PDA

View Full Version : Grad School and MOVING!!

ambientboy
05-05-2009, 02:37 PM
It FINALLY happened. After taking years off and working and changing teachers and coaches, performing and acting a bit, I'm finally heading off to grad school.

So my wife and I will be trekking out to Kansas City most likely the first week in July (yes, I'm aware it's a hell of a time to move to KC...literally). 2 years will be the duration of time spent as MO residents and I trust it will be grand. I look forward to meeting fellow BOTL inmates in KC, and will sorely miss my regular North Eastern Herfing Crew!

Does a masters in vocal performance mean I will stop smoking cigars?! OF COURSE NOT. I haven't purchased cigars in forever, partly because I am broke trying save for a crosscountry move, and also because I don't rock the cooler. My cigars will have to cozy into small traveledors so as to be safest. This means once I'm there, I'll have to check out the local KC B&Ms, so any advice would be stellar.

I don't know how to thank the tight crew here in NY and just across the border.

Mike, you've always been just the perfect level of JackAss, so thanks for always supplying the assorted forbidden candies and smokables and hilarious times.

Jeff, I can't thank you enough for allowing me to swing by anytime I did a little cross-Ontario jaunt back and forth to Michigan. Between the boring drives and the crazy storms, I always looked forward to our mini-herfs.

Mark, I may not answer my phone...ever...but we do always have a blast when we herf it up. Even last-minute smoke-at-my-brother's-house-right-this-very-second opportunities and drives up to Canada in a packed-to-the-gills Civic with probably too much weight in it. Also, you're a bastage for forcing Opus X upon me and opening my eyes to a whole new flavor of addiction. Many thanks.

Scott, It's been too long my friend, since we've had conversations covering Star Wars to pimped out rides in front of Ball's place lasting till 2am. Hopefully we can get together for a final send-off herf!

Rob, why have we yet to wear that same track jacket coordinatedly? Remember the time you had your first Cuban? I believe that was the first time we chilled at Moes. The night that started it all. Thanks for your surprisingly clean and good natured addition to our crew.

Ryan, i owe it to Ball to bring a Yaris-driver into my small circle of friends with whom I smoke. Between Moe's, Wii, weddings, random meetings at PPub with tiny blondes who hook us up, and damn good cigars, I don't doubt there will still be quality times ahead even after the move.

Dan Ball... well, this part could sound like a sappy love note involving phallic-shaped objects we put in our mouths, but I'm not going to go there...even though I txt like a woman. Thanks for introducing me to CS and taking me under your smoky wings, offering many sticks and then kicking me doubt the Slope into Castro's previous domain. We've smoked some absolutely unbelievable cigars together. Combine those sticks along with that balcony, and the ridiculous humor of the two Dans smoking together, well, you get memories that will be real highlights of my Rochester times. I'm going to miss those obscure 9pm "Yo, get your ass over here. We're smoking tonight" voicemails. You've been a kick ass friend over the years, and I fully expect that to continue. Thanks man.

And to Kansas City I go...in July. But in the meantime, the Tulip Twins will hit ROC on their World Tour, and I plan on packing in as many herfing options as possible. Sadly, I do believe I will be unable to make Shack this year, and for that I am greatly pained. Don't forget me..the Internet!

galaga
05-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Good luck and congrats on graduate school

RHNewfie
05-05-2009, 02:40 PM
Congrats Dan! I know you will do well! The (garage) door is always open for when you swing by again!! There are some great KC Botls on the board for you to meet up with as well!!

wayner123
05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Congrats Dan!! ANd Godspeed in your endeavors!

Volt
05-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Good luck out there. Visit Tabb and Crystal.

MedicCook
05-05-2009, 02:47 PM
Good luck with Grad school.

GKitty
05-05-2009, 02:52 PM
KC waits to welcome you!!

We've got a monthly herf (2nd Saturday) and a number of characters to delight, amuse, and unsettle. We've no shortage of B&Ms, one of which has been called "Nirvana" by a recent visitor. I have no doubt you'll find KC an interesting stop on the journey of life.

July is not too bad until the end, but the first few weeks of August will usually melt your face off.

"Visit Tabb and Crystal"?!?! How did Tabb and I become the KC Welcome Committee?

hotreds
05-05-2009, 02:58 PM
All the best!

DBall
05-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Indeed brother... we'll be smoking something stellar before you leave, too. :D

WildBlueSooner
05-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Congrats and good luck!

pnoon
05-05-2009, 05:21 PM
All the best, Dan. I sure hope your move still allows you to attend Shack Herf V in August.

tuxpuff
05-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Congrats and good luck!

GWN
05-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Great news Dan. Best of luck!

BeerAdvocate
05-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Welcome to the nieghborhood. One thing you have to look forward to are the events that the Outlaw puts on. You wont find a bigger and better cigar party!
Let me know when you arrive!

ambientboy
05-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Welcome to the nieghborhood. One thing you have to look forward to are the events that the Outlaw puts on. You wont find a bigger and better cigar party!
Let me know when you arrive!

I've heard some pretty stellar things. Looking forward to it!

Mugen910
05-06-2009, 12:51 PM
best of luck to you Dan...:tu

Smokin Gator
05-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Congrats, best of luck, and great job on the thanks to friends.

Hardcz
05-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Congrats! Still wish you were going to U of M

ambientboy
05-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Congrats! Still wish you were going to U of M

I really wanted to. I actually got accepted there too! They just weren't willing to FUND my education... KC was.