PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to hear from a cigar podcast?

Slidzero
04-15-2009, 03:44 PM
So here's the deal, my friend and I are starting a cigar podcast, but we keep debating about what "segments" we should include. Should we do just reviews? Should we talk about industry news? How can we include listeners?

We are up in arms about this. So this is where you guys (or girls) come in. If you were to dedicate 30 - 45 minutes of your time a week to listening to a podcast about cigars what would you want from it? What would you want to hear?

I've done research and there are not many quality cigar podcasts out there. There is only one (Dogwatch) that records on a regular basis.

So let me hear it. What would you want?

Regards,

Zach Roesch

MedicCook
04-15-2009, 03:55 PM
I think do a little of everything. Review a couple of cigars, talk about the industy news for a few minutes, maybe have some talk about what best to drink with cigars. Keep it open with different topics to keep peoples attention through out the entire podcast. Have an email addy set up for questions. Let people know what you wil be talking about on the next podcast so the questions you do get from listeners are based around your current discussions.

lightning9191
04-15-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm with Ryan here....cover a little bit of everything. Also maybe have listeners email topic suggestions to you...this will allow you to adapt it to your audience.

Slidzero
04-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Would you want any pop culture element to it (sports, politics, music, entertainment, etc...) or would you want it strictly cigars?

lightning9191
04-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Would you want any pop culture element to it (sports, politics, music, entertainment, etc...) or would you want it strictly cigars?

I don't think I'd want any pop culture unless it had some connection to cigars. You could always do a highlight of a historical figure who enjoyed cigars.