PDA

View Full Version : Goviado Belicoso

wayner123
04-30-2009, 06:38 AM
So I decided to smoke the Goviado before I tried any of the Reserva Mira Flor's. From what I recall the Goviado is a Mira Flor but with a rosado wrapper. To me that usually means excess spice. However, it was a balanced spice as my review shows:

Appearance/Construction: Looked more like a Torpedo than a Belicoso. It had a very nice sheen on the wrapper and was slightly box pressed. Besides the label it would be very hard to distinguish from the Reserva Mira Flor.

Prelight Draw: Faint pepper flavor

First Impressions: At first, it had a really loose draw. I was concerned that I would not be able to smoke it properly.

Smoking: The cigar lit up well enough and off to the races I went. The first third was almost all Spice. But it was an interesting spice that went in between a chile pepper and black pepper. The second third, I could taste more tobacco and a slight sweetness. All mixed well together. The last 3rd was great as most all of the flavors blended nicely. Spice (chile and black pepper) with a sweet tobacco taste, and hints of leather. This combo made for a nice twang.

Final Comments: I really enjoyed this smoke. In one word it was unique. While I could pull out certain flavors, they were unique in how they were displayed and tasted. The really loose draw tightened up a bit once I got an inch into the stick and really allowed me to smoke it at my pace. I'll give it a solid 8/10. I have some more (looking forward to the lancero) and I can see the score going up, once I get a better idea of the unique balance of flavors.

ChicagoWhiteSox
04-30-2009, 10:33 AM
thanks for the review:tu

AndyMadera
04-30-2009, 11:56 AM
thanks for the review Wayner123, Im glad you liked. Its been a while since I have seen a review pop up on the boards and it was a nice surprise to get one of the goviado. Thanks again, looking forward to your lancero experience.

Andy

scooter
04-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the review. I will look for some.

wayner123
04-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the review. I will look for some.

Look up above you ^^ That guy (AndyMadera) is the owner of the company that makes them.

AndyMadera
04-30-2009, 09:22 PM
BTW Goviado and Reserva MiraFlor are stand alone blends, you will see the diff when you smoke the RMF! please feel free to post a review of that as well. they have different profiles. but BOTH nicaraguan Puros

Andy