PDA

View Full Version : football question

DrDubzz
04-21-2009, 02:50 PM
I am in a football sim, have been in the league since 99, and our draft is coming up in two weeks (which means last year's real life rookies are our rookies this year)

I'm attempting to trade up to the #2 pick which would let me pick either Ryan Clady or Jake Long

who do you think will have a better pro career? Clady plays in a Denver system that glorifies OL guys (as far as simulation ratings go), but Long is probably the better talent

so who would you take as your OL cornerstone?

St. Lou Stu
04-21-2009, 02:58 PM
At this stage of the game, I would take Long, hands down.

Glorification and atmosphere can't replace raw talent.

jledou
04-21-2009, 03:01 PM
The system in Denver is changing or will change pretty soon, so I would probably take Long at this point.

DrDubzz
04-21-2009, 03:02 PM
I should add, for this season, Clady is a 9-9-9 (total-run-pass) and Long is an 8-8-8

Curly Cut
04-21-2009, 03:07 PM
i'm sure you points system is based on offensive production, right?
will the Dolphins become an offensive powerhouse with their current coaching philosophy, or will the Broncos continue to make points at will with their new coaching staff (and lack of defensive talent)?
i'd take Clady.

add to the fact, if your league takes away points for sacks allowed, Clady doesn't face a single intimidating defensive end in the AFC west, where the AFC east has all kinds of defensive talent.

sometimes the lack of defense is a good thing for your offensive talents, they gotta keep up with the other team if their D can't stop anyone.

just my :2

DrDubzz
04-21-2009, 03:15 PM
this is the software used

http://www.dksports.com/

making all-pro team or pro-bowl will rate you between an 8-10, otherwise they look at pancakes, sacks etc. I'm not 100% sure how the ratings are made though

WildBlueSooner
04-21-2009, 03:29 PM
i'm sure you points system is based on offensive production, right?
will the Dolphins become an offensive powerhouse with their current coaching philosophy, or will the Broncos continue to make points at will with their new coaching staff (and lack of defensive talent)?
i'd take Clady.

add to the fact, if your league takes away points for sacks allowed, Clady doesn't face a single intimidating defensive end in the AFC west, where the AFC east has all kinds of defensive talent.

sometimes the lack of defense is a good thing for your offensive talents, they gotta keep up with the other team if their D can't stop anyone.

just my :2

:tpd: