PDA

View Full Version : I've never liked coffee before . .

Kyle Hunter
05-01-2009, 05:39 AM
I never did like coffee and I haven't tried a cup in years. I've grown up a little bit, found cigars only a year and a half ago, and I figure maybe my tastes have changed some since last trying it. I decided I would give it another try when I went in to work 2 hours early once this week. Well I kinda like it and am interested in exploring it a little further so I think I'll have to start snooping around here in my free time and see if I can't learn something.

leasingthisspace
05-01-2009, 06:30 AM
Welcome to the worldful world of coffee. Watch out for this slope cause it is just as bad as the cigar if not worse. I enjoy my little stovetop expresso maker alot. I need to try out some freshly brewed beans and see what kind out difference that makes on the overall cup, but for now I am happy with the cup I get from that.

Mister Moo
05-01-2009, 06:43 AM
The distance between "coffee" and "quality coffee beans freshly roasted, freshly ground and properly prepared" is light years apart where taste is concerned.

Fortunately, the degree of difficulty for preparation between the worst and the best doesn't differ too much. Find you a local or regional roaster and get some known fresh roast; grind coffee just before use and brew it in a french press ($20 if you don't already have a Bodum press) according to the best practices (which means, pour water over the coffee 20-seconds after it stop boiling).

Voila! New coffee worlds abound.

germantown rob
05-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Me likey coffee aloty.

Great time to decide to try coffee. Plenty of info and sources and gadgets and don't forget about the caffeine, :wo.

I was about 19 when I had my 1st latte, didn't even know it was coffee, after 6 of them I was asking if this latte thing was legal. Now you can keep the milk and the sugar and I will sip away at the amber nectar all day.

Volt
05-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Mmmmmm coffee. made as it should be - in a 30 cup percolator with the grounds right out of an 20 lb aluminum can. Worked for me for 20 years while in the Navy.

germantown rob
05-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Mmmmmm coffee. made as it should be - in a 30 cup percolator with the grounds right out of an 20 lb aluminum can. Worked for me for 20 years while in the Navy.

I pooped in a hole and bathed in streams for a few years and that worked fine but I sure don't turn down hot water and a flushing toilet when around them.

Tazziedevil
06-11-2009, 11:15 PM
And always listen to mister moo. That guy knows his stuff
Posted via Mobile Device

TanithT
06-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Feel free to bug me for some home roast; I have a Genecafe (the semi-pro model) and a talent for making nice blends to match food and cigars. Trade ya something or other, or just cover shipping costs, and I'll happily share.

You must have a grinder though. Coffee loses a lot within a minute of being ground, so I'll only send whole beans.

ashtonlady
06-12-2009, 05:12 PM

Hmmm, that was stuff to keep you awake for 20 hours at a time. It was not coffee.

shaggy
06-14-2009, 10:00 AM
coffee good

blooz4u
06-14-2009, 10:23 AM
I drink the Community Coffee - New Orleans Blend just about everyday!

Love that chicory!