PDA

View Full Version : Asylum meet Abigail our 4 legged new family member

Junior
04-30-2009, 08:25 AM
We are a very lucky family. I was out inspecting houses on Monday when I found out that the people ran a rescue/shelter dog program. I walked in, and there was Abigail a Golden Retrever.

She has had a tough 8 years so far being chained outside for most of it with a house to small for her to get in. We had been considering a dog for a long time, because out German Sheppard died of liver cancer 6 years ago. I knew instantly that she was the one. I went home picked up the family to all go out to meet her. Within minutes the deal was sealed. My boys fell in love with her, and she had taken to them. Now she will get the love and attention that she has missed, and deserves. We still have a few issues to work out. With her being chained for so long she will take off if off of the leash, and she is still not eating much. We are putting in a underground fence for the roaming, and hopefully it is a trust thing on the eating issue.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/junior897/Abby1.jpg

AD720
04-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Congrats!

When we are ready for a pup I'm hoping for a Golden.

Mugen910
04-30-2009, 08:28 AM
That's a great lookin dog.

ahc4353
04-30-2009, 08:29 AM
Congratulations!!

Goldens are fantastic dogs! We have one named Max.

You and your family have done a wonderful thing.

ade06
04-30-2009, 08:31 AM
Congrats! Goldens are my favorite dogs. I've had 2 in the past.

68TriShield
04-30-2009, 08:33 AM
Very noble of you my friend.

I'd like to chain up everyone that makes a animal live on a chain. :mad:

MedicCook
04-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Cognrats on the new dog. She is beautiful.

Junior
04-30-2009, 09:00 AM
To be honest with you I was looking for a Labrador Retriever, but knew we wanted a rescue dog. I grew up with my black lab Micky. We hunted together roamed, the farm, he even slept on the foot of my bed until he was to old to get up on the bed. When I saw Abigail that all changed. To look into those sad little eyes and it broke my heart, and that was it she had to come home with us.

She is the most gentle dog I have ever been around. She just lets our youngest love all over her. He hugs on her, and they have a grand old time.

kaelaria
04-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Love it! My dad had a gorgeous one!