ted Thompson? I just don't get that.

A great player? Yes.

Still some gas in the tank?
Perhaps.

A mature team player?
Not a prayer.

He could have retired as an icon (and probably still will be considered one after all the smoke has cleared), but he has certainly burned some bridges along the way.

I wish him well and in the right system with a team around him, he may be able to help. The Vikings fit that bill.

Genetic Defect
05-07-2009, 10:39 AM
I want a cookie :mad:

Genetic Defect
05-07-2009, 10:56 AM
A great player? Yes.

Still some gas in the tank?
Perhaps.

A mature team player?
Not a prayer.

He could have retired as an icon (and probably still will be considered one after all the smoke has cleared), but he has certainly burned some bridges along the way.

I wish him well and in the right system with a team around him, he may be able to help. The Vikings fit that bill.

:eek: which team were you on?

wshan
05-10-2009, 10:57 PM
I hope he does come back and play for the vikings...I think Harvin gets rookie of the year awards then.

WildBlueSooner
05-12-2009, 08:02 PM
So looks like he send his X-rays to the Vikes after saying he was for sure not coming out.
More drama!

http://huskerfan1.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/favre-drama.jpg

Genetic Defect
05-12-2009, 10:11 PM
hello, lets fan the fire:rolleyes:

jledou
05-13-2009, 06:31 AM
Farve drops back ... throws the long ball ... and it's complete for a 20 yard gain!

" ... don't go away mad ... just go away ..."

catchy song tune if I remember right :D

Parshooter
05-13-2009, 09:51 AM
I would love to be at Lambeau if he comes back as a Viking.

kelmac07
05-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Two words...STAY RETIRED!!!

WildBlueSooner
05-24-2009, 06:51 AM
Two words...STAY RETIRED!!!

The Poet
06-06-2009, 11:29 AM
A man is entitled to a job, if he's still able to work - don't matter if he's a QB or a plumber. Besides, he spent last year as my neighbor (well, sort of), and everybody in these parts had nothing but nice things to say about him. They thought he was a dumb redneck, but a nice one.