PDA

View Full Version : Oxnard, Ca area B&M's

livwire68
04-15-2009, 06:17 PM
I will have a couple hours this friday and maybe monday to have some smokes in this area. Are there any places I should check out? My Wife, Son and myself will be going on a 2 day fishing trip which if the weather cooperates I will be smoking on the boat to relax from all the fish we catch!

EvanS
04-15-2009, 11:42 PM
It's not exactly Oxnard, about 22 miles away, but Old Oaks Cigars in Thousand Oaks is a good one. Best selection of excellent scotch and bourbon for quite a ways. Smoking up front, open room in back, roller on site, etc. Owners were very good when I was there.

http://oldoakscigarco.com/

livwire68
04-20-2009, 02:47 PM
It's not exactly Oxnard, about 22 miles away, but Old Oaks Cigars in Thousand Oaks is a good one. Best selection of excellent scotch and bourbon for quite a ways. Smoking up front, open room in back, roller on site, etc. Owners were very good when I was there.

Thanks I checked it out. Bought a couple sticks (since I stopped in) couldnt hang out and smoke had the Wife and Kid with me. Small, but packed humi. Some stuff I do not see often and the lounge looked great. Just couldnt handle the prices of a cali. B&M. They do have a roller on site that sits in the humi and smokes some of what he rolls (what a job)

EvanS
04-20-2009, 05:15 PM
Just couldnt handle the prices of a cali.

Thanks for the reminder :mad:
Hope you had a great trip otherwise

chippewastud79
04-20-2009, 05:27 PM

Evan, I have been to that shop quite a few times, my fiance's family lives about 10 minutes from there and my future father-in-law and I have had quite a few good sticks there through the past few years. They have a hell of a selection (the prices drive me up the wall), but the owners are nice guys and the lounge (especially the patio) are awesome. Last time we were there I picked up a few MB 2's that were hiding and enjoyed them. Proabably be out there again in a few weeks when we visit again. :tu

Their private roller does make some pretty cool sticks, haven't tried one, but they look very nice. They also change the wrappers on some everyday cigars for people to try, last time I was there they had changed the wrappers on some CAO Americas. Also they seem to have a large supply of GOF and other harder to find stuff everytime I am in there. :tu

sikk50
04-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Check out Smokers Castle in Ventura on Main St. Great group of guys, couches two flat screens and pretty large selection. Price is great and the owner pays the California tobacco tax out of pocket so you only get charged the 8% sales tax. I'm a young guy but they welcomed me very warmly. I highly suggest it. To this day it is my favorite smoking lounge.

sikk50
04-20-2009, 06:04 PM
Also where are you fishing? Ocean? I know a lot of the sport fishing boat owners in the area. Lake Casitas? I've been a park ranger there for 4 years with the exception of right now since I'm in school, but will be working the summer there again