PDA

View Full Version : My car was broken in to

Commander Quan
04-16-2009, 11:37 AM
It happened again this morning, This time it was my Mazda3. When some Ass Hole broke into my Truck in December they tried unsuccessfully to take my head unit. This morning I went outside to go to work and the window was smashed in. They stole my Tom Tom, a radar detector, my cigar caddy with some cigars in it, and a Merkur Razor that I was mailing back to the retailer for a replacement. The auto insurance will pay for all but $100 of the window but I'm SOL for the other stuff my homeowners deductible is $500 and that's how much it would cost to replace that stuff myself. God I'm pissed the first time it cost me 35 for a used window and an hour of my time. Now they actually took stuff that meant something to me. I'm gonna go workout and hit some stuff now.

piperman
04-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Sorry to hear that. hope you have a better afternoon.

poker
04-16-2009, 11:44 AM
That sucks

lightning9191
04-16-2009, 11:52 AM
That does suck.....I'm sorry to hear.

marge796
04-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Sorry my friend that does SUCK :fl. Good luck with the repairs.

Chris.....

WildBlueSooner
04-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Damn it...I hate f'n theives. I hope whoever is doing it gets caught. They did hit the jackpot though, a cigar caddy, cigars, a razor...nice! :r Just joking, I am sorry that happened to you!

hotreds
04-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Sorry to hear! Was the car on the street? Were the items in plain sight? Anymore, you can't leave anything in view! I'm always amazed to see convertibles parked with CDs in easy reach!

Well, your adrenaline should be pumping good- go set some lifting records!

ahc4353
04-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Sorry to read the sh!tty news.

Hope things improve.

DPD6030
04-16-2009, 12:17 PM
That right there is a felony in MI. Damn bastages taking chit that's not theirs. What is this world coming to? Pirates and now this! Sorry it had to happen to you again and also the first time.

tunes
04-16-2009, 12:24 PM
bummer... :(

Lucky_Hippo
04-16-2009, 12:42 PM
That really sucks. :mad:

Commander Quan
04-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Everything was in the glove box except the small box I had to mail. They had no idea anything else was in there.

BlackDog
04-16-2009, 03:01 PM
I hate thieves, they're the worst sort of human filth. I'm sorry this happened to you.

Old Sailor
04-16-2009, 03:04 PM
I hate thieves, they're the worst sort of human filth. I'm sorry this happened to you.

:tpd:agree

SmokeyJoe
04-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Dude... very sorry to hear about this.

Is your neighborhood going down hill, or is this just a recent rash of break-ins? Any new neighbor hoodlums hanging around?

icehog3
04-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Everything was in the glove box except the small box I had to mail. They had no idea anything else was in there.

Did you have the suction cups or mount for your GPS visible? GPS units account for about 80% of the auto burglaries in this area now, and the chitbags have gotten smart....they realize that a mount in plain view means, quite possibly, a GPS unit in the glove box or console.

And for those who take their GPS inside, but leave the mount in plain view, they don't lose their GPS...but they still get the busted window or punched lock.

I am sorry this happened to you, maybe you can help some other inmates down the line if you let us know if the GPS mount was visible. Hope they catch the chitbag who did this to you.

Commander Quan
04-16-2009, 04:37 PM
No I usually do have the mounting on the windshield but had just taken it off this week.

Tom, whoever broke the window cut them self because there was blood on some of the papers I had in the glove box. Would this be of any use to the Police? I don't expect it to be like CSI, but if it could be of any use I'd like to peruse it. After all this was ~$400 in stuff and tampering with US mail.

Bax
04-16-2009, 05:08 PM
No I usually do have the mounting on the windshield but had just taken it off this week.

Tom, whoever broke the window cut them self because there was blood on some of the papers I had in the glove box. Would this be of any use to the Police? I don't expect it to be like CSI, but if it could be of any use I'd like to peruse it. After all this was ~$400 in stuff and tampering with US mail.
Take the paper inside a plastic bag to the cops. They can file it with the report. If they do catch the guy they can use it to link other crimes and that may mean the difference in jail time and letting him walk. I had a guy ask for change and gave me a dollar, later he came back to the store and pried open the register. The dollar he gave was still there and had his print on it. They caught him later at another store doing the same and matched his print. He got a few months to cool his heels.

MedicCook
04-16-2009, 06:56 PM
That really sucks man.

kaelaria
04-16-2009, 07:19 PM
That sucks! When I was a kid doing the apartment thing, parking outside - I had every one of my vehicles broken into at least once. Thank goodness for garages.

elderboy02
04-16-2009, 07:22 PM

:tpd: I hope karma bites them in the rear.

darb85
04-16-2009, 08:43 PM
It happened again this morning, This time it was my Mazda3. When some Ass Hole broke into my Truck in December they tried unsuccessfully to take my head unit. This morning I went outside to go to work and the window was smashed in. They stole my Tom Tom, a radar detector, my cigar caddy with some cigars in it, and a Merkur Razor that I was mailing back to the retailer for a replacement. The auto insurance will pay for all but $100 of the window but I'm SOL for the other stuff my homeowners deductible is $500 and that's how much it would cost to replace that stuff myself. God I'm pissed the first time it cost me 35 for a used window and an hour of my time. Now they actually took stuff that meant something to me. I'm gonna go workout and hit some stuff now.

your comprhensive coverage should cover the theft...thats what it is, the other than collision coverage..theft fire vandalisim at least thats how it works with my company

White97Jimmy
04-16-2009, 09:21 PM
My comp coverage didn't cover all of my personal items taken from my boss's car when we were traveling and it was stolen. I had to go through homeowners insurance.

icehog3
04-16-2009, 09:48 PM

The blood would only be of use if the police develop a suspect. If they do, they can DNA match the blood.

A lot of people watch TV and think that there is some huge DNA database that cops can just plug any sample into. Only the most violent offenders are included in this database, so it is unlikely that your car burglar is in it. But if the cops get a solid lead or suspect, the blood can be solid evidence.

White97Jimmy
04-16-2009, 09:54 PM
Plus, DNA collection of even violent offenders is still relatively new.

skullnrose
04-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Sorry to hear that happened to you. I always leave my GPS and Radar in plain view guess I'm asking for trouble. Starting tomorrow that's going to change.

icehog3
04-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Take the paper inside a plastic bag to the cops. They can file it with the report. If they do catch the guy they can use it to link other crimes and that may mean the difference in jail time and letting him walk. I had a guy ask for change and gave me a dollar, later he came back to the store and pried open the register. The dollar he gave was still there and had his print on it. They caught him later at another store doing the same and matched his print. He got a few months to cool his heels.

Make sure to put it in a paper bag....the blood can break down in a plastic bag due to lack of air. ;)