PDA

View Full Version : Went fishing on a 2 day trip, need some recipes

livwire68
04-20-2009, 03:03 PM
My Wife, Son and I just got back from a 2 day fishing trip off the coast of Ca. Needless to say fishing was great, mostly rock fish, white fish and a couple ling cod. So I will be eating fish quite a bit this year (Wife limited, so did the Kid and I got at least double that) yea a fishing machine I was! So now I am going to ask for recipes so that we can enjoy the catch! I had so much I gave the neighbor a 2 gallon bag of fillets and about 6 small whole fish. I have broke down about 9 gallon bags worth of fillets for us and a bag of small whole fish.

TripleF
04-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Congrats bro!!!

All I do, crumble up some Saltines (the ones we used to eat with Campbells tomato soup when we were kids) real, real fine. Add your dry seasoning here - whatever you like, spicy, generic, etc. Mix it up real good with a fork.

Get the griddle hot with some cooking oil.

Cracks open a few eggs. Scramble 'em up.

Dip the fish in the eggs, dip the fish in the crackers seasonings, drop in the oil. Let cook for a couple minutes. Cool a little and enjoy!! :D

Can I come over? ;)

Dooge
04-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Fish and chips.. that's my suggestion. Nothing more.

livwire68
04-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Fish and chips.. that's my suggestion. Nothing more.

I think we can manage that!

adampc22
04-25-2009, 01:44 PM
I think we can manage that!

the secret is in the bater

livwire68
04-25-2009, 02:12 PM
the secret is in the bater

The first time I made it, it was great. Then I made it for Andy and had problems, then again the other night (no Andy) and no problems. Im begining to think its not my batter its Andy:D

adampc22
04-25-2009, 02:57 PM
The first time I made it, it was great. Then I made it for Andy and had problems, then again the other night (no Andy) and no problems. Im begining to think its not my batter its Andy:D

aviod andy at all costs then lol just kiding

GWN
04-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Batter comprised of pancake mix and Guinness then fry in oil. Yum.

Dooge
04-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Well... Scottish was there the night we had problems too... and his name is Andy too... I too blame him.

fishstix
04-27-2009, 02:10 PM
Beer battered then fried is my favorite when it comes to bottom fish (especially Lings).

Serve it up with some spicy mustard or tartar sauce.

Drat
04-27-2009, 02:15 PM
Add some fresh grated parmesian to the bread crumbs before frying, it really brings a whole new flavor to the fried fish.

California rockfish are great for fish tacos. Pan fry in a little butter and some fresh minced garlic, put into a soft taco shell with your favorite fixin's and nom nom nom!

livwire68
04-27-2009, 04:34 PM
Add some fresh grated parmesian to the bread crumbs before frying, it really brings a whole new flavor to the fried fish.

California rockfish are great for fish tacos. Pan fry in a little butter and some fresh minced garlic, put into a soft taco shell with your favorite fixin's and nom nom nom!

I have had fish tacos 3 times since the trip a little over a week ago, but im not complaining :dr

Steve
04-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Sounds like a great time was had! As Scott said, just keep it simple. Of course as an alternative, just send me a couple of plane tickets and I'll come over and fix them for you...
:D :tu:ss

adampc22
04-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Well... Scottish was there the night we had problems too... and his name is Andy too... I too blame him.

it should have been awesome then thay batter everything in scotland like mars bars and kerlie werlies

Fishbeadtwo
04-28-2009, 01:37 PM
fish tacos equal easy good eating. marinate the fish in lime juice, olive oil and fresh cilantro
fut into 1.5 inch by 3.5 inch fingers and qrill quickly turning with a pair of tongs. put on warm corn tortillias with some fresh salsa and a little guacamole...........don't forget the Pacifico with lime though!

livwire68
04-28-2009, 05:19 PM
it should have been awesome then thay batter everything in scotland like mars bars and kerlie werlies

We did Oreo's and twinkies!

Dooge
04-28-2009, 06:10 PM
oh yes, yes we did!

Next we shall have to try mars bars and snickers... maybe some other things we can think of.

SteveDMatt
06-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Grilled rockfish with some salt, pepper and garlic powder is like the steak of fish. Slide a little butter over it when it's done so the butter doesn't burn and enjoy.