PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me

SmokinCozy
05-04-2009, 09:51 AM
I am finding that I like a lot of cigars ROTT. When a box arrives, I can't help it and need to give it a go right away and I'm usually very happy with the out come. When going back to them after a few months, it just isn't the same. Now there are a lot of sticks that I would rather have aged but I'm lovin' most of these ROTT :dr

BORIStheBLADE
05-04-2009, 11:14 AM
I couldn't wait when I received my 08 Boli Gigantes and I was pretty happy.

JJG
05-04-2009, 11:56 AM
I like to smoke one right out of the mailbox usually. sort of tradition for me, but lately I find they taste a little better after a few weeks.

I think it depends a lot on the vendor too. If they arrive dry that's great! but lately it seems like everything I get in the mail is sopping wet.

karmaz00
05-04-2009, 04:41 PM
i usually wait a couple weeks...but it so tempting all the time

gnukfu
05-04-2009, 08:02 PM
When I get something new I usually try one as soon as I get em...

TripleF
05-04-2009, 08:05 PM
When I get something new I usually try one as soon as I get em...

:tpd:

rrplasencia
05-04-2009, 10:46 PM
i have very little will power when i get mail. i tried a punch right out of the box, the same one from the same place that you sent me. and i had the same problem, two weeks later they're fine. i'll get tired of the new stuff and forget about it.

ucla695
05-05-2009, 07:35 PM
I haven't liked mine ROTT and usually let them rest for a month or so. :)

coty
01-29-2012, 03:18 AM
I smoke it at the mail box before I even get a chance to walk down the drive way! I have no will power what so ever! however to solve the problem,just buy aged boxes they are ready to go when they arrived and a xikar will take care of the wetness!

Big Maduro
01-29-2012, 03:15 PM
I will smoke one right away. I've never had a bad one. They do get better after a couple of weeks.

colinb913
01-29-2012, 03:55 PM
I generally try one ROTT to see it progress as it ages.
Posted via Mobile Device

icehog3
01-29-2012, 05:13 PM
A lot of the cigars I have bought the last couple of years have been wonderful ROTT. Some stay wonderful, and some take a step backwards and go to the back of the humi for a nap.

cobra03
01-29-2012, 06:55 PM
A lot of the cigars I have bought the last couple of years have been wonderful ROTT. Some stay wonderful, and some take a step backwards and go to the back of the humi for a nap.

:tpd: I have had a few that I wish I would have keep smoking ROTT. they never quite tasted as good again.

CigarSquid
01-29-2012, 07:15 PM
Mine normally sit for at least a week. I don't think I ever tried one ROTT.

kuzi16
01-29-2012, 07:45 PM
taste is more than just what your senses perceive.
if you are very excited to get that box in, when you do your mind is in a very good place. you smoke one of em in that good place and there you go... good cigar. a few months later you grab another one and the thrill oif opening the box has worn off... its only ok in comparison.

... its a theory anyway.

Crownedone
01-29-2012, 07:52 PM
I always try something ROTT but unfortunately recently the smokes have been coming in over humidified so they end up in the humi for as much time as needed.

tx_tuff
01-30-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't buy that much through the mail, but rather it's from the mailbox or the B&M I'm smoking them when I get them. If it's a cigar I really like it is very hard to keep any to age!

Blak Smyth
01-30-2012, 11:30 AM
I try to let mine rest and adjust to my humi settings. I have had many ROTT that had serious burn issues. I have had a few that where just fine though, I think it is hit or miss.

Doctorossi
01-30-2012, 12:10 PM
I honestly can't think of the last time I smoked something within 6 months of putting it in the humi. :sh

coty
01-31-2012, 10:57 AM
I just wanna add that buying though the mail is great but also support your local B&M, we need the buisness now more than ever.

schollianmj
01-31-2012, 06:50 PM
taste is more than just what your senses perceive.
if you are very excited to get that box in, when you do your mind is in a very good place. you smoke one of em in that good place and there you go... good cigar. a few months later you grab another one and the thrill oif opening the box has worn off... its only ok in comparison.

... its a theory anyway.

yep. part if it is the mental thing. another part is that later down the line you remember the excitement of the fresh box and how good it was, but alas now the stick has aged a bit/gotten wetter or drier from your humi/absorbed traces of flavor from other sticks in your humi and mentally you are expecting the ROTT flavor profile but it has changed. so now your mind tells you that it is not what you expected.

that said I always smoke ROTT. I tend not to buy a LOT of sticks (granted I just bought another 150 cap humi cause my other was full and so were my tupperdores) but I seldom buy more than a 5er of any one stick at a time. I never smoke the same stick twice in a week, so I never get notions stuck in my mind as to how a stick should taste. My notebook simply states if it was good, great, yummy or fantabulous. or varrying shades of bad down to dogrocket...