PDA

View Full Version : great pipe

davearob
04-22-2009, 11:52 AM
I originally sent this as a PM to Sr Mike. After thinking about it for I while I thought I would share it with you guys. Mike is a great BOTL and deserve some praise for helping a novice pipe smoker by making me some excellent pipes..... Probably just kicked me down another slippery slope LOL.

Hi Mike
Just thought I would send you a note to let you know how your pipes are working out. The bent pipe is finally breaking in and has become an excellent pipe. I didn't realize what broken in meant until the last 3 or 4 bowls I have had with this pipe. Initially I kept it down to 1/2 bowls then worked up to full bowl. I decided early on to stick to one type of tobacco because of my inexperience and what I have read about ghosting etc. I settled on bald headed teacher from 4 noggins because I really enjoyed it in a cob. Since the bent became broken in I can't believe how much better this blend is in it vs the cob. There is zero tongue bite and it remains lit until the end. The 1/2 rusticated is also turning into a great pipe but the bent is just a little more natural feeling in my hand.

Any ways thanks for the great pipes. I hope you keep up with your craft.
Take Care
Dave

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3642/3345290405_6599eccfe1.jpg

RHNewfie
04-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Mike is indeed a top notch dude!! I wanted to try my hand at carving so he hooked me up with a briar he bored and a stem. Then, when I couldn't find carnauba wax in Canada he sent me some of that as well!!

Mike is an awesome guy and makes some awesome pipes!!

Professor Mike
04-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Very nice,beautiful pieces of functional art. Mega Cudos to Sr. Mike.

Prof. Mike

kzm007
04-24-2009, 12:22 PM
Love that beauty on the bottom especially! :tu