PDA

View Full Version : wanna freak the hell out of some people, do this

darb85
04-19-2009, 08:16 PM
or rather dont, was an intresting day yesterday.

So it was georgous out and I decided to ride. barrowed a friends bike, as i was leaving i realized i had to go to the bank. got off the bike pulled out the check i needed to deposit, had my hands full so i waited till i got inside to take off my helmet, which didnt happen until I got to the little deposit table. So there i am in full leathers(2 piece suit) a helmet, standing at the deposit table filling out the form, then I decide to take off my helmet. as I begin to do so I hear a voice asking me to stop and place my hands on my head. Thininking it was one of my friends i proceed to lift off my helmet and am there after flattened on the floor by a cop who easily weighs 300 pounds and built like a line backer, and am cuffed. now Ive never ever EVER been in legal trouble other than tickets.

After being dragged downtown(all of 2 miles) the little town that i live in and explaining that i had no intention of robbing a bank they drove me back to my bike.

apperently as soon as i walked in with my helmet on they called the cops, Precinct is 2 miles from the bank, took all of 2 minutes to get there.

So that was intresting, just thought id share.

WildBlueSooner
04-19-2009, 08:17 PM
haha that is funny as hell...bet you will remember next time! :r

Da Klugs
04-19-2009, 08:20 PM
We were hunting the other day and needed to hit the ATM....... :D

Good to know you still have good community security.

MedicCook
04-19-2009, 08:22 PM
A good lesson learned. Always remove helmet before entering bank. Good thing you did not get tasered.

newcigarz
04-19-2009, 08:24 PM
I travel to the bank all the time on my bike. I have to remind myself to remove my lid all the time.

jledou
04-19-2009, 08:27 PM
We had a bunch of change to take into the bank one day so we threw it into a duffel bag to carry it in... talk about getting a lot of attention when you walk into the bank ....

darb85
04-19-2009, 08:28 PM
A good lesson learned. Always remove helmet before entering bank. Good thing you did not get tasered.

yup, I usually do, but never really thought anything about it when Ive gone in other places with my lid on till I can clear my hands or something, something that will change now.

And when they told me to put thier hands on my head they didnt say they were police, so thats why i thought it was my friends screwing with me.

meh, lesson learned

tobii3
04-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Stopped by the Gas Station for coffee on the way to the range.

THAT was an interesting day.

Friendly reminder - go STRAIGHT to the range, then STRAIGHT home.

:r

loki
04-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Stopped by the Gas Station for coffee on the way to the range.

THAT was an interesting day.

Friendly reminder - go STRAIGHT to the range, then STRAIGHT home.

:r

ok i need more info here

MedicCook
04-19-2009, 08:35 PM
I am surprised he did not announce themself as a police officer.

darb85
04-19-2009, 08:36 PM
I am surprised he did not announce themself as a police officer.

as was I, thought honestly, since i tend to just ignore everyone in the bank, i may have missed it. Dunno

ucla695
04-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Whoa. Luckily that's all that happened.

darb85
04-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Whoa. Luckily that's all that happened.

yup! Just to clarify im not upset, more just thought it was a good story, it was a dumb move on my part.

dunng
04-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Ouch! Good thing it ended well! :tu

smokin5
04-19-2009, 09:52 PM
My bank has a large sign on the front door reading
"NO helmets, hoods, sunglasses allowed inside"
I told the teller I added "underwear" to the sign.:ss

uncballzer
04-19-2009, 09:53 PM
question, why the hell would they call the cops for having a helmet on?

BC-Axeman
04-19-2009, 09:58 PM
I've gone into liquor stares and gas station stores without taking off my helmet before, but I never thought it was threatening.
Something to thing about.

darb85
04-19-2009, 10:05 PM

Cant see your face, cant tell who you are, and when you are in full leathers, Gloves, Boots, they cant even tell what color you are, hell i could have been purple. all security! They thought i was going to rob it, they had to check out my house after they brought me in, and my car, and bike, and bags. Ya take your freaking helmet off. wasted my whole day.

icehog3
04-19-2009, 10:15 PM
That's one benefit of not wearing a helmet. ;) :r

TXRebel
04-19-2009, 10:15 PM
:hm Are there that many bank robberies by helmet wearing thieves in your town? Seems like they’re a little paranoid.

darb85
04-19-2009, 10:20 PM
:hm Are there that many bank robberies by helmet wearing thieves in your town? Seems like they’re a little paranoid.

small conservitive town. and yes, very very paranoid at this branch. not sure why, but hey, I guess its a good thing

darb85
04-19-2009, 10:22 PM

wear a helmet Tom...WEAR YOUR GEAR! :dance:

and with that, im gonna run away from you and hide yous a scary dude.

4WheelVFR
04-19-2009, 10:31 PM
We actually had a bank robbed by a couple guys on motorcycles recently. They came in wearing helmets and full riding gear, brandished a gun and took off with the cash. They were not caught either. Maybe not so paranoid. Not bashing you though, as that sounds like something I'd do.

4WheelVFR
04-19-2009, 10:32 PM

tsk tsk.....always wear a helmet! Tom may be big and scary, but this is the interwebs, I'm tough.;)

icehog3
04-19-2009, 10:34 PM
wear a helmet Tom...WEAR YOUR GEAR! :dance:

and with that, im gonna run away from you and hide yous a scary dude.

Is this my Dad posting under an alias??? :r :r

darb85
04-19-2009, 10:50 PM
Is this my Dad posting under an alias??? :r :r

yup, hey girls dig my leather suit! its the assless chaps I had to stop wearing...

Genetic Defect
04-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Tom wasn't there to tase him :r
I've gone into liquor stares and gas station stores without taking off my helmet before, but I never thought it was threatening.
Something to thing about.

how much drinking before you go into stares? :fu

icehog3
04-19-2009, 11:10 PM
yup, hey girls dig my leather suit! its the assless chaps I had to stop wearing...

Maybe you can ditch the helmet for a brimmed beanie. ;)

This time. :r

JE3146
04-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Cant see your face, cant tell who you are, and when you are in full leathers, Gloves, Boots, they cant even tell what color you are, hell i could have been purple. all security! They thought i was going to rob it, they had to check out my house after they brought me in, and my car, and bike, and bags. Ya take your freaking helmet off. wasted my whole day.

Unless you had a gun on you, I don't see the point of the rest of what you're talking about. They HAD to check out your house?

I'm sorry, but I'd be on the phone with a lawyer after that. I'd be thrown in prison if they searched my house. Not because I had done anything wrong, but hell, they walk into my house, see a few gun safes and loads of ammo and you know damn well what they'd think. Legal as it may be.

Yea it's great for a bank to be proactive against a threat, but assaulting you prematurely, then after establishing you weren't a threat, keeping you in cuffs, then violating your privacy on a number of levels thereafter. What country is this again?

adampc22
04-20-2009, 12:32 AM
last year that made it ilegal to have a helmet on in a bank here

darb85
04-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Unless you had a gun on you, I don't see the point of the rest of what you're talking about. They HAD to check out your house?

I'm sorry, but I'd be on the phone with a lawyer after that. I'd be thrown in prison if they searched my house. Not because I had done anything wrong, but hell, they walk into my house, see a few gun safes and loads of ammo and you know damn well what they'd think. Legal as it may be.

Yea it's great for a bank to be proactive against a threat, but assaulting you prematurely, then after establishing you weren't a threat, keeping you in cuffs, then violating your privacy on a number of levels thereafter. What country is this again?

it wasnt a big deal. I mean I would have done the same probably. bonehead move on my part.

AD720
04-20-2009, 09:22 AM

This time. :r

http://prnewser.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/donttasemet.jpg

replicant_argent
04-20-2009, 09:43 AM
Find the box for the helmet and give it away/sell it before it does you harm again. (assuming of course it is new and unused for a period of time)

darb85
04-20-2009, 09:47 AM
Find the box for the helmet and give it away/sell it before it does you harm again. (assuming of course it is new and unused for a period of time)

Cant, helmet laws...

Hey! I was only following the law!

wonder if that would have worked?:rolleyes:

SeanGAR
04-20-2009, 09:54 AM

I tend to agree. Once cuffed, they check you out, no gun, no ransom note, no other weapons, a good excuse (sorry man, I plumb forgot and was taking it off when you came), they should have patted you on the back and let you go about your business. Anything else is overkill. If they wanted to look at your house from the outside, no problem, anything inside they need a warrant, unless you have weed plants visible from the street or some other cause. Yeah, you should have taken the helmet off, but what threat were you? Have a gun? Have a knife? Seriously .... makes me wonder.

BC-Axeman
04-20-2009, 10:19 AM
:tpd:

karmaz00
04-20-2009, 05:53 PM
note to self....no helmit in bank :)

WildBlueSooner
04-20-2009, 05:55 PM

I think the rest is what makes it a good story...bet he wont forget to take his helmet off now :r

TXRebel
04-20-2009, 06:02 PM
they had to check out my house after they brought me in, and my car,

Sounds like a violation of the 4Th Amendment.

SmokeyJoe
04-20-2009, 06:05 PM

how much drinking before you go into stares? :fu

Now THAT made me laugh. :r

G G
04-20-2009, 06:08 PM
I believe it violates some federal law that went into effect after 911 (maybe).

WildBlueSooner
04-20-2009, 06:10 PM
Same reason you cant forget to take your ski mask off on a really cold day :r

TXRebel
04-20-2009, 06:13 PM
I believe it violates some federal law that went into effect after 911 (maybe).

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg128/mvbound/Smileys/000200B8.gif?t=1240272623

CBI_2
04-20-2009, 08:24 PM
:r:r:r Thanks for sharing.

Genetic Defect
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Now THAT made me laugh. :r

:) don't encourage me

icehog3
04-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Sounds like a violation of the 4Th Amendment.

Not if Brad gave consent. ;)

Genetic Defect
04-20-2009, 10:25 PM
Brad, why did you give consent

icehog3
04-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Brad, why did you give consent

I don't know if he did, I am just saying there is no violation if he did.

Genetic Defect
04-20-2009, 11:13 PM
I would venture to say he did my guess is most people do.

icehog3
04-20-2009, 11:21 PM
I would venture to say he did my guess is most people do.

Never assume anything, Perry, because when you do you make an ass....ah, you know the rest. :r

Genetic Defect
04-20-2009, 11:23 PM
:r true

loki
04-21-2009, 05:46 AM
it wasnt a big deal. I mean I would have done the same probably. bonehead move on my part.

actually it is a big deal, I'm sorry you can't see that

darb85
04-21-2009, 07:18 AM
I don't know if he did, I am just saying there is no violation if he did.

Which I did, I dont know, was a bit freaked out, and whatever, ive got nothing to hide. I guess its a bigger deal than i thought.

replicant_argent
04-21-2009, 08:11 AM
it's remarkable how history repeats itself.

Nature.. weeds...
My mom has an issue with what we like to call "situational reality."
And remember kids, you don't have to pass a test to be a parent, either!
Going to the State fair reminds me of the diverse nature of our society as well.
http://dic.academic.ru/pictures/wiki/files/67/Clash_GiveEm.jpg

Sorry, I got distracted...

Loook!! OOOOHHHH SHINY!

TXRebel
04-21-2009, 08:14 AM
Not if Brad gave consent. ;)

Which I did, I dont know, was a bit freaked out, and whatever, ive got nothing to hide. I guess its a bigger deal than i thought.

There was probably a little coercion. ;)

ade06
04-21-2009, 09:15 AM
He gave consent because he was likely still shaken up by the whole ordeal and wanted to be released and he knew that he had nothing to hide. While they were searching your house and bags, they were looking for anything that they could bust you with (eg drugs, guns, etc.). Since they had wrongly detained you, they were reaching for any reason to lock your butt up, so that they could feel justified about man handling you and hauling you to the station.

Genetic Defect
04-21-2009, 10:59 AM
I will remain silent :D

piperman
04-21-2009, 01:05 PM
I don't think I would have let them look in my house, there was no justification to do that.

icehog3
04-21-2009, 01:23 PM
There was probably a little coercion. ;)

He gave consent because he was likely still shaken up by the whole ordeal and wanted to be released and he knew that he had nothing to hide. While they were searching your house and bags, they were looking for anything that they could bust you with (eg drugs, guns, etc.). Since they had wrongly detained you, they were reaching for any reason to lock your butt up, so that they could feel justified about man handling you and hauling you to the station.

Wow, a lot of assumptions here for people who weren't there.

Ade, you make it sound like fact...hope Brad filled in those details for you and you didn't just come up with that as factual on your own. ;)

SeanGAR
04-21-2009, 01:39 PM
Well, if a cop wanted to look in my house I'd normally just invite them in for tea.

Now, if they wanted a peek down my pants, they'd have to buy me a beer first.

TXRebel
04-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Wow, a lot of assumptions here for people who weren't there. ;)

Searching his house and car (being that he was riding a motorcycle) just seems a little extreme, when no weapons were found. IMOH, unless he had a criminal record, it shouldn’t have went past record checks, outside by the patrol car. ;) :D

ade06
04-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Wow, a lot of assumptions here for people who weren't there.

Ade, you make it sound like fact...hope Brad filled in those details for you and you didn't just come up with that as factual on your own. ;)

I'm going off of the "facts" and mental recollections that Brad stated throughout the post. You are correct that I nor anyone else on this board (other than Brad) was there. But as Brad also noted, he didn't think that this was a big deal nor was he mad that his whole day was wasted (I would have been, but to each their own). But, I don't think that I'm out of line by analyzing Brad's recollections that he was flattened on the floor, cuffed, dragged downtown (the 2 mile away police station) in a small conservative town and before he could be released, the police "had" to check out his house, car, bike and bags. Would the police have "had" to do all of the above mentioned things if Brad had requested an attorney or had one present? I think not. And, I didn't have to be there in person to offer my opinion based on the "facts" presented. No harm intended, my statements are just my opinions (as are the rest of the posters in any given thread).

loki
04-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Now, if they wanted a peek down my pants, they'd have to buy me a beer first.

well....now this clearly depends on the cop....some wouldn't need the beer first...maybe after...

icehog3
04-21-2009, 04:10 PM
Searching his house and car (being that he was riding a motorcycle) just seems a little extreme, when no weapons were found. IMOH, unless he had a criminal record, it shouldn’t have went past record checks, outside by the patrol car. ;) :D

Agreed. :)
I'm going off of the "facts" and mental recollections that Brad stated throughout the post. You are correct that I nor anyone else on this board (other than Brad) was there. But as Brad also noted, he didn't think that this was a big deal nor was he mad that his whole day was wasted (I would have been, but to each their own). But, I don't think that I'm out of line by analyzing Brad's recollections that he was flattened on the floor, cuffed, dragged downtown (the 2 mile away police station) in a small conservative town and before he could be released, the police "had" to check out his house, car, bike and bags. Would the police have "had" to do all of the above mentioned things if Brad had requested an attorney or had one present? I think not. And, I didn't have to be there in person to offer my opinion based on the "facts" presented. No harm intended, my statements are just my opinions (as are the rest of the posters in any given thread).

No harm taken, and I agree that without consent the cops really had no basis for a search. And I believe if the cops had found drugs or some illegal contraband unrelated to an implement of armed robbery, no prosecutor worth his salt would have approved charges, as that evidence would have been irreparably tainted, regardless of any consent for the search.

darb85
04-21-2009, 07:03 PM
yup the more i look into it i realize that I probably shouldnt have given consent, but I have never even been inside of a police station. An hoestly what was the harm? a little extreme ya, but hell i learned my lesson. haha

Live and learn i suppose next time(if there is a next time) Ill ask for a lawyer? meh

icehog3
04-21-2009, 10:06 PM
yup the more i look into it i realize that I probably shouldnt have given consent, but I have never even been inside of a police station. An hoestly what was the harm? a little extreme ya, but hell i learned my lesson. haha

Live and learn i suppose next time(if there is a next time) Ill ask for a lawyer? meh

Asking for a lawyer would likely have made them rethink their position, Brad. I understand the "nothing to hide" rationale, but I would feel quite invaded, even in my position, having a bunch of cops rifling through my personal chit. Cripes, they might find my Gurkha stash!